Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2010, 11:22 AM   #141
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

FYI Folks. Futureshop has a hot deal for GT5 ($59) and the Logitech Driving Force Wheel GT ($169). The deal is Trade 5 games on their list and get them both for free. Got one this morning, the stores don't have a great deal of stock.

Last edited by Finny61; 12-03-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Finny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:21 AM   #142
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Finally played this a little tonight ... decent. The complaints about the load times are over exaggerated.

But, where is the damage model? Is it a setting I need to turn on somewhere? I played 3 races (in GT Life) and was bumping other cars all the time. I didnt seem to pick up any damage... what gives?
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #143
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug View Post
Finally played this a little tonight ... decent. The complaints about the load times are over exaggerated.

But, where is the damage model? Is it a setting I need to turn on somewhere? I played 3 races (in GT Life) and was bumping other cars all the time. I didnt seem to pick up any damage... what gives?
I read online that the damage model for single players is unlocked later in the game ... but that a recent patch enables it for all online play.

And, just went to play for a few minutes, and there is another 608 MB patch (v 1.05) that is now taking forever to install....
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:17 PM   #144
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

How far into it are you guys?

It's taking forever for me to level up and get cash. I want to finish the expert levels, but I've been waiting forever for a car to show up in the used lot.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #145
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I haven't had much time with it, I've been spending more time playing F1 2010. However I have this obsession with wanting Gold on the licenses, and some are damn near impossible to get, or I suck.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:10 PM   #146
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm about 70% done the game.

Unlike others, I'm not encumbered by a pride to try and achieve gold on the license tests

I have to admit that I'm disappointed to find it pretty easy so far. I've been walking all over the Professional races in both A- and B-spec. I assume that Expert will be much more challenging.

The little theme races with the nascar and amg driving academy stuff is ok, but kinda annoying. I wouldn't cry if the game lost these little features.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #147
Akai-Sesui
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm about 60% done; I think I'd be further along if I didn't insist on winning races with minimally upgraded cars. The game isn't easy if you stick to virtually stock cars.
The plus side to not upgrading your cars is that you have a whole lot of cash; especially awesome if you're hunting for elusive prey in the used car lot.
Akai-Sesui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:11 PM   #148
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fan, Ph.D. View Post
Unlike others, I'm not encumbered by a pride to try and achieve gold on the license tests
I like gold what can I say
Old 12-30-2010, 06:28 PM   #149
Jake
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Heres a tip no one probably needed to be told, but if you win the Buggati Veyron do all weight reductions on it. Once its around 1400 kg (from 1880), it's basically a rocket ship on wheels.
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote