Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2015, 02:03 PM   #1361
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

So someone decided to solo Atheon...

Seriously I can't even
Old 03-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #1362
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
Hilarious video edited and shared by our buddy Psycho (no, not me) showing just how important Diem is to our HM raid team

This is pretty much the best thing ever.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #1363
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
Hilarious video edited and shared by our buddy Psycho (no, not me) showing just how important Diem is to our HM raid team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
This is pretty much the best thing ever.

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:10 AM   #1364
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any thoughts on the Helm of Inmost Light for the Titan?

Had one drop for me last night doing the daily story....Now I might be forced to make a titan.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:07 AM   #1365
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
Any thoughts on the Helm of Inmost Light for the Titan?

Had one drop for me last night doing the daily story....Now I might be forced to make a titan.
Best helmet for Striker class. Basically opens up a build slot since Death from Above is an automatic perk. So basically you get to be Superman lol.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #1366
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

I am trying to play a Hunter now. I am sincerely disappointed I use a knife and don't punch things. I'm all about punching things. More so than ever with my Saint-14. Bubble up a spawn point and punch things. All while chanting my Squad TD Skeletor Mantra.

"Fist! Fist! Fist! Fist!"

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #1367
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I am trying to play a Hunter now. I am sincerely disappointed I use a knife and don't punch things. I'm all about punching things. More so than ever with my Saint-14. Bubble up a spawn point and punch things. All while chanting my Squad TD Skeletor Mantra.

You followed the same path as I did, young padwan. Started with a Titan (and even got my Saint-14 really early on). Then made a hunter next. It takes a while to appreciate the hunter. Knifing seems stupid at first. But oh man, when you do land it and things start burning, it's pretty satisfying.

Also going invisible is the best thing ever for the Abyss and for sword bearing at crota. With Atheon...I dunno. Triple jump is nice for the jump puzzle lol.

All in all still my least favourite class though heh.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #1368
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Once you unlock knife juggler, suddenly knives become a hell of a lot of fun.
Endless stream of throwing knives if you can get a head shot!
Also, make sure you're using chain of woe, gunslinger's trance and combustion.
Gunslinger is, in my opinion, the most fun out of all the sub classes (hunter, warlock, titan).

Last edited by Mass_nerder; 03-17-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:55 AM   #1369
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Got my Crux last night. Just need to level up my Eidolon Ally now. All that's left on my wishlist is a Hard Light, which really I'm not that hard for
Old 03-19-2015, 10:01 AM   #1370
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Got Gjallerhorn in CE last night. Finally I feel as though I fit in!

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaster86 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #1371
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have the crux, but now I need to actually level up my eris rank.
I finally completed my crota raid weapons collection last night with the song of ir yut.
Now if I could just get Gjallarhorn, I would be happy.
My third character should hit 32 by next week, so soon I'll be running 6 raids, giving 6 exotic chances per character.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #1372
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

And with Xur selling Hard Light, I officially win at Destiny! Got all the exotics, and last night was able to down Crota with the sword on hard. Even got a 2nd crux out of the deal lol.

The only question is...what now?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #1373
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Buy an X Box. Carry me to the same place. Win rewards down the line.

Eh. Ehhhhhh!?

I lucked into a Crota HM run last night. Got everything but Ir Yut (everyone else in the group decided to use someone else's check point and bypass her). Got the Oversouls Edict and Abyss Defiant for primary to finally move my weapons beyond the VoG epics. Also got the raid helm to go along with my Saint-14 and Glasshouse.

This, along with the Gjally has me pretty happy about this week. Now if only I had shards and energy...

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver

Last edited by Blaster86; 03-20-2015 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:24 PM   #1374
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Buy an X Box. Carry me to the same place. Win rewards down the line.

Eh. Ehhhhhh!?

I lucked into a Crota HM run last night. Got everything but Ir Yut (everyone else in the group decided to use someone else's check point and bypass her). Got the Oversouls Edict and Abyss Defiant for primary to finally move my weapons beyond the VoG epics. Also got the raid helm to go along with my Saint-14 and Glasshouse.

This, along with the Gjally has me pretty happy about this week. Now if only I had shards and energy...
I'll do it if you buy me an xbox!

Ir Yut used to cause us fits. But once you get the groove, it's pretty easy. What we do is once you take down the shriekers, everyone gathers the right side (facing Crota). Left side is littered with adds. We clear the room on the right of a few of the knights, and then just snipe/rocket her from that room. There is pretty much no need to run into the crystal room unless Ir Yut is directly behind the crystal. But 90% of the time she's visible from that room.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:29 PM   #1375
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
Ir Yut used to cause us fits. But once you get the groove, it's pretty easy. What we do is once you take down the shriekers, everyone gathers the right side (facing Crota). Left side is littered with adds. We clear the room on the right of a few of the knights, and then just snipe/rocket her from that room. There is pretty much no need to run into the crystal room unless Ir Yut is directly behind the crystal. But 90% of the time she's visible from that room.
The Darkness and Ir Yut seem to be the hardest encounters in there.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 03-24-2015, 12:29 PM   #1376
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Alright - total newbie here, but I just bought Destiny and had no idea it was so multiplayer. I played over the weekend with a friend of mine, and his clan, but they are all level 30+ and I had no idea what was going on. I somehow managed to level up to level 8 with them, but I pretty much did nothing to get there.

I guess the question is: should I keep playing missions with his clan or should I play for a bit on my own and learn the game? I was reading through the last few pages of this thread and pretty much have no idea what's going on, but I'm sure if I keep playing I will pick things up pretty quick.

Maybe there are some CP members here in the same boat as me? We could play up through the levels as a group before jumping into a 20+ level clan?
Old 03-24-2015, 02:00 PM   #1377
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
Alright - total newbie here, but I just bought Destiny and had no idea it was so multiplayer. I played over the weekend with a friend of mine, and his clan, but they are all level 30+ and I had no idea what was going on. I somehow managed to level up to level 8 with them, but I pretty much did nothing to get there.

I guess the question is: should I keep playing missions with his clan or should I play for a bit on my own and learn the game? I was reading through the last few pages of this thread and pretty much have no idea what's going on, but I'm sure if I keep playing I will pick things up pretty quick.

Maybe there are some CP members here in the same boat as me? We could play up through the levels as a group before jumping into a 20+ level clan?
My buddy and I are carrying a friend through the story. We're both 32, and he is I think 11 now. We are more or less power leveling him by doing the missions on heroic... if they are willing to carry you through the story, I say go with it. If you want to do things on your own to try and figure it out that works too. You'll learn the game either way.

One thing I like about this game is that you can go solo, and if you need some help you can bring in other people.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2015, 08:30 AM   #1378
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Someone on Reddit started this:
http://destinyclanwars.com/

My clan is in. If one person from your clan signs up, it signs up your whole clan. Right now it's a control-based event, but this will include PvE events as well. Details are here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa..._destiny_clan/
Old 03-25-2015, 09:56 AM   #1379
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
You followed the same path as I did, young padwan. Started with a Titan (and even got my Saint-14 really early on). Then made a hunter next. It takes a while to appreciate the hunter. Knifing seems stupid at first. But oh man, when you do land it and things start burning, it's pretty satisfying.

Also going invisible is the best thing ever for the Abyss and for sword bearing at crota. With Atheon...I dunno. Triple jump is nice for the jump puzzle lol.

All in all still my least favourite class though heh.
Knife Juggler + Headshots = Endless throwing knives of doom!
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #1380
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hit 30 last night on my Hunter.

Also picked up the thorn quest - should be a good excuse to hide in a corner with a void damage fusion rifle.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote