Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-15-2021, 08:58 AM   #21
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does Effass have the most punchable face in Cdn politics today??

Well him and this guy. Punch away.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:02 AM   #22
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's just depressing how effective the Farkas brand of politics is when it comes to gaining support. It will be a sad day for the city if this clown is elected mayor. Thankfully our mayors don't really have a ton of actual power.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 09:19 AM   #23
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The mayoral race is one thing, I just want to know who I should be voting for in Ward 7 if I'm generally anti-Farkas... Is Terry Wong the guy? Or Erin Waite? She seems to be all about the green line which is weird because while I support the thing it's not going anywhere near me.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:26 AM   #24
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The mayoral race is one thing, I just want to know who I should be voting for in Ward 7 if I'm generally anti-Farkas... Is Terry Wong the guy? Or Erin Waite? She seems to be all about the green line which is weird because while I support the thing it's not going anywhere near me.
I voted for Terry Wong in advanced polls. He's the only one that took any effort to try to gauge his constituents opinions in a survey. Also one of the group that had clear policy stances on his website.

There were some nut job candidates tho running on anti-vaxxer and "take back city hall" rhetoric in the ward.

Link below has summary of each candidates positions as well as their websites in one place.
https://www.sprawlalberta.com/candid...-election-2021
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 09:28 AM   #25
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Man I hate politician photos sometimes. The one above has Kenney look like he's having an orgasm while stoned, and Farkas laying a cable.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:37 AM   #26
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Go with Erin, Ward 7 does include neighbourhoods that will ultimately see the north part of the Green Line. Terry is the wrong choice for Ward 7, he's about as anti-development and densification as they come. This is a ward that has a massive amount of development permits and work come through its office and it needs a councillor that can foster it appropriately.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 09:49 AM   #27
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

The more I read about this Farkas guy, the less I like him!
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 10:10 AM   #28
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
In all seriousness, we should celebrate Fuzz for creating this new and completely necessary thread. Some might say it's purpose is simply to placate the like four strugglers who could put the effort into complaining there wasn't a thread for the election but couldn't take literally the exact same amount of effort and use it to create the thread they wanted. I wouldn't say that. But someone might.

Fuzz: Hand-holder of the simpletons, thread creator for the people
I think CP got the thread creator it deserves here. Officious about the title, yet still a megathread and not a "GT: Calgary Civic Election 2021"

So now the complaints will continue when this becomes a megathread completely divorced from the current election and we're all debating Sliver's excellent plan of adding water slides to Nose Hill Park in the summer of 2023.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 10:30 AM   #29
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

A new mega thread? Lame. We already have a municipal politics mega thread. Why would we need a new one?

What we needed was an election thread. But bingo charges me $19.99 everytime I create a new thread so I’m not doing it.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 10:38 AM   #30
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
I think CP got the thread creator it deserves here. Officious about the title, yet still a megathread and not a "GT: Calgary Civic Election 2021"

So now the complaints will continue when this becomes a megathread completely divorced from the current election and we're all debating Sliver's excellent plan of adding water slides to Nose Hill Park in the summer of 2023.
Water slides sounds like an awesome idea.
Old 10-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #31
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I fail to see what positive Farkas does for this city; his schtick is just being a grandstanding contrarian that placates to the lowest common denominator. If this city votes him in as mayor, we deserve all the ridicule we will undoubtedly get. It would also add another item to the long list of politically embarrassing things that have happened in this province since 2019.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 11:00 AM   #32
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Can we prepend "MF" to the thread title?
Old 10-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #33
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
wasn't jyoti on the defund the police train?
"Defund the Police" is a great term to use if you want to scare people. Who would be against getting mental health professionals, etc more involved in work that under trained police are responsible for now? It's a no brainer.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:12 PM   #34
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1449068918920806408

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 02:17 PM   #35
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Water slides sounds like an awesome idea.
I know right. I mentioned it to my kids when we were driving by Nose Hill and now they're nagging me to run for mayor. IIRC it was Sliver's idea - maybe he can run for mayor next time.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #36
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm pretty set on voting for Gondek for mayor, even though nothing in her campaign really inspires me. I'm voting for her more to just block Farkas.

Who should I vote for in Ward 8? There's the old news guy with the severe fake tan, but who else?
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 02:20 PM   #37
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know right. I mentioned it to my kids when we were driving by Nose Hill and now they're nagging me to run for mayor. IIRC it was Sliver's idea - maybe he can run for mayor next time.
It'll be a cold day in hell before I vote for a Lake Bonavistian Southerner.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 02:25 PM   #38
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just last week we were driving past Heritage and Macleod and I told the kids it used to be the location of what was surely the ugliest waterpark in North America. Nothing like spending an afternoon at a waterslide wedged on a narrow strip of concrete between the train tracks and one of the busiest commercial strips in Canada.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2021, 02:39 PM   #39
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTeeks View Post
Brad Field accusing anyone else of political gamesmanship after that weird in-person opinion poll that he released is amusing. Poorly-done political gamesmanship is still gamesmanship.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 03:08 PM   #40
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I kind of wish we had a runoff system. Like 27 candidates is crazy, and we could pare that down and keep going until someone gets over 50%.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote