Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2023, 04:58 PM   #81
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Honest question.....what choice do they have?

I mean, watch the videos of all those rockets that were launched last night.

Its clear they are coming from heavily populated areas.

When answering an attack, they need to neutralize the weaponry that is killing their citizens.....Hamas hides all that among the population.

So as gross as it is going to be as far as the human toll goes, there very little else Israel can do at this point.

I don't know...Israel has every right to stop the killing of their people and it has to start with wiping out where the threat is coming from....no?
Look at the Jenin incursion.

Israel does not have the right to kill innocent people, nor do they have the right to incur however many civilian deaths they deem fit. They have a responsibility as the occupier to protect civilians even in extreme circumstances, even in acts of war.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:04 PM   #82
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
I actually can't believe there are people doing the both sides many sides thing on this forum for this situation.

Literally everything that happened in the past no longer matters as of today.

The videos are vile. They show no remorse. Worse, they show malicious intent and celebration. I just watched a kidnapped 6 year old Israeli boy crying for his mother while getting hit and beaten by Palestinians. He's probably dead by now.

If that was my country, I would expect a disproportionate response from the government to avenge my countrymen.
No matter how many citizens they kill Israel will always have people willing to defend all the atrocities they commit. Yes it is pretty disgusting but not unexpected.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:10 PM   #83
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
No matter how many citizens they kill Israel will always have people willing to defend all the atrocities they commit. Yes it is pretty disgusting but not unexpected.
Ya Israel mutualizes citizens, parades them around in the streets, and abducts women, children elderly. Innocent Women are being raped in Gaza currently, does the IDF do this? One could only imagine what these animals would do with an actual state. Oh wait we can, look at syria. Scum of the earth society. The only country in the region with any sense of decency is Israel.

One side has morals, the others does not. Clear as day to see

Last edited by Beninho; 10-07-2023 at 05:14 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:14 PM   #84
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
I actually can't believe there are people doing the both sides many sides thing on this forum for this situation.

Literally everything that happened in the past no longer matters as of today.

The videos are vile. They show no remorse. Worse, they show malicious intent and celebration. I just watched a kidnapped 6 year old Israeli boy crying for his mother while getting hit and beaten by Palestinians. He's probably dead by now.

If that was my country, I would expect a disproportionate response from the government to avenge my countrymen.
Because they're not.

Its far, far more nuanced than that. And no...'the past no longer matters as of today?'

Are you serious? These are literally 'Age Old Enemies.' They are each others' Nemesis. They have been at each other's throats for millennia!

Its not 'both sides many sides' you can distinguish an antagonist in any particular situation but that doesnt make the other party your defacto protagonist.

Frankly, this situation between them is so old and complex I dont even know what to think other than: "Stop killing each other."

Israelis and Palestinians hating each other is a tale as old as time...of course 'the past' matters.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:15 PM   #85
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Israel does not have the right to kill innocent people, nor do they have the right to incur however many civilian deaths they deem fit. They have a responsibility as the occupier to protect civilians even in extreme circumstances, even in acts of war.
Quote:
All you're trying to do is deflect the conversation. It's more important for you to justify the atrocities that just happened. I wish you two were there and got to experience the events as they happened first hand.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:17 PM   #86
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Can someone explain to me how restricting water and dehousing people isn't targeting civilians?
Do Hamas try to restrict water to Israeli civilians and dehouse them? Or do they try to kill them dead?
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:19 PM   #87
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Ya Israel mutualizes citizens, parades them around in the streets, and abducts women, children elderly. Innocent Women are being raped in Gaza currently, does the IDF do this? One could only imagine what these animals would do with an actual state. Oh wait we can, look at syria. Scum of the earth society. The only country in the region with any sense of decency is Israel.

One side has morals, the others does not. Clear as day to see
I wouldn’t say Hamas or Hezbollah have morals but we know for sure the Israelis do not.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:20 PM   #88
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
All you're trying to do is deflect the conversation. It's more important for you to justify the atrocities that just happened. I wish you two were there and got to experience the events as they happened first hand.
Cool? I wish you were there, too?

It’s not to justify anything Get over yourself.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:20 PM   #89
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I’m not deflecting anything what Hamas did was disgusting. Criticizing one side doesn’t give the other side a pass, it’s only the Pro-Israel side that wants to ignore what is happening.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:21 PM   #90
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I wouldn’t say Hamas or Hezbollah have morals but we know for sure the Israelis do not.
Ah ya, lets talk about the Palestinians. A society that permits rape, child soldiers, human shields, no women rights, and indoctrination to kill jews from the moment they are born have morals? Should we talk about the rampant sex slave trade in the arab world? Shall I go on. What an idiotic statement

Last edited by Beninho; 10-07-2023 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:24 PM   #91
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

But they’re not the terrorists. And they don’t target civilians, so they’re good to just keep doing what they’re doing until Palestinians are wiped out (which is likely now what’s going to happen).

