Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #61
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Am I missing an issue here? Isn't a bidet something that sprays water up your corn hole? Do you have a model that requires insertion? If not, what's the big deal/
It's not a big deal, but the bidet works by a little nozzle coming out with the water pressure and spraying your butthole before retracting back into its home. I just kind of think micro-particles of vaporized poo are going to get on the nozzle. If I were the guy, I wouldn't want the homeowners micro poo particles then squirting at my butthole in the same way I don't really want his micro particles of poo squirting at me.

Like I say, I'm not sweating it, but it's the first time a stranger has used the bidet since I installed it and it made me wonder if it's weird or not. A bidet seems a bit personal to share, but it's also a big whatever.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #62
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I think "it's Silver"Sliver is probably what you're missing here.
Sliver, like, gets under your skin. His posts make a lot more sense when you get his name right.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #63
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Mahogany is nice to people that have families and like quiet. Waaaay less important to the list than being able to walk places and having transit options.

Plus Mahogany represents everything hipsters hate. Families, multiple cars, decent sized houses, "urban sprawl" people that don't want to walk or bike everywhere
Depends, there are a lot of places you can walk to in Mahogany.

I am in Auburn Bay and I love it. It is like a little town and we have everything, except clothing stores.

Pubs: 4 within 10 min walk from my front door
Grocery stores: 4
Movie Theaters: 1
Hospitals: 1
Libraries: 1
Large YMCA: 1

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #64
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Ogden, Manchester are all ranked higher then Sunnyside (Biased but its still a kickass neighborhood and is criminally low on that list)

Garbage.

Avenue = NG
Isn't Sunnyside super susceptible to flooding? I get that it's central and people like it, but owning property in a lot of parts of it seem like a gamble and should drop it on that list big time.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:18 PM   #65
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's not a big deal, but the bidet works by a little nozzle coming out with the water pressure and spraying your butthole before retracting back into its home. I just kind of think micro-particles of vaporized poo are going to get on the nozzle. If I were the guy, I wouldn't want the homeowners micro poo particles then squirting at my butthole in the same way I don't really want his micro particles of poo squirting at me.

Like I say, I'm not sweating it, but it's the first time a stranger has used the bidet since I installed it and it made me wonder if it's weird or not. A bidet seems a bit personal to share, but it's also a big whatever.
It's probably worse when someone takes a wiz, as it's probably pretty likely wiz particles are getting on the nozzle. So consider that, too.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #66
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

He was in there for 20 minutes you said. It sounds like he gave the bidet more than one try
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:26 PM   #67
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
It's probably worse when someone takes a wiz, as it's probably pretty likely wiz particles are getting on the nozzle. So consider that, too.
Or him using TP and skipping the bidet. Then his hands are coming super close to the poo particles and he’s then spreading that all over the bathroom. If he even washes his hands. At least with the bidet it is poo particles being transferred bum to bum. No bidet and we could be talking bum to hand to mouth transference. That’s way worse than sharing a bidet.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:27 PM   #68
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Sliver, like, gets under your skin. His posts make a lot more sense when you get his name right.
Holy ####.
In my 9 years posting here, I have somehow have misread his name every single time. That's crazy.
Like, Berenstain/Berenstein bears crazy.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 01:28 PM   #69
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait I thought those were water fountains.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #70
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's a type of bidet that can exist, that's not all bidets. Some are just a toilet bowl shaped opening with a fixed position tap that sprays out water. In fact, I'd confidently suggest that that's what most bidets are.

Bidets are overrated. Give me the hand held butt sprayer any day.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:33 PM   #71
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Holy ####.
In my 9 years posting here, I have somehow have misread his name every single time. That's crazy.
Like, Berenstain/Berenstein bears crazy.
That's awesome. My username is from the song Sliver by Nirvana. Kurt Cobain said in an interview he only named it Sliver because he figured people would misread it as Silver and he liked that.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #72
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Ogden, Manchester are all ranked higher then Sunnyside (Biased but its still a kickass neighborhood and is criminally low on that list)

Garbage.

Avenue = NG
As someone who has worked in both neighbourhoods (The 'Hood FTW!!) you are being criminally judgemental to what are largely working-class neighbourhoods in favour of latter sipping elitists who had better learn how to swim...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:42 PM   #73
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
No way Brentwood is #1 considering it has the ugliest cluster of high rise buildings ever created by humans.
No way, at least the University City towers add some colour to our city in those drab brown months we have.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #74
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also no one closes their blinds when they change their clothes or step out of the shower.
Old 08-01-2019, 02:19 PM   #75
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beltline drops from #1 to #32. I wonder why?
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:23 PM   #76
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's awesome. My username is from the song Sliver by Nirvana. Kurt Cobain said in an interview he only named it Sliver because he figured people would misread it as Silver and he liked that.

My favorite Nirvana song.

Jambox bros back on!

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 02:27 PM   #77
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nirvana went downhill after Kurt shot himself.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:32 PM   #78
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If he was around today he'd shoot himself after seeing this.

zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 02:38 PM   #79
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Not to make you squeamish or anything, but the first time I tried a bidets in Japan, I probably spent more than 20 minutes in the bathroom. I'd be less concerned about germs and more about how much the guy was probably enjoying himself.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:54 PM   #80
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL, Beltline (and probably others) lost points for having too many restaurants:

We also asked them if there was an ideal number of restaurants in a neighbourhood, and the answer was between eight and 46 restaurants, which knocked Beltline down in ranking this year as well.

https://twitter.com/AvenueMagazine/s...277159425?s=20
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote