Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #341
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
The stylish jeans with dress shirt and suit jacket trend is horrendous. It looks like two different people on top and bottom.
A Calgary special.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:12 PM   #342
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
The stylish jeans with dress shirt and suit jacket trend is horrendous. It looks like two different people on top and bottom.
The Jeremy Clarkson look
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 05:17 PM   #343
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Their shirts are like that for sure but I've gotten some decent pants and sweaters from there
Interesting if true.

You're probably right. I've only purchased tops and socks from there.

Though actually on that note: I really like their multi-pack of white or black t-shirts. Fantastic for the money and good if you're long-bodied. A little thick to make a good undershirt, but ideal t-shirts for lounging around.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:34 PM   #344
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
A Calgary special.
No, not really.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:38 PM   #345
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Well...this thread has killed my wallet. Picked up a new of Flat Heads at the "shop". The guy who runs it was awesome. Thanks for the recommendation Peter12.

Now all I need is a stylish dress shirt and jacket to go with them...
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #346
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the cardigan earlier recommendations, but some of those fits in the picture look exactly like the issue I'm dealing with.

I think I need to find a cardigan that fits somewhat similarly to a proper fitting dress shirt. The issues I am running into are similar issues to ill fitting dress shirts (ie: Too baggy/tight, sleeves too long/short, shoulder fit a complete mess etc.).

Random thought: Due to the size differences between Asia and North America, I wonder if I were to look into cardigans in Asia, whether many of them would fit much better on me.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:16 PM   #347
DionTheDman
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Keep suit jackets with the rest of the suit. A suit jacket is not the same as a blazer.
DionTheDman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DionTheDman For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 10:39 PM   #348
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
False.
??
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:34 AM   #349
tripin_billie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've been trying to post this for a couple of days but don't seem to be able to get the YouTube function correct. Hopefully this works:

Edit: lower quality video but it goes right to the part I wanted.

Last edited by tripin_billie; 08-29-2019 at 07:50 AM.
tripin_billie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tripin_billie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #350
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
??
I know guys who do power lifting who can still find well fitted jeans. The "oh I do this so I can't have well fitted jeans" is fake news!!

Mind you I guess you might not find them at Costco and thus have to pay more, and if you are like me I don't like paying a lot for clothing so I see your pain.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:40 AM   #351
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripin_billie View Post
I've been trying to post this for a couple of days but don't seem to be able to get the YouTube function correct. Hopefully this works
Copy just the bit after the “v=“

For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-vhfYlB2M&=t74

Edit got it. The “&=t74” was causing problems. Not sure what that is, timestamp?

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 08-29-2019 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Eliminated YouTube window overload...
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 07:41 AM   #352
tripin_billie
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Can't seem to get the youtube tags to work correctly. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ-vhfYlB2M&t=74

Edit: even trying Scroopy's way, can't get it to go. It's especially frustrating because I formated the URL to have the correct start time which is 1:14 in.

Edit again: Yeah, it was the timestamp giving it problems. Alas.

Last edited by tripin_billie; 08-29-2019 at 07:46 AM.
tripin_billie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tripin_billie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 07:59 AM   #353
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know guys who do power lifting who can still find well fitted jeans. The "oh I do this so I can't have well fitted jeans" is fake news!!

Mind you I guess you might not find them at Costco and thus have to pay more, and if you are like me I don't like paying a lot for clothing so I see your pain.
Skinny jeans are not the same as well fitted jeans.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:00 AM   #354
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
False.
Quote:

Did he not specifically say “skinny jeans”? Which were a huge trend and therefore everywhere. I couldn’t fit into 80% of the styles I found either.

“Well fitted” isn’t the same thing.

Thanks for being helpful though with links and stuff......
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:03 AM   #355
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I suppose that it true. I don't hear anyone refer to jeans as skinny jeans anymore so I assumed he meant fitted.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:11 AM   #356
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
+1. There's a world of difference between skinny jeans and slim fit jeans. Skinny jeans are a niche item that hardly ever look good and will become useless the second you start putting on those fall/winter pounds.

On that note, to anyone who still buys their jeans on sale for $20 at Old Navy or H&M, for god's sake cut that out. Save up some money and buy a quality, well-fitted dark wash denim and I promise you won't be sorry. You only need ONE pair, you can wear them with virtually anything, and they will probably last you the rest of your natural life.

I bought a pair of Adriano Goldschmied jeans when I was in Prague a couple of years ago for €190 and never looked back. I believe Harry Rosen carries them.

Last edited by mrdonkey; 08-29-2019 at 08:17 AM.
mrdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #357
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
+1. There's a world of difference between skinny jeans and slim fit jeans. Skinny jeans are a niche item that hardly ever look good and will become useless the second you start putting on those fall/winter pounds.

On that note, to anyone who still buys their jeans on sale for $20 at Old Navy or H&M, for god's sake cut that out. Save up some money and buy a quality, well-fitted dark wash denim and I promise you won't be sorry. You only need ONE pair, you can wear them with virtually anything, and they will probably last you the rest of your natural life.

I bought a pair of Adriano Goldschmied jeans when I was in Prague a couple of years ago for €190 and never looked back. I believe Harry Rosen carries them.
Max lifespan on even the best denim for me is about 3 years. I've bought very thick high quality unwashed denim. They will wear out eventually to the point they are unrepairable.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #358
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I blew out the crotch of my favorite black jeans, but don't have time to get them repair before going away for a few months, so I cheaped out and bought a pair of Frank and Oak stretch jeans.
They're super comfortable, but I can feel from the material that they're probably not going to last for more than a year at the most.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:41 AM   #359
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Max lifespan on even the best denim for me is about 3 years. I've bought very thick high quality unwashed denim. They will wear out eventually to the point they are unrepairable.
I assume this is because of your habit of not washing them for the first while, but you must be just thrashing your jeans. I’ve got a pair of Nudies running on 5 years with 3 repairs and they could probably go another few for sure. And Nudies aren’t exceptionally high quality.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:00 AM   #360
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is anyone else reading this thread wondering why so many grown men are wearing jeans so often? I'm not trying to judge by saying that, but I have worn jeans maybe 4 or 5 times since I hit my late 30's.

If I'm out somewhere, it's khakis (variety of neutral colors including navy or dark brown) or nice shorts (essential Florida wear), the occasional corduroy, and dress pants for nicer events. Shirts are anything from polos to oxford button downs to full dress shirts. NEVER t-shirts in public. Shoes are anything from boat shoes or loafers to quality dress shoes. Never running shoes or anything like Vans. Nice sandals only on the really hot days.

If I need something extremely casual or active, it's usually t-shirts and athletic wear with running shoes, but that's only for doing something active or bumming around the house.

It might sound snobbish or uppity, but it's not meant to be. I just don't feel comfortable in jeans anymore, even if they're nice jeans. I guess I just feel like I want to dress my age and not worry about looking overly stylish or trendy. Am I alone in this?
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote