Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2015, 02:29 PM   #1901
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
The injury rates in BaGM are annoying. Don't sim any games, or you will end up with an injury every game you sim.
When i play its usually super skimming a season usually takes a day to skim a season so all of the injury pop ups from last year were really annoying.This year its not bad just some of the injuries and time they are out are dumb three weeks for a broken finger in the middle of the playoffs is insane.
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:09 PM   #1902
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
you know what would be AWESOME.

Downloadable BeAGM files that is released after the trade deadline, which includes:
- updated roster files based on transactions from the deadline
- updated draft picks based on trades made
- updated player/prospect ratings
- Seasons progressed to deadline with accurate team standings

I typically start my beAgm after the deadline and it's the mode i play heaviest once the season comes to closer to a close. now's the time where the fans of at the very least half the teams in the league are throwing in the towel on this season and looking to build off what's there, given how the season has unfolded.

realize it's a pipe dream, but would be very useful.
The post-trade deadline roster update is rumored to be out wednesday (or this week sometime, who knows with EA).
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #1903
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
you know what would be AWESOME.

Downloadable BeAGM files that is released after the trade deadline, which includes:
- updated roster files based on transactions from the deadline
- updated draft picks based on trades made
- updated player/prospect ratings
- Seasons progressed to deadline with accurate team standings

I typically start my beAgm after the deadline and it's the mode i play heaviest once the season comes to closer to a close. now's the time where the fans of at the very least half the teams in the league are throwing in the towel on this season and looking to build off what's there, given how the season has unfolded.

realize it's a pipe dream, but would be very useful.
I think you could find a way to do it. It'd be a weird niche mode, but it'd be cool if you could play a season in real time. Obviously scores would be different, but it could lay out the entire season and only let you play one game per day. Hot/cold streaks, injuries etc. could be applied to players based on real stats, and trades would be kept up to date. It'd be far more work than they're willing to put into it, but it's fun to have dreams.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #1904
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I think you could find a way to do it. It'd be a weird niche mode, but it'd be cool if you could play a season in real time. Obviously scores would be different, but it could lay out the entire season and only let you play one game per day. Hot/cold streaks, injuries etc. could be applied to players based on real stats, and trades would be kept up to date. It'd be far more work than they're willing to put into it, but it's fun to have dreams.
That would be pretty fun. I try to do that with my first GM mode of the year. Play each game on the flames game day but it gets too tedious.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #1905
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

HUT Community TOTY voting now!

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10309477.page

*ineligible players (with at least 1 TOTW card)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...pli=1&sle=true

Roster guide:

ROSTER:

FORWARD:
• Forward Line 1: Best offensive performers (NHL players)
• Forward Line 2: Best offensive performers (NHL players)
• Forward Line 3: Best defensive performers (NHL players)
• Forward Line 4: Best performers, offensive or defensive (Non-NHL players)

DEFENSE
• Defense Line 1: Best Offensive performers (NHL players)
• Defense Line 2: Best defensive performers (NHL players)
• Defense Line 2: Best performers, offensive or defensive (Non-NHL players)

GOAL:
• Goalie 1: NHL player only
• Goalie 2: Non-NHL player only

My entry:

FORWARD:
• Forward Line 1: Max Pacioretti - Joe Pavelski - Gustav Nyquist
• Forward Line 2: Johnny Gaudreau (or Andrej Palat) - Valterri Flippula - Michael Grabner
• Forward Line 3: John Scott - Darren Helm - Brett Burns
• Forward Line 4: Emile Poirier - Sam Bennet - Hunter Smith

DEFENSE
• Defense Line 1: John Klingberg - Dennis Wideman
• Defense Line 2: Trevor Daley - Jay Boumeester
• Defense Line 2: Keegan Kanzig - Tyler Wotherspoon

GOAL:
• Goalie 1: Jonas Hiller
• Goalie 2: Jason Missianen

Last edited by northcrunk; 03-04-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:21 PM   #1906
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It's getting close to TOTY time. I suggest selling some of your high value cards because a lot of them are going to drop in price quick.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #1907
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
It's getting close to TOTY time. I suggest selling some of your high value cards because a lot of them are going to drop in price quick.
It's my first year playing HUT after 3 years of FUT.
I'm familiar with the price drop in FUT but what can I expect from HUT?

My high value players are Price, Suter, Doughty, Tavares and POTG Giordano.
Should I expect a 50% drop?
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:40 AM   #1908
J79
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

3 Flames in the new TOTW!

Hudler 89
http://www.huthead.com/15/players/4951-jiri-hudler

Wideman 88
http://www.huthead.com/15/players/4940-dennis-wideman

Russell 88
http://www.huthead.com/15/players/4955-kris-russell

Last edited by J79; 03-12-2015 at 11:22 AM.
J79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #1909
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Am I the only one that comes into this thread and immediately drowns in unfamiliar abbreviations?
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #1910
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'd love to sell some high value cards. Too bad I haven't pulled any. Unless Landeskog is considered "high value".
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:49 AM   #1911
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Also I thought I saw Monahan TOTW too when I logged in last night. That would be a beauty card to have.

I would expect maybe a 50% drop in card prices with TOTY. I logged into 14 last night and seems malkin/crosby have dropped about 50% since last season with other cards dropping 80%.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:51 AM   #1912
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Am I the only one that comes into this thread and immediately drowns in unfamiliar abbreviations?
TOTW - Team of the Week
TOTY - Team of the Year
POTG - Player of the Game
The Following User Says Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2015, 12:21 PM   #1913
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also I thought I saw Monahan TOTW too when I logged in last night. That would be a beauty card to have.

I would expect maybe a 50% drop in card prices with TOTY. I logged into 14 last night and seems malkin/crosby have dropped about 50% since last season with other cards dropping 80%.
what do you mean price drops? do you mean people are auctioning such cards cheaper? or is there a means to buy specific cards somehow??
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 01:11 PM   #1914
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
what do you mean price drops? do you mean people are auctioning such cards cheaper? or is there a means to buy specific cards somehow??
They will be releasing the Team of the Year cards soon (3 full teams I believe, 1 community voted, 1 developer voted, 1 other) which will have the highest rated cards of the players who make the team.

The coins you will get for say a doughty will be reduced if he makes TOTY and gets another boosted card so his base card (gold version) will drop in value. Right now he sells for about 100,000 but after his TOTY card drops he may only be worth 60,000 coins.

I wish there was a way to buy specific cards but without hitting up the black market for coins there isn't.

I've been selling most of my cards worth 20,000 or more to try and complete the last couple collections when TOTY drops. Hopefully Toews and Kane drop a lot as Toews is about 300-500k and kane is 200k right now.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:06 AM   #1915
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Looking to sell a POTG Lemeux on xbox one. Around 450k, taking offers too.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #1916
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

This game stinks, I finally got rid of it. EB Games is giving $25 trade credit, boosted to about $37 with some promotion they're doing. I'm okay with that, considering I bought it on sale at Costco for $39.99.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #1917
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Played a season of Be a GM last night. What a joke that has become. I turned assistant coach edits line off, and after I got my first injury I went to edit my lines and lo and behold, all my lines are f'd up. I could get past that, I just went with best lines after every injury. You can't play the All-Star game anymore? BS. Trade Deadline? Lol. The draft was fine, I like how they did that. But Free Agency absolutely blows. It takes like half an hour to tender all your RFA's because the contract list jumbles itself up every time you make an offer. I can't believe I bought this game, there is no way I'm buying next years.
iLoveLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #1918
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I think I'm done with the franchise for a few years. I've been finding the games more frustrating than fun in the past 2 years. Hopefully they figure out eventually.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #1919
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm willing to see how NHL 16 plays out as this was the first year on next gen. If it's the same old garbage I wont be buying 16.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #1920
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm willing to see how NHL 16 plays out as this was the first year on next gen. If it's the same old garbage I wont be buying 16.
my take also.

Madden and fifa both seemed much better the second go round, though NBA still managed to disappoint by all accounts.

On that note, i've stopped playing NHL for a while. NBA 15 came into the ea access vault so i downloaded it a few weeks back. i haven't played an NBA video game since high school (ie. 15 years ago) and, even with all its shortcomings, have been enjoying it, enough to not go back to NHL.

Am really hoping EA steps up their game for NHL 16. There is just so much crappy about 15, i don't know if they have enough cycles to get this thing right. The gameplay is disappointing, the game modes are lacking, be a gm mode feels very superficial and lacking much detail, the menus and UX as a whole are lacking.

I have a feeling NHL16 enhancements will be considered table stakes for what most would have assumed existed in 15. As a result, even if the game rounds out and feels "finished" it will still be received negatively, with this whole notion of 2 years, 2 pricetags, just to get to feature parity with old gen NHL games.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chel , ea nhl , ea sports , next gen , nhl