Are you that intellectually challenged that you can’t engage with what people actually say? Why do you resort again and again and again to take jeering shots at absurd strawmen of your own invention?
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:26 PM   #92
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I still have an Israeli passport, please tell me about my morals.

If Israelis didn't care about civilians they would've eradicated Hamas a long time ago. Israel doesn't want a war. That's why Israel gave up territories they conquered for peace treaties with Egypt, and Jordan. Seems like it would require morals to sign those, and hold yourself accountable to them as well.

All people in Israel want is long term peace and quiet. That said, now people think that there needs to be an overwhelming response so that the quiet will last for more than a couple of weeks/months.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:27 PM   #93
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Ah ya, lets talk about the Palestinians. A society that permits rape, child soldiers, human shields, no women rights, and indoctrination to kill jews from the moment they are born have morals? Should we talk about the rampant sex slave trade in the arab world? Shall I go on. What an idiotic statement
Do whatever you like since you seem to only read what you want not what was said.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:28 PM   #94
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:

Cool.

Now, care to answer the question?

Literally thousands of rockets have been targeted at your civilians, hundreds dead and thousands injured.

You know where they were launched from and where they will be launched from again.

You are responsible for the safety of those still there....what do you do to make sure that happens?
Old 10-07-2023, 05:28 PM   #95
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I still have an Israeli passport, please tell me about my morals.

If Israelis didn't care about civilians they would've eradicated Hamas a long time ago. Israel doesn't want a war. That's why Israel gave up territories they conquered for peace treaties with Egypt, and Jordan. Seems like it would require morals to sign those, and hold yourself accountable to them as well.

All people in Israel want is long term peace and quiet. That said, now people think that there needs to be an overwhelming response so that the quiet will last for more than a couple of weeks/months.
LOL only want peace?

Come on. I know you have a connection to the country obviously but you can’t be this naive.

Edit: I know you are not this naive because you have talked about the problems earlier in the thread.

Last edited by Spurs; 10-07-2023 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:30 PM   #96
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Israel has coexisted just fine with Egypt and Jordan. That's why I had hope for a peaceful solution for the longest time. It doesn't seem possible now because both sides are set on making it into an existential war.
Coexisted just fine with Egypt? What is your timeframe for believing that? This attack occurred just 50 years after the Yom Kippur war which was Israel vs the Arab world led by Egypt. Israel lost the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt in that war. Sure they have a peace accord now but that is a fairly new occurrence in history.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:30 PM   #97
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Do whatever you like since you seem to only read what you want not what was said.
You are so dense, i read exactly what you wrote. Israelis have no morals and are equal to hamas in your eyes. Nothing else to see here, go cheer for your loser soccer team.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:32 PM   #98
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You are so dense, i read exactly what you wrote. Israelis have no morals and are equal to hamas in your eyes. Nothing else to see here, go cheer for your loser soccer team.
Actually no you didn’t read what I wrote based in your response but laughable that you go to supposed soccer smack because you can’t read.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:34 PM   #99
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Actually no you didn’t read what I wrote based in your response but laughable that you go to supposed soccer smack because you can’t read.
Israel could kill 10’s of thousands of Palestinians a day but they don’t. If the roles were reversed what would happen? Ya, the morals of both sides are equal here tho in your eyes. I’ll see you back in here in two weeks when Gaza is ruble complaining about Israeli actions after Hamas un provoked decided to start this war.
Old 10-07-2023, 05:35 PM   #100
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Took till page 2 for this to show up.

What did the people of Palestine think would happen? What do people think Israel should do here?

Whoever posted it earlier is 100% correct. If you believe in an independent Palestine as a state, then this is state action, and therefore Israel is justified to take ruthless action against Palestine the state and its governing bodies that support and sanction these actions.

Will be a sad time coming up watching this unfold.
Unfortunately the people of Palestine, who will suffer most, had no choice. Hamas rules over them with an iron fist.

I bet the vast majority of citizens of Gaza and the West Bank are fed up with Hamas and no doubt are scared to death about what's going to happen next. The Israelis too.

Hamas, which of course has no regard for Jewish/Israeli lives, could care less about Palestinian lives as well. They are scum.

Last edited by Manhattanboy; 10-07-2023 at 05:40 PM.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post: