Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2023, 10:56 AM   #6021
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Yeah it's far better than I expected. And I like the fact that contestants that they are spending time on, are not immune from being eliminated. Keeps the suspense real.
It could use a tighter edit. Needs to be a 45 minute show, not an hour. It's got a little too much filler.
But overall it's pretty fun and stays true to the original series to a pretty high degree.
Wasn't a fan that it isn't complete and will have to wait to see the rest of it which I probably won't because I lose interest waiting weeks for shows to start up again. So if you want to binge, wait.
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:59 PM   #6022
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently the next batch drops this week.
The twist at the end of episode 5 was pretty good
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:32 PM   #6023
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Yeah it's far better than I expected. And I like the fact that contestants that they are spending time on, are not immune from being eliminated. Keeps the suspense real.
It could use a tighter edit. Needs to be a 45 minute show, not an hour. It's got a little too much filler.
But overall it's pretty fun and stays true to the original series to a pretty high degree.
I think it's intentional to keep the gameshow somewhat thematically similar to the tv show.

Like a combination of a game show and reality tv. They did this after the first group for battle ship (for instance). But the dialogue and set up does give more insight into the contestants and more disdain/celebration or disappointment when someone is eliminated.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 06:55 PM   #6024
greyshep
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Enjoyed the Squid Game reality show a lot more than I anticpated. Quite happy with the result and very satisfied 278 got turfed when she did.

That BS she pulled during the glass bridge was super slimy.
greyshep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greyshep For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2023, 07:33 PM   #6025
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyshep View Post
Enjoyed the Squid Game reality show a lot more than I anticpated. Quite happy with the result and very satisfied 278 got turfed when she did.

That BS she pulled during the glass bridge was super slimy.
I couldn't believe everyone else saw it differently
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2023, 08:18 AM   #6026
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was slimy and dumb.
It had no benefit because the guy ahead of her wasn't going to run the table. So she was going to have to eventually make a 50/50 choice anyways as the next person up. It only delayed it, and in doing so, risked harming her relationship with the rest. Though oddly they didn't seem to call her on it.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2023, 11:10 AM   #6027
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Spoiler!

Edit: Sorry Surferguy

Last edited by #-3; 12-08-2023 at 01:12 PM.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2023, 11:12 AM   #6028
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Why are we openly discussing spoilers here? Stop doing that. You want to talk details about the show, wrap that in tags.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2023, 11:17 AM   #6029
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
Why are we openly discussing spoilers here? Stop doing that. You want to talk details about the show, wrap that in tags.
I actually thought it was kind of funny because without any context I have no idea WTF they're talking about.

"Slimy and dumb after their first group battleship?"

That sentence literally means nothing to me.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2023, 06:22 PM   #6030
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

One show that is very dumb, but I couldn't stop watching and finished it in a few days is Obliterated.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 07:42 AM   #6031
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

World War II - From the Frontlines.

Documentary and all it is is narrated footage from WWII. But, they've enhanced and colourized it magnificently. I find it fascinating to watch this coverage in the quality they've presented it.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leeman4Gilmour For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2023, 08:29 AM   #6032
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Squid Game The Challenge was a great reality show, legitimately had me on the edge of my seat at times.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 05:16 PM   #6033
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeman4Gilmour View Post
World War II - From the Frontlines.

Documentary and all it is is narrated footage from WWII. But, they've enhanced and colourized it magnificently. I find it fascinating to watch this coverage in the quality they've presented it.
I’m watching this as well and some of the footage is jaw dropping. It’s a reminder of how easy we have it currently. Things could be much much much worse.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 10:21 PM   #6034
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

This looks cool.

The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2024, 02:23 PM   #6035
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

No word on the latest Dave Chappelle special out? To me, not his best one, but still better than 99% of the comedy out there. I don't know if anyone can tell a story better than him. 8/10 on this one.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:28 AM   #6036
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just binged Blue Eye Samurai and really enjoyed it. I'm not usually one for Anime but this was very well done. The story, characters and animations were all excellent. My only quibble was regarding the main baddie but otherwise loved the series.
Red Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:35 AM   #6037
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
No word on the latest Dave Chappelle special out? To me, not his best one, but still better than 99% of the comedy out there. I don't know if anyone can tell a story better than him. 8/10 on this one.
There were a couple really good moments but in general I found it kind of 'meh'. You're right that he is still better than most but he is nowhere near the level he was at previously. I find this with a lot of comedians. They are unique and edgy, they find success, lose some of their edge and then their comedy becomes meta (a reaction to their previous comedy or drama on socials). Ricky Gervais also released a special that followed a similar pattern.

I made the mistake of watching the Chris Rock/Kevin Hart 'special' Headliners Only. I really like Chris Rock and I find Kevin Hart funny but not particularly insightful. Turns out there was no stand-up but it was a behind the scenes look at them doing a bunch of shows together in New York. It was essentially a continuation of the Kevin Hart self-appreciation tour and he dragged Chris Rock into it (and even got Chapelle involved for a cringey segment at the end). It was a waste of time unless you really like shows about people celebrating themselves.
Red Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 10:49 AM   #6038
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I'm not usually a fan of CGI anime but everyone raves about Blue Eye Samurai, I guess I'll have to give it a shot.
Old 01-02-2024, 10:50 AM   #6039
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
Has he stopped talking about all the conflict he is having with the LGTBQ+ movement? That really dragged down his last show for me.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 11:29 AM   #6040
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't watched it, but from what I can tell, the answer is yes, for about two jokes right at the top of the show... It's like he's figured out that if he does a small segment about him vs LGBTQ+ people in each show it'll generate the necessary outrage to fuel word of mouth that he has a new special out and for people to check and see what the big controversy is this time.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote