Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2022, 01:56 PM   #41
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would suck to be Rebel Media every day. I hope they implode or have to publicly concede that there is nothing journalistic about them.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #42
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess I should have checked, he is already begging for money, continuing the slander, and asks for his brain-dead mop heads to harass the UofC. What a worthless piece of trash, I hope he ends up in prison one day.

https://www.rebelnews.com/help_trude...o_shut_us_down
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:12 PM   #43
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I guess I should have checked, he is already begging for money, continuing the slander, and asks for his brain-dead mop heads to harass the UofC. What a worthless piece of trash, I hope he ends up in prison one day.

https://www.rebelnews.com/help_trude...o_shut_us_down

When doesn't he beg for money? The "Rebel" has been a grift since day one.
Duruss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #44
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm always amazed at how many people voluntarily shovel money his way. If only they could donate that to good causes.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:25 PM   #45
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was talking to a ‘the mainstream media is all on the payroll of the Libs’ loon at a BBQ last weekend. He was literally shaking with anger and frustration when I shrugged and said it was all nonsense. He’s just the sort who will donate to Levant’s defamation allowance fund.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 09-16-2022 at 02:29 PM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 12:42 AM   #46
Kidder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay this thread reminded me about Kevin Johnston. So I had to look up what has happened since his arrest trying to flee across the US border.

So as a refresher, he had been sentenced to serve jail time on weekends only, for his harassment of patrons and businesses in Calgary malls during the pandemic. He did not show up for his final weekend, as upon completion he was to be shipped to Ontario to serve an 18 month sentence for racial harassment charges from years prior when he lived there.

Instead he illegally crossed into the US at the Saskatchewan border on foot in deadly frigid temperatures, got lost, and was rescued by US border patrol units who picked him up before he froze to death.

So from there he was returned to Calgary. And released on bail to live with a friend in Edmonton while he awaited trial for the latest offence. That was the last I heard.

So apparently, on March 8th he was awarded time served for his time detained, which ammounted to 30 days. And now looking at his Instagram he’s currently gallivanting around Calgary free as a bird.

How do you flee an 18 month jail sentence, get apprehended for fleeing said sentence, subsequently sentenced to time served as punishment for the attempted fleeing, and then not have to serve the 18 months you were originally fleeing from??

Please somebody explain this one to me.
Old 09-17-2022, 03:58 AM   #47
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

My best guess Ontario dropped the scope of the warrant from Canada wide to just Ontario wide because they didnt want the ######bag back there and so as long as he never goes back to Ontario he will never have to deal with it

Provincial warrants are the dirty little secret of the Canada justice system, they are used to 'encourage' undesirables to leave a province, even if they are arrested in another province they cannot be shipped against their will for a provincial warrant.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:39 AM   #48
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they don't want to come get him, can we round up a posse and hand deliver him?
Old 09-17-2022, 10:28 AM   #49
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
Okay this thread reminded me about Kevin Johnston. So I had to look up what has happened since his arrest trying to flee across the US border.

So as a refresher, he had been sentenced to serve jail time on weekends only, for his harassment of patrons and businesses in Calgary malls during the pandemic. He did not show up for his final weekend, as upon completion he was to be shipped to Ontario to serve an 18 month sentence for racial harassment charges from years prior when he lived there.

Instead he illegally crossed into the US at the Saskatchewan border on foot in deadly frigid temperatures, got lost, and was rescued by US border patrol units who picked him up before he froze to death.

So from there he was returned to Calgary. And released on bail to live with a friend in Edmonton while he awaited trial for the latest offence. That was the last I heard.

So apparently, on March 8th he was awarded time served for his time detained, which ammounted to 30 days. And now looking at his Instagram he’s currently gallivanting around Calgary free as a bird.

How do you flee an 18 month jail sentence, get apprehended for fleeing said sentence, subsequently sentenced to time served as punishment for the attempted fleeing, and then not have to serve the 18 months you were originally fleeing from??

Please somebody explain this one to me.
This is where things went wrong.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2022, 12:02 PM   #50
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
If they don't want to come get him, can we round up a posse and hand deliver him?
no, that's the whole point of provincial warrants, you cannot enforce them outside the province, what we do do is ban the person from claiming government assistance and various other services but that's about it and even that is difficult
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 12:06 PM   #51
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Continuing from the Alberta politics thread...

I'm going to assume most reasonable people don't actually know what an organization like Western Standard actually publishes on as regular basis, but this is an example:

Quote:
With meticulous research, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. — respected for his dedication and impeccable track record of exposing ugly truths — already challenged the media’s glowing spin and sheds light on what he calls Fauci’s “dark agenda.” Kennedy is an attorney, author of numerous books and founder of Children's Health Defense, a non-profit with a Canadian chapter, working to end childhood health epidemics. He is the son of the late Senator Robert F. Kennedy and the nephew of former President John F. Kennedy.
https://www.westernstandard.news/opi...4b5c641c0.html

Now, without knowing anything about Robert F. Kennedy Jr.(I'll go with Bob) this summary might make you think he is highly regarded. A Kennedy? Oh,well that is something! An attorney? Author of books? Founded a Children's advocacy group? Sounds like a smart indivdual, he must have valid points! And then you read the rest of this, maybe buy the book, and accept the opinion the WS has presented of Bob.

Except Bob is ####ing crazy.

Quote:
In June 2005, Kennedy wrote an article in Rolling Stone and Salon called "Deadly Immunity", alleging a government conspiracy to conceal a connection between thimerosal and the epidemic of childhood neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism.[179] The article contained five factual errors, leading Salon to issue corrections.[180] Six years later Salon retracted the article completely.[180] According to Salon, the retraction was motivated by accumulating evidence of alleged errors and scientific fraud underlying the vaccine-autism claim.[181] A corrected version of the original article can still be found on the Rolling Stone website.[179]

In May 2013, Kennedy delivered the keynote address at the anti-vaccination[182] AutismOne / Generation Rescue conference.[183][184]

In 2014, Kennedy's book, Thimerosal: Let the Science Speak: The Evidence Supporting the Immediate Removal of Mercury—a Known Neurotoxin—from Vaccines, was published. While methylmercury is a potent neurotoxin, ethylmercury, as used in vaccine preservatives, is safer.[185] The preface to the book is written by Mark Hyman, a proponent of the alternative medical treatment called functional medicine.[186] Kennedy has published many articles on the inclusion of the mercury-based preservative thimerosal in vaccines.[187][188][189][190]

In April 2015, Kennedy participated in a Speakers' Forum to promote the film Trace Amounts, which promotes the link between autism and mercury in vaccinations. At a film screening, Kennedy described the autism epidemic as a "holocaust".[191]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy_Jr.

And that's just one small piece I extracted of his crazyness.

His Children's group?
Quote:
Founded under the name World Mercury Project in 2011, it is chaired by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.[7][8] The group has been campaigning against various public health programs, such as vaccination and fluoridation of drinking water.[9] The group has been contributing to vaccine hesitancy in the United States, encouraging citizens and legislators to support anti-vaccine regulations and legislation.[10][11][12] Arguments against vaccination are contradicted by overwhelming scientific consensus about the safety and effectiveness of vaccines.[13][14][15][16]
Quote:
The chemicals and radiation that Children's Health Defense has blamed and campaigned against include vaccines, pesticides, fluoridation of drinking water, paracetamol (acetaminophen), aluminum, wireless communications, and others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childr...Health_Defense

So WS presents this as if they are an actual news organization, not only ignoring his anti-science past, and present him as a source for reliable information.

Last edited by Fuzz; 10-18-2022 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #52
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1589661750957219840

#### right off, Ezra.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 06:42 AM   #53
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The spread of COVID-19 misinformation in Canada cost at least 2,800 lives and $300 million in hospital expenses over nine months of the pandemic, according to estimates in a new report out Thursday.
Quote:
The authors suggest that misinformation contributed to vaccine hesitancy for 2.3 million Canadians. Had more people been willing to roll up their sleeves when a vaccine was first available to them, Canada could have seen roughly 200,000 fewer COVID cases and 13,000 fewer hospitalizations, the report says.

Alex Himelfarb, chair of the expert panel that wrote the report, said that its estimates are very conservative because it only examined a nine-month period of the pandemic.

"It's pretty clear that tens of thousands of hospitalizations did occur because of misinformation," Himelfarb told reporters. "We are confident that those are conservative estimates."

Himelfarb also said the $300 million estimate covers only hospital costs — the study didn't include indirect costs associated with factors such as delayed elective surgeries and lost wages.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cos...726356?cmp=rss

So now we have concrete proof organizations like Rebel and WS contributed directly to deaths and cost our society hundreds of millions of dollars. And those that did not get vaccinated did so selfishly at great cost to society. And one of those people is now our premier. Yet they are the ones who "suffered"?
Old 01-26-2023, 07:39 AM   #54
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

So now we have concrete proof organizations like Rebel and WS contributed directly to deaths and cost our society hundreds of millions of dollars. And those that did not get vaccinated did so selfishly at great cost to society. And one of those people is now our premier. Yet they are the ones who "suffered"?
To put their estimate into perspective they are saying that deaths would be 40% lower based on their misinformation modeling which is a pretty staggering number.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 07:41 AM   #55
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Here is your problem.

The target audience, IF they read a CBC article, will stop reading at this point:

Quote:
The report — released by the Council of Canadian Academies (CCA), an independent research organization that receives federal funding

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2023, 09:25 AM   #56
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This is another punch in the CBC-Smith row. Love it entirely. If Smith can be tied to obstruction of justice she can be tied to do this mess too.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:27 AM   #57
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Here is your problem.

The target audience, IF they read a CBC article, will stop reading at this point:
Of course if it was a Poilievre government, that's not a problem.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:58 AM   #58
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1706847957243363540

Not really surprising. Looking forward to seeing this full poll. Only 10% of CPC voters have no misinformation bias? Honestly that's way worse than I would have thought, particularly when you compare to the other parties. Maybe CPC voters need more CBC in their lives, not less?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2023, 09:12 AM   #59
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
snip

Not really surprising. Looking forward to seeing this full poll. Only 10% of CPC voters have no misinformation bias? Honestly that's way worse than I would have thought, particularly when you compare to the other parties. Maybe CPC voters need more CBC in their lives, not less?
I don’t think that 10% stat is valid based on that data shown in the chart. It says 10% of people who have 0 disinformation are CPC voters, not that 10% of CPC voters have 0 disinformation.

Interesting study, would want to see the methodology used.
Old 09-27-2023, 09:26 AM   #60
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

He mentions the methodology in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1707042337497428307
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: