Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2022, 02:51 PM   #2681
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Anybody watching Severance on Apple TV? We're 3 episodes in and it's a great blend of social commentary, philosophy, and mystery. The cast is great in it too with Adam Scott, John Turturro, Patricia Arquette, Christopher Walken etc.
I'm watching but it's a half attention show for me, it's so slow. So little actual plot has happened and the season is almost done. Unless the last 2 episodes are fantastic I don't think I'll return for S2
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:37 AM   #2682
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Got thru all of Succession.
Snip
I 'got thru' it also
This is the most apt description of Succession yet.
To defeat it (watch to the end) is a long and exhausting chore, requiring great perseverance. The reward is great tv moments, mixed in sparingly.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:14 PM   #2683
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the first episode of Moon Knight was pretty cool.

A nice mixture of cool, hilarious and also very sad.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 06:20 PM   #2684
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

This looks solid. Filmed in and around Calgary (Alberta Parks sign at 1:05)
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2022, 04:13 PM   #2685
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Moon Knight seems like a fun ride. Don’t know much about the character and I think I’ll steer clear of the nerdy recaps on this one to keep myself in suspense.
Old 04-01-2022, 08:09 AM   #2686
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I thoroughly enjoyed Moon Knight's first episode. Oscar Isaac is brilliant.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:12 AM   #2687
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Well that's concerning. LOST was a train wreck.
*plane wreck
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2022, 08:22 AM   #2688
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Julia Child series on HBO is pretty good, starts with the publishing of her book and into getting her PBS series started.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:05 AM   #2689
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Halo seems to be trundling on well.

A bit of a 'World Building' episode but overall still pretty good.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-01-2022, 02:23 PM   #2690
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do I need paramount plus to watch Halo?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:03 PM   #2691
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I'm watching but it's a half attention show for me, it's so slow. So little actual plot has happened and the season is almost done. Unless the last 2 episodes are fantastic I don't think I'll return for S2
It was a slow burn to start but the last episode kicks it into high gear. I can't wait for the finale.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:35 PM   #2692
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well that's concerning. LOST was a train wreck.
I would still put S1 up against just about anything. Just awesome television- and at that point it didn’t matter that they were building up all these unsolved mysteries as you just assumed they would resolve them. And overall I have good feelings about the entire show in general, but it is the prime example of a show with no game plan.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2022, 08:48 PM   #2693
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Severance is turning into
Spoiler!
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:12 AM   #2694
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I would still put S1 up against just about anything. Just awesome television- and at that point it didn’t matter that they were building up all these unsolved mysteries as you just assumed they would resolve them. And overall I have good feelings about the entire show in general, but it is the prime example of a show with no game plan.
Lost was great for randomly killing Michelle Rodriguez. I hate her. I will never watch a movie with her in it.

I never finished Lost though. Stopped 2 episodes before the last season. Had it on my pvr for years and downloaded and just ended up deleting both.
Old 04-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #2695
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

From my memory Lost is kind of like game of thrones. Season 1 great, season 2 didn't blow all of the momentum built up, then everything slowly became more and more and more of a let down from there, until you got to the second last season realized the show just wasn't really good anymore, and the last season outright sucked.

Finding an ending is the hardest thing, especially when you don't start with something in mind.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 11:20 AM   #2696
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

In hindsight, Lost is a mess.

But in the moment watching season 1 in real time was pretty fun.

Absolutley love Severance - the slow burn does not bother me at all.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 02:26 PM   #2697
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lost S1 was probably one of the best seasons of network TV that I watched - There's been better series, but as one season, it was pretty great.

the sad thing it that with Network TV, they just spin out seasons for as long as possible...If Lost was on cable, it would have been so much tighter - its crazy to think of 22-24 episode seasons nowadays.

Sidenote - Moonknight was fun...really enjoyed it.
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 02:35 PM   #2698
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolcalgary View Post
Lost S1 was probably one of the best seasons of network TV that I watched - There's been better series, but as one season, it was pretty great.

the sad thing it that with Network TV, they just spin out seasons for as long as possible...If Lost was on cable, it would have been so much tighter - its crazy to think of 22-24 episode seasons nowadays.

Sidenote - Moonknight was fun...really enjoyed it.
Lost is like one of those TV shows that goes down in History as the one that most resembles the Simpsons' 'ENRON Ride.'

S1 was really good but then they just tried to keep the juice flowing and it turned into something akin to an insane soap opera where they hauled out every insane trick in the book to try and keep the show going.

They were treading on the goodwill of Season 1 and when that ran out it was as though people were either 'Hate-watching' or were just so sunk into the show that they were going to finish it out of spite.

In the same vein of a Train-Wreck it was interesting to watch as it gradually spiraled out of control.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:12 PM   #2699
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Lost is like one of those TV shows that goes down in History as the one that most resembles the Simpsons' 'ENRON Ride.'

S1 was really good but then they just tried to keep the juice flowing and it turned into something akin to an insane soap opera where they hauled out every insane trick in the book to try and keep the show going.

They were treading on the goodwill of Season 1 and when that ran out it was as though people were either 'Hate-watching' or were just so sunk into the show that they were going to finish it out of spite.

In the same vein of a Train-Wreck it was interesting to watch as it gradually spiraled out of control.
There were still amazing single episodes throughout the rest of the run, and I still enjoyed Season 2, though the "button pushing" was a bit of a let down answer for the Hatch.

scattered throughout the remaining seasons. there were amazing episodes, the Constant, Through the Looking Glass, "316", but it did feel like a lot of filler like you are saying...

you are right though, I had invested so much in the show, that I watched until the bitter end, hoping for something great... in the end, I don't even really remember much past the first few seasons, outside of a number of standout episodes.

That said, it was a triumph in casting - It was a show that I really loved all the characters and their stories...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #2700
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

My memory might be off on this, but Lost felt like one of the first "office water cooler" shows. Maybe the wrong reference, but it was airing when the internet was really startigng to boom and online discussions from week-to-week had people picking the episodes apart for clues and theories. It was a lot of fun to watch while the first couple season aired.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post: