Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #941
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty big news:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Financial Post
Netflix Inc signed a multi-year agreement with Walt Disney Co, gaining exclusive U.S. pay television rights to Disney movie releases from 2016.

Disney and Netflix also signed an agreement on a multi-year catalog deal which will make available Disney movies such as “Dumbo,” “Pocahontas” and “Alice in Wonderland” to U.S. Netflix members from Tuesday.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #942
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluck View Post
Donald Draper is the man!
Don Draper is a misogynistic ####### who has no respect for his family or anyone who is close to him.

Mad Men is Peggy Olsen.

That being said, I still love the Don Draper character. Every guy wants to be more like him, but there is probably more bad than good.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #943
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
Don Draper is a misogynistic ####### who has no respect for his family or anyone who is close to him.

Mad Men is Peggy Olsen.
Don Draper is all those things and Mad Men is still all about Don Draper.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #944
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Mad Men is Peggy Olsen.

That being said, I still love the Don Draper character. Every guy wants to be more like him, but there is probably more bad than good.

"What?!"
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #945
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

After checking out the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor in Vegas the other day, I wanted to watch the movie again so I did so on Netflix last night (recently added!). Amazing how it's been a decade and a half already since women were swooning over a younger Leo and dudes were lamenting the movie's entire "uneventful" first half.

I used to go along with the masculine hatred when I was younger, but secretly always enjoyed the flick. It's just...why the hell couldn't he try once more to find a spot on that plank of wood?!

Also, I feel bad for whomever actually ended up marrying Rose. You know she was mind-boning Jack Dawson for the entire duration of her life.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 12-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #946
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
After checking out the Titanic exhibit at the Luxor in Vegas the other day, I wanted to watch the movie again so I did so on Netflix last night (recently added!). Amazing how it's been a decade and a half already since women were swooning over a younger Leo and dudes were lamenting the movie's entire "uneventful" first half.

I used to go along with the masculine hatred when I was younger, but secretly always enjoyed the flick. It's just...why the hell couldn't he try once more to find a spot on that plank of wood?!

Also, I feel bad for whomever actually ended up marrying Rose. You know she was mind-boning Jack Dawson for the entire duration of her life.

Sent from my Nexus 7

So if its the same as the exhibit I have been too... Did you die or survive at the end? When i lived in Branson , they had one. You got a card at the front and at the end you opened it. It told you whether you lived or died. I died every F'in time.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #947
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
So if its the same as the exhibit I have been too... Did you die or survive at the end? When i lived in Branson , they had one. You got a card at the front and at the end you opened it. It told you whether you lived or died. I died every F'in time.
Dead. Dead dead dead. My girlfriend lived though. She was a baby who ended up going on to be the last living survivor. I felt greasy being a 48 year old first class passenger dating a third class baby. I mean, third class?!

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 12-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #948
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post

Sent from my Nexus 7
Mythbusters took this one on. turns out that Cameron actually got this right, that size of broken plank made out of the type of wood it was would not have held both of them. they did figure out that if Rose had taken off her life jacket and tied it around the plank so that it sat underneath, it would have boosted the buoyancy enough so that they might have both been able to fit on. but as neither of them were MacGuyver, i guess they never thought of that
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #949
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Mythbusters took this one on. turns out that Cameron actually got this right, that size of broken plank made out of the type of wood it was would not have held both of them. they did figure out that if Rose had taken off her life jacket and tied it around the plank so that it sat underneath, it would have boosted the buoyancy enough so that they might have both been able to fit on. but as neither of them were MacGuyver, i guess they never thought of that
Such is love I guess. Never more than one forgotten life jacket away from the cold, hard depths of misery.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #950
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #951
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

No no, this is what really happened:

gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #952
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Titanic is awesome because Kate Winslet was like 21 and super hot and naked.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #953
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
"What?!"
OK I take it back. I posted that when I was in season 2/3 and it seemed to me like Peggy was really coming into her own, the story lines were developing around her as much as Don, and I found her to be the heart and soul of the company.

I think the writers could have taken off with this if they wanted but decided to focus the show back on Don.

What I was trying to get across was that she is the heart of the show.l She is the good conscience. She is the opposite of Don and makes him successful whether he likes it or not. She is in the true, pure sense, a Madison Avenue man.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #954
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Titanic is awesome because Kate Winslet was like 21 and super hot and naked.
Amen. Finally someone understands...
Red Ice Player is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Ice Player For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #955
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
OK I take it back. I posted that when I was in season 2/3 and it seemed to me like Peggy was really coming into her own, the story lines were developing around her as much as Don, and I found her to be the heart and soul of the company.

I think the writers could have taken off with this if they wanted but decided to focus the show back on Don.

What I was trying to get across was that she is the heart of the show.l She is the good conscience. She is the opposite of Don and makes him successful whether he likes it or not. She is in the true, pure sense, a Madison Avenue man.
Hey man, well said. Especially around season 2-3, I felt like Mad Men was the story of Peggy Olson, as told through the lens of Don Draper's world. With her moving to a different agency, I'm not sure how much screen time she'll get next season. I imagine she'll be back with Don at some point.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #956
TitovFTW
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Don Draper is such a complex character, the way they've written for him has fascinated me to no end. They don't pardon his adultery but show us that it comes from a much deeper, deeper place then just a guy looking for a good time. I love flawed characters like him, ones that are not all sunshine and alpha male all the time.
TitovFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TitovFTW For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #957
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You got my joke though right?

The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #958
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Don Draper is one of the most raging butt holes on television and I love him for it.

Peggy has had one of the better character arcs in television history. I always find myself wondering how she turns out, where she would be in the 70s or 80s and 90s. She's also one of the few characters on the show that you can legitly root for without feeling like a a bad person.

I guess Pete would be #3, I love how he was the only guy that won in season 5, just to make all the other characters miserable years seem so much more miserable.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #959
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Peter is slowing becoming season 1 Don.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:57 AM   #960
TitovFTW
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Transformers and GI Joe the 80's cartoons have been added to Netflix today.

Few good documentaries along with the English Patient and Buried for movies added as well.

I finally found a website that lists every new release, and also has movies that are expiring. It also has a link to each movies IMDB Page and it's Rotten Tomatoes rating. The best website I have found yet and they have a really good twittter account

http://can.whatsnewonnetflix.com/page/1
TitovFTW is offline   Reply With Quote