Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2019, 09:06 AM   #21
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
It’s weird, but I actually prefer the 9:00 starts here in Ontario. Kids are in bed by the first intermission and the wife leaves me alone. 7:00 starts mean kids are up and the wife wants to do something with me after the game. Lol. I should have just grabbed tickets, but after being there last year for the 8-2 drubbing and it being right after Christmas I decided against it.
I do kinda like the late starts myself TBQH. It is nice to get the odd normal-time game, but 9PM hockey just feels right in my house.

The neighbours likely think I'm a demon-worshiper, as the whole house goes red for every game... and it's likely red as they all go to bed. Worth it.

On the flip-side, the pre-Wife loves these games as she can actually watch the 3rd. So I get a cheering buddy for these games
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:36 AM   #22
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Derek Wills @Fan960Wills
#Flames projected lines and pairings vs. #RedWings:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Jankowski-Neal
Dube-Ryan-Hathaway

Giordano-Brodie
Hanifin-Hamonic
Kylington-Andersson

Smith (Starter)
Gillies
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 09:37 AM   #23
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Looks good. Just no more chest bumping the puck into the slot, ok Mike Smith?
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #24
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How do people think Dube has fared since his recall? Peters mentioned they were going to assess it again because he wasn't getting good minutes.

Upon his recall, Peters said he wanted to see Dube be dynamic in the offensive zone, hold on to pucks and not be afraid to shoot it. What are people's assessment of his board play both in defensive zone and offensive zone?
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #25
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Smith will be amazing tonight and Neal will get his second in as many games.

1-0 Flames.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:03 AM   #26
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
How do people think Dube has fared since his recall? Peters mentioned they were going to assess it again because he wasn't getting good minutes.

Upon his recall, Peters said he wanted to see Dube be dynamic in the offensive zone, hold on to pucks and not be afraid to shoot it. What are people's assessment of his board play both in defensive zone and offensive zone?
Dube has proven to be an excellent fore-checker. I don't think he has NHL level offence yet, still his intensity and motor will keep him in the lineup over a player like Czarnik.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 10:06 AM   #27
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Isn't Mantha injured. I thought he had surgery early in the season and has been on the shelf for a couple months. Is he back?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:10 AM   #28
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

hasn't played since Dec 2nd
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #29
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just looked it up. Mantha just returned to practice very recently. They don't expect him to suit up for another week. I thought it was early in the season, but it was on Dec 2 when he hurt is hand in a fight and required to have surgery. He probably won't be fighting anyone for a while.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #30
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

28-5 Wings
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_H8_Crawford For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 10:11 AM   #31
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveicedhockey View Post
Will Mantha get something for being a dbag in the last meeting? Given that Hamonic messed his jaw up, I don't see him doing anything.

Alternatively we could just ignore it all and try to smash them on the score board.
He's on the IR still.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:21 AM   #32
Jore
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

he's been better to my eye than all the other call ups. he drives play, gets the puck out and through the neutral zone, and hasn't been afraid to shoot. had a great chance against the canucks and against sj a beautiful across the seam pass to ryan who couldn't finish it. the question is still if he develops better getting all situations time in stockton or playing well here...
Jore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jore For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 10:28 AM   #33
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

How did Mantha sucker him? They were fighting and Hamonic fell into the bench and the fight continued. It’s a fist fight #### happens. I’d imagine it starts to not much but I’d imagine Tkachuk will stir the pot at some point of the game and I think if Witkowsi (not sure of spelling or if he’s even with the team anymore) is in there could be something. I’d imagine if there was any expectations of things getting chippy they would be putting Peluso or Prout in which doesn’t seem like it’s happening.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:43 AM   #34
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

James Neal will score tonight.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #35
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Prepare for Smith to start. (just want to mitigate any freak outs)

...and it appears Gillies has been recalled??
Bad news if true. During the Sharks game, it looked like Rittich was favoring his leg a little bit. He appeared to shake it off and obviously played the rest of the game and looked fine doing so. But if they're calling up Gillies...ugh. Yikes.

The Wings are terrible and there's no reason the Flames shouldn't win this, even if Smith in net. They'll definitely need to jump on them early though and build a good lead just in case Smith lets in a stinker or two.

Go Flames!
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 10:55 AM   #36
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
James Neal will score tonight.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #37
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Guy from Wings bench thats name sounds like a$$, grabbed Hamonic from behind almost like headlock, and then they got pushed into the door to bench, don't know if it was intentional, but Hamonic fell backwards, then he jumped on top of him, and kept punching as Hamonic was on hisback trying to defend himself. None of that extra crap by the wings got called only Tkachuk's heel tap.

Almost forgot, the ahl scrub had jumped Kulak, after a big hit on one of the wings players.

Last edited by 1Nite; 01-02-2019 at 11:00 AM.
1Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1Nite For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #38
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
I do kinda like the late starts myself TBQH. It is nice to get the odd normal-time game, but 9PM hockey just feels right in my house.

The neighbours likely think I'm a demon-worshiper, as the whole house goes red for every game... and it's likely red as they all go to bed. Worth it.

On the flip-side, the pre-Wife loves these games as she can actually watch the 3rd. So I get a cheering buddy for these games
Haha, my wife is past pretending that she likes sports (she faked football for a bit when I won a trip to the Super Bowl), but she tolerates my updates and that is it. (Not saying yours is pretending, BTW).
Old 01-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #39
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

DET has given their opponents stiff tests so looking for CGY to once again rise to the challenge. Two fast teams so CGY will need some great play from the net out, playing with poise so don't get caught. Would like to see some more from Hanifin 5 on 5 and on the PP - he's young but oozes talent, let's see it!

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 01-02-2019 at 11:14 AM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #40
Ullr
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

James Neal with the Hatty.

New Year, New Neal. Real Deal!
Ullr is offline   Reply With Quote