Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2023, 09:50 AM   #161
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
https://www.who.int/news/item/15-05-...ased-guideline

Gonna have to switch that diet soda to water.
Hmm.. that's an interesting guidance. Obviously no sweetener is the best option, but I'd think the no calorie option is better than the one with calories. Difficult to communicate but my guess would be that most people reading that would switch to regular coke from diet coke instead of water from diet coke.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 11:18 AM   #162
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
I hear people say that "they want" to lose weight sometimes.

My usual reaction is no, maybe "they'd like" to lose weight, but they have no dedication, will power or strong desire to actually become healthy, they don't "want" it.

I ride my bicycle to work. It's about 5-10 minutes longer than driving to get to the office. That's it. All flat. No hills. My 4 male co-workers all live near me. They're all in various stages of being overweight. They have bicycles (and if they didn't, they make about 150k each and could get one). I encourage them to bike with me all the time, or to ride their bikes period. None of them ever want to and no, it's not the magical "I have to pick my kid up from school explanation". They could easily regularly go to a gym or eat better, but they don't.

I see people always stop/starting diets that will never last. There's no commitment to a healthier lifestyle.

Most people just don't care. We're a society of complainers (about nearly everything) with relatively little action. Will power doesn't really exist anymore.
Only problem with that is all the people playing dress up on their bicycle, like they are competing in the tour de France. These people have no place in a civilized society. What do we do with them? If there is any sort of hierarchy, dress up cyclists have to fall below lazy fatties.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 11:22 AM   #163
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Only problem with that is all the people playing dress up on their bicycle, like they are competing in the tour de France. These people have no place in a civilized society. What do we do with them? If there is any sort of hierarchy, dress up cyclists have to fall below lazy fatties.
This is all pretty ignorant and the opposite of encouraging people to exercise. Be better.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 12:17 PM   #164
Icantwhisper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Imagine being upset about what someone is wearing while exercising, sounds more like your own insecurity shining through.

Also you'd hate stampede
Old 05-18-2023, 01:15 PM   #165
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
This is all pretty ignorant and the opposite of encouraging people to exercise. Be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantwhisper View Post
Imagine being upset about what someone is wearing while exercising, sounds more like your own insecurity shining through.

Also you'd hate stampede
Perhaps it might have been more obvious had I used green text?

PS> what colour is your jersey?
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2023, 01:21 PM   #166
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry, some people are actually serious about that criticism.

My jerseys are whatever colour the free one for the event was. I haven't had to buy one since I was 15.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 01:33 PM   #167
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are posting on a website that celebrates cosplaying as hockey players while watching others play hockey.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 07:57 PM   #168
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I would be F'D! lol
Old 05-21-2023, 09:03 PM   #169
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
But it It can be insufferable to be around someone who has made that commitment as they won't shut up about it, or stop preaching to others about it. Almost evangelical in their zeal, like your post comes across as.
Omg, this times a million. We have a couple at work and it's never-ending stories about their workouts and diets and how important it all is. Everyone practically runs away when the latest story from their weekend workout comes up.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2023, 09:29 PM   #170
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Omg, this times a million. We have a couple at work and it's never-ending stories about their workouts and diets and how important it all is. Everyone practically runs away when the latest story from their weekend workout comes up.
Terry Tate the office linebacker.
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 11:01 AM   #171
fulham
Backup Goalie

Exp:

If you mandated exercise instead of the 100 other things we'd have a lot less covid deaths it predominantly killed the sick and fat.

We have a child sports/art credit, wouldn't be hard to extend it to adults, and cap it so its able to cover a gym membership/sports registrations but not Glencoe memberships.
fulham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 07:51 PM   #172
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulham View Post
We had a child sports/art credit, wouldn't be hard to extend it to adults, and cap it so its able to cover a gym membership/sports registrations but not Glencoe memberships.
Fixed that for you.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2023, 08:20 PM   #173
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
A society is a group of individuals involved in persistent social interaction, or a large social group sharing the same spatial or social territory, typically subject to the same political authority and dominant cultural expectations.
How does society "mandate" something? Isn't that just code for bullying?
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote