Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | Realtor® & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #161
CarlW
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violator View Post
I worked on Tara lake and indigo sky cheap is what you get and in that case cheap is what you don't want.

Wish I read this thread months ago as I bought into Encore in Kincora.
What has been the knock on Carlisle? Should I worry when it's completed that I'll fall through the floor when bathing? Ceiling falling in?

Was gonna live in it, but now thinking maybe I should sell it once it's finished...
Old 08-10-2013, 07:02 AM   #162
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:

The complaints around Pointe Of View/Carlisle tended to revolve around warranties. Being a budget builder they tended to have a higher number of warranty issues but had a poor reputation for dealing with them.

I would argue that when a builder of that size feels they need to change their name, there is probably some validity to concerns. Note that the company said it was purely for "Refocusing" their business....(Herald Link)

In general, here's a CP thread to give you a flavor.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #163
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

You always take a chance buying new especially how fast houses are put up these days the only way you know a house is going to be perfect is usually one dedicated builder building one house not one builder building about 75 houses,Building houses like that is more of a production line that the builder designates to the sub trades and says to the sub trades how fast they need the house to put on the market.When i say watch our for places like POV/Carlisle I'm saying its a rush job and trying to get the condos on the market as quick as possible to finance the next two or three buildings or projects.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #164
Swarez
Draft Pick

Long time lurker, finally decided to join.

I have been back and forth from Toronto last couple years, now found a good job in Calgary (working with the airport authority), sold my place in Toronto and looking. I am going to start off renting, but is it worth buying into the Calgary market now?
My place in Toronto appreciated quite a bit, and with the equity and DP I have, its a sizable down payment. I am in late 20s, single, no kids etc, and will probably be here for at least a few years.
There were a couple new developments 15 mins from the airport I was looking at that will be ready next year for about $200K (two bed plus den, no amenities).
Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #165
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Here comes the jinx, but.....

I think Calgary is still a can't miss location. There is such a constant influx of people, even during the "tough times", and they all need a place to live.

The city has reached a critical mass (Like Toronto and Vancouver, albeit for different reasons) and is a destination for people. Condos remain affordable for people outside Oil and Gas, and laughably affordable for this in it. Houses on the other hand have hit a value in which you NEED two decent incomes or one good O&G paycheque for them to be affordable.

No matter what route you take, welcome to Calgary. She ain't the prettiest girl at the party, but she ain't that bad either.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #166
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Well holy crap Shaw just made 3 Eau Claire pretty much a go at this point. Word is they start construction this summer now.
I'm hearing they did have financing problems as we suspected & a certain large BC developer just bought the development.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #167
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I'm hearing they did have financing problems as we suspected & a certain large BC developer just bought the development.
I hadn't heard anything about that, could make sense in why they didn't start construction over the summer though. The lot is now fenced off and things are probably going to get moving soon.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #168
Tyler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty doubtful Crossings in Bridgeland is going to start anytime soon.

The whole Bridges development pisses me off. I wish it didn't take this long to finish off this area of Bridgeland.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #169
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought and lived in a phase one building from 2005-2008, back then I would have thought by now the other two phases would have been built out. Too bad, so much potential there.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #170
BumbleBee
Backup Goalie

Exp:

LIDO by Battistella is now selling in Kensington!

Looks like Battistella's new development will be on the corner of 10th street and 2nd Avenue, directly west of their other building, PIXEL.
It's mixed-use so there will be retail spaces on the ground level, a boutique hotel on the second level, and then 60 condo units for sale ranging from 1- to 3- bedrooms. Pretty cool to see some 3-bedroom units finally popping up, especially in Kensington! Great for anyone looking to downsize.

www.battistella.ca/lido
Old 12-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #171
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those three bedroom units in Lido start at $900,000.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #172
Sheva #7
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

how much is 1 bedroom + den, any idea?
Old 12-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #173
Brewmaster
Scoring Winger

Exp:

When a building has retail space, hotel suites and paid public parking is it all owned by the condo and income for the reserve fund?
Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #174
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewmaster View Post
When a building has retail space, hotel suites and paid public parking is it all owned by the condo and income for the reserve fund?
Not always, when I lived in arriVa the retail was a separate condo corporation that also had control of the P1 public parking. The residential condo tower controlled the residential entrance and the tower proper, plus the podium space on level 3 (including the two guest suites).

I do believe there are other condos where they may all be lumped in together. However in the case of Lido it would not surprise me to see it split 3 ways, retail, hotel, and residential.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #175
lorenavedon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Lido is about the most overpriced condo project I've ever seen. I think the developer confused Kensington Calgary with Kensington London
Old 12-24-2013, 07:58 AM   #176
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yesterday Guardian announced that they are sold out, I would guess tower two will start to sell early next year.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #177
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lido is more that $100 more per sq foot on average than Pixel which is right beside it. It's ridiculous. If those 3 bedrooms are 900k, it's much better to just wait and buy a real house in Sunnyside or Hillhurst.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #178
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Lido is more that $100 more per sq foot on average than Pixel which is right beside it. It's ridiculous. If those 3 bedrooms are 900k, it's much better to just wait and buy a real house in Sunnyside or Hillhurst.
Instead of waiting I'd buy this:
http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetai...rtyId=13709451
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #179
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of the rare Sunnyside homes with an attached garage.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:34 PM   #180
lorenavedon
Backup Goalie

Exp:

anybody see any deals anymore or have we plateaued? Seems like everything is overpriced now unless you're really desperate to buy. Been to about 15 different new development sales centers and ended up leaving thinking "this might not be that bad had it been $100k cheaper". Or am I out to lunch and these are awesome deals?

Tags
arriva , calgary condos , condo pre sale , nuera , university city condo