Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #321
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
I don't believe that betting on games is illegal so going to the authorities would hardly be useful.

It seems clear that the NHL would be the one investigating any misconduct and assessing any penalties. I doubt she has Bettman's cell phone number.
I'm sure she could figure out how to contact someone at the NHL offices or someone with the Sharks organization without a twitter rant

I could and I wasn't married to a player

Kane is an idiot but 95% chance this is BS and he didn't bet on Sharks games like she says IMO

Last edited by dino7c; 08-04-2021 at 03:16 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #322
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I wish I was attractive enough to be a gold digger...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CaptainYooh For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #323
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

If we were to believe Evander's account, his wife is mentally unwell. meanwhile he's perfectly fine jetting off and leaving his daughter and unborn child in the care of this supposed unwell person. leaving her to pack and arrange for the foreclosure of his child's home. If I were in the same position, I'd be in San Jose, fighting for custody of my daughter, ensuring she had a safe place to go and ensuring I'm doing everything I could to support this "unwell" person while she's carrying my unborn child. it really speaks to his lack of credibility/character.
If anyone is bat#### crazy, it's Evander. He demonstrates all of the classic characteristics of a narcissist.
IMO.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:18 PM   #324
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
If we were to believe Evander's account, his wife is mentally unwell. meanwhile he's perfectly fine jetting off and leaving his daughter and unborn child in the care of this supposed unwell person. leaving her to pack and arrange for the foreclosure of his child's home. If I were in the same position, I'd be in San Jose, fighting for custody of my daughter, ensuring she had a safe place to go and ensuring I'm doing everything I could to support this "unwell" person while she's carrying my unborn child. it really speaks to his lack of credibility/character.
If anyone is bat#### crazy, it's Evander. He demonstrates all of the classic characteristics of a narcissist.
IMO.
Who thinks Kane is perfectly fine? Kane himself?

I think you would have a hard time finding anyone else though
Old 08-04-2021, 04:20 PM   #325
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post

"70M, never hit a layup in her life" lol
Old 08-04-2021, 05:01 PM   #326
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post

Incredible.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 10:19 AM   #327
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Stuff in the Athletic this morning about Kane, including that his teammates wanted him out before the allegations came to light:

https://theathletic.com/2762836/2021...e-irreparable/

Quote:
Several key players informed team brass that if Kane was going to be a part of the Sharks going forward, they didn’t want to be. That’s how bad it got, and how complicated this situation has become.
“Guys were going into Doug’s office all year long,” according to one source, “saying Kane had to go. … All Doug would say is, ‘All teams have locker-room issues,’ which just isn’t true. Not the teams that win, anyway.”
“The Sharks ignored everything,” said an NHL agent who represents at least one player on the team. “Team turned a blind eye.”
Quote:

At one point late in the season, according to a source, Kane nearly came to blows with assistant coach Rocky Thompson in a meeting after arguing where he was supposed to be positioned on the power play. Several sources indicated there was a general frustration among the team that Kane was permitted to get away with whatever he wanted, with no repercussions.

Meier apparently an issue, too

Quote:
Another league source suggested that Kane’s only real companion in the dressing room is Timo Meier, and that the situation with Kane “is also a Timo problem.”
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:08 PM   #328
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

I'd put money on Rocky. Old man strength.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2021, 12:10 PM   #329
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

what a tire fire...glad Calgary stayed away from Kane...
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 12:38 PM   #330
CactusJack
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
That may be the best punishment of all if any wrongdoing is found. A one on one no holds barred matchup against Rocky!
CactusJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #331
timbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
44 years old? Old man strength?

He’s in his prime!

Wouldn’t hurt and wouldn’t take long.
timbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timbit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2021, 06:49 PM   #332
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Bankruptcy judge rules Kane must face discovery in abortion for pay lawsuit

https://theathletic.com/news/judge-r...t/6eUxPR75fBSZ

Quote:
A federal bankruptcy judge gave the go-ahead for discovery in a lawsuit filed by Hope Parker, who alleges Kane reneged on a promise to pay her at least $2 million if she aborted their pregnancy.

That means Parker, who first sued in 2018 in California state court, can begin seeking testimony and electronic correspondence from Kane, who says he changed his mind about paying Parker before she sent him proof of the abortion. That argument did not win over bankruptcy judge Stephen Johnson.

“Plaintiff (Parker) was unwilling to terminate the third pregnancy until Defendant (Kane) offered her two to three million dollars to do so,” Johnson wrote. (According to bankruptcy court documents, Parker allegedly aborted a fetus conceived with the hockey player twice before, and Kane paid her $125,000 for the second abortion.) “Then, on June 13, 2018, Plaintiff sent Defendant a text message of her lab results, which confirmed she had terminated the third pregnancy. When Plaintiff requested Defendant update her on the status of her payment, Defendant, for the first time, told (Plaintiff) he was not going to pay her, stating: ‘I’ll have my lawyer contact you I’m not dealing with this any further then.’

“I can infer from the complaint that Plaintiff falsely said he would pay … to abort the third pregnancy, and that he did so to deceive (her) into actually undergoing that abortion.”

Parker’s case in California was delayed by the COVID-19 pandemic, and then stayed since Kane’s January bankruptcy filing. A status conference scheduled earlier this month was pushed into next year. That leaves Parker’s complaint within the bankruptcy process. She has filed a separate case within Chapter 7 seeking to ensure that if Kane is allowed to walk away from his debts, her debt would be treated differently.

Bankruptcy law does not allow a debt to be waived if it is obtained under false pretenses. Johnson OK’d that argument to proceed. It doesn’t mean the court is ruling in Parker’s favor, but that it sees enough reason for the case to move forward.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:57 PM   #333
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

As if my opinion of Kane couldn’t get any worse. Wow.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #334
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy ####.

He's literally human scum. I'd probably kick him in the balls if I met him just so he couldn't impregnate another woman and then coerce her into an abortion under false pretenses.

People know that abortions are rough to go through, right? He must know this, yes?

Really ####ing disturbing to read that.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2021, 07:30 PM   #335
Jetfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Biggest dirtbag in the league. How does one even become so useless.
Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 07:37 PM   #336
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

He's trash and she's trash. This is exactly why a proportion of the population are against abortion. Some people are so willy nilly with their decisions regarding something important that many would love to have.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2021, 07:43 PM   #337
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was an advocate of the Flames trading for this guy back when he was available.

Really glad we dodged that bullet. What a piece of garbage.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 08:26 PM   #338
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

There was so much crap about this guy when he was in Winnipeg I figured he was just a young punk but the older he gets the worse it seems to get. 0 accountability for his actions other than a fluff piece after the bankruptcy stuff came out.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #339
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how common the abortions for money thing is in the sports and entertainment industry. It just sounds so ghoulish.
Old 08-23-2021, 08:29 PM   #340
VictoryJuice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

This guy is a moron, $10 for condoms or $2 mill for an abortion? Insane
VictoryJuice is offline   Reply With Quote