Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #161
serratedmuffin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_the_redneck View Post
Meh............he's never going to be an impact NHL player.
Darren Haydar and Jason Krog disagree with you!!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #162
flamesrule14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

John Negrin traded to the Swift Current Broncos.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #163
flamesrule14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anyone else watch(or go to) Negrin's debut as a Bronco against the Hitmen on sportsnet? Watched the game and kept a close eye on Negrin. Thoughts are as follows.

Kid is a terrific skater. Doesn't take many strides to get to where he wants to be. Likes to join the rush and because of his skating has no problem getting back defensively. Seems to like the wrist shot on net from the point. Got an assist this way and hits the net just about everytime. Quaterbacked the PP pretty well. Liked what I saw from him offensively. Defensively however I thought he struggled. New team though and a new partner which probably had a lot to do with that. Not overly physical and likes to pokecheck. As a result got burned a couple times by missing the pokecheck and allowing the player to skate by him. Hoping to see him again when the Broncos come to Edmonton later this season.

Interested in hearing others opinions if they got a chance to watch the game today.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #164
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Nemisz with another 3 point night tonight. This time one goal and two helpers.

He's quickly becoming my favourite prospect along with Pelech.
Is that an observation coming from watching him play? What in particular do you really like about him?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #165
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier View Post
Is that an observation coming from watching him play?
No, I had the ol' Ouija board out when I posted that.

Quote:
What in particular do you really like about him?
As you can tell by the other guy I listed, I like the big players. It really has a lot to do with his style of play as well. Love his big presence, love the way he can control a play in tight, and love his physical game down low. He isn't afraid to compete, nor battle. Has some good hands on him too.

Like I've said before, I don't think skating is an issue with him anymore then it is an issue with a guy like Langkow. I'm no expert, but I like what I see.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #166
chris_iginla
Draft Pick

Any updates on TJ Brodie and has anyone seen him play lately. I know he had a brilliant start offensively and stat wise and had cooled off somewhat recently, with one stretch of just 1 point in 7 games.
I didn't know much about this kid when the Flames drafted him last summer, but I've been really impressed with the pick since this time.

Any comments/updates appreciated.

Cheers!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #167
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Backlund with an assist in his first WHL game as the Rockets beat the Americans 3-2.
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #168
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Greg Nemisz is flying!!
GP G A TTL
41 23 27 50

Last edited by jeremywilhelm; 01-17-2009 at 11:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremywilhelm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #169
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

T.J Brodie with the game winning goal for Saginaw vs Ottawa in OT.

Point Totals: 7G, 26A for 33PTs

10th in OHL Defense scoring behind names such as:
1. Ryan Ellis
5. P.K. Subban
7. Michael Del Zotto
9. Shawn Lalonde
Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #170
Tilley
Retired Aksarben Correspondent

Exp:

Aaron Marvin and C.J. Severyn each with a goal last night. Marvin's goal was the only goal for St. Cloud State in a 6-1 loss to Minnesota. Severyn's goal was the game winner.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #171
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Three point night for Greg Nemisz.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:44 AM   #172
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
Three point night for Greg Nemisz.
Niemsz now sits 8th in the league in points. WTG Niemsz!
The Following User Says Thank You to Phanuthier For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #173
cross16
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule14 View Post
Anyone else watch(or go to) Negrin's debut as a Bronco against the Hitmen on sportsnet? Watched the game and kept a close eye on Negrin. Thoughts are as follows.

Kid is a terrific skater. Doesn't take many strides to get to where he wants to be. Likes to join the rush and because of his skating has no problem getting back defensively. Seems to like the wrist shot on net from the point. Got an assist this way and hits the net just about everytime. Quaterbacked the PP pretty well. Liked what I saw from him offensively. Defensively however I thought he struggled. New team though and a new partner which probably had a lot to do with that. Not overly physical and likes to pokecheck. As a result got burned a couple times by missing the pokecheck and allowing the player to skate by him. Hoping to see him again when the Broncos come to Edmonton later this season.

Interested in hearing others opinions if they got a chance to watch the game today.
I watched virtually all of that game, and have to say I agree 100%. I have loved Negrin's skating ability from the first traning camp I saw. he is just so effortless. However, I thought he struggled in that game, but alot of the struggled were becuase he got hung out to dry. The Sonne goal comes to mind although it was a pretty femish attempt to block it.
He does rely soly on his wrist shot, but that is something I think the Flames and he are commited to workin on. They want to see more of an offensive upside. I think he moves the puck well, but the odd slapper would help him out.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #174
MonsieurFish
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Really looks like Irving has been doing real well in the AHL since december, whereas Keetley has been doing pretty badly since then. Glad to see Irving is getting adjusted to the AHL now though.
The Following User Says Thank You to MonsieurFish For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #175
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurFish View Post
Really looks like Irving has been doing real well in the AHL since december, whereas Keetley has been doing pretty badly since then. Glad to see Irving is getting adjusted to the AHL now though.
thats a totally accurate description of whats happened. keetley started off hot and has been pretty awful lately while irving started off shaky but has come on as the season progressed. keetley has actually been pulled his last 2 starts i believe.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #176
PIMking
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dobbles is right Keets has been yanked his last two starts. Hell calgary would be better to have Irving ride the pine for 80 games in Calgary next year than Keets. Besides if Kipper goes down Sutter will get another goalie because he isnt going to ride the tide while kipper gets healthy. Keets needs some ECHL time.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #177
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wow, Nemisz quickly becoming one of my favourite new prospects. 6'4 205 lbs. 8th in scoring in the OHL. Could be a great addition along with Backlund to the AHL next year. Dobbs, you should actually have something to watch!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #178
Phanuthier
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
Wow, Nemisz quickly becoming one of my favourite new prospects. 6'4 205 lbs. 8th in scoring in the OHL. Could be a great addition along with Backlund to the AHL next year. Dobbs, you should actually have something to watch!
I think he has to stay in the OHL next year (unless he makes the NHL team, but thats obviously doubtful)
Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #179
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

isnt he 20 next year. Isnt that too old for the OHL?
Old 01-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #180
Aeneas
Franchise Player

Exp:

You can have 4 20 year olds in the WHL. No idea if OHL has the same rule.
I guess birth dates would come into play also.
Closed Thread