Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2022, 09:49 PM   #121
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
But at some point you are going to get covid. Wouldn't you rather have an easy go with it, than end up in hospital, or worse? The vaccine is simple, effective, safe and recommend by pretty much everyone worth listening to.
Sounds like its a easy go for a healthy person so ill do that without the 5 shots of booster juice thanks

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:54 PM   #122
Chonger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
This is garbage. Pure garbage. And I'm tired.

This is not the 'devide'. The divide is entirely created by people like you. Not because you didn't get vaccinated, that part is fully your choice. Consequences are on you.

The divide is created because of your inability to use critical thinking to listen and broaden your scope of information. People like you conveniently dig in their heels when information agrees with what you were already thinking and automatically discard information that goes against.

To make it worse, when presented with additional information or points of view... you'll go emo teen with pithy, meaningless comments like, "We elect? Good one". What a joke.

You'll make no effort to discuss with charity, reason, and/or a remotely open mind. It's closed trap shut, but you'll pretend there's a sliver open. But we all know that's BS. It's a ruse for you to get your digs in. No solutions, no ideas, nothing. Everything out of your mouth is meaningless.

You WANT people to challenge you. Why? So you can name-call others to make yourself feel better. Not because you want to find out more.

Freedom? LOL, yeah you're so hard done by typing this out with your $1000 smartphone, living in a heated home, with all the social nets necessary to not become destitute, living in an era with the lowest violent crime on record, and nearly all the medicine available to you.

So here's the thing. You don't know what struggle is. Your life isn't hard. Not even remotely. Otherwise, you wouldn't be acting like this.

This mindset is so prevalent. You're 'woke', you're 'cancelled', you're a Nazi, you're a Libtard, Trudeau sucks, Kenney lives in his mom's basement. I'm so tired of it.

Ultimately, NO ONE KNOWS. You make decisions to the best of your ability by examining multiple, vetted sources, reading between the lines, and not throwing yourself into the deep end into a small sample size of media.

What comes out of that may result in consequences. You're not special. No one is. That's life and you'll have to deal with it. Just like everyone else.
You seem fun. Wanna hang out sometime?

Chonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:55 PM   #123
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

So that’s a ‘no’ to the multiple people asking you for the sources of your information? Hey, that’s no problem for me. I’ll just assume you got it all from some crackpot Facebook page like so many people with similar views to yours. You’re the one complaining about being insulted. Providing proof of your claims would help stop that.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:56 PM   #124
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chonger View Post
Sounds like its a easy go for a healthy person so ill do that without the 5 shots of booster juice thanks

Have you seen r/HermanCainAwards on reddit? Lots of healthy people there. Well they were, until they weren't.
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2022, 09:56 PM   #125
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Jesus
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 09:57 PM   #126
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperBagger'14 View Post
Have you seen r/HermanCainAwards on reddit? Lots of healthy people there. Well they were, until they weren't.
Man, from dealing wit these people, I'll save you the time. There's no getting through to them on any level. We are a relic here on CP, still accepting this crap.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2022, 10:03 PM   #127
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:

Easy go if you’re healthy and vaxxed. Unvaxxed, and it’s more of a crap shoot. It’s your right to take that chance. I just hope you don’t take a bed from someone who could use it more.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:09 PM   #128
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
In an insanely amusingly timely coincidence...this just crossed a different feed of mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
There is an opportunity here for the members of the forum to move the conversation away from vaccines and into the broader subject of 'division of society'. I would agree that is getting worse, and there are quite a few papers and videos on the subject that are worth looking into. The breakdown on most of those are 'follow the money', but there are actually quite a few variables in play that are encouraging the people to take sides on almost every issue, and then never deviate.
These two things are interesting when put together, I agree with the first post, but the truth is Harry is right, what's happening in the conservative movement is growing that sliver every day, the F-Trudeau T-shrits, the protests at Gondeks house, the border blockades, they terrify the hell out of me. There is a segment of they population that has given up on the institutions of Canadian governance, the accept or reject anything purely based on who says with no concern for facts, they have no thought towards the second order effect of any action they advocate for and are unwilling to do anything that would benefit society unless it can be clearly articulated how their team wins . On top of all of that they have deluded themselves into thinking it is patriotism and they are the only real Canadians, it's a frightening thing to watch, I don't see any path where if doesn't get worse, and I have friends, colleagues, neighbors who are starting to fall on the wrong side of this divide (luckily very few family members, one who I would says is curious about the wrong side but might grasp onto reality because of their marriage). And it might be a lot easier to have conversations that would defuse these things if there wasn't some social liberal waiting in the wings to torpedo every conversation a soon as they feel it drifts offside.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2022, 10:40 PM   #129
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
First off i wanna thank you for taking the time to type this out and not treat me like a human pos. But im more comfortable being a hermit than i am taking shots and never ending boosters.

If you want to be a hermit then I don't care what you do, but you aren't asking to be a hermit, you are asking to be treated as if you are vaccinated, keep working, go to the pub generally risk spreading a virulent and at times deadly disease, that isnt a right the rest of us are obligated to give you, you get HIV and get on tinder and shag your unprotected brains out without mentioning that to your partners society will lock your arse up even though the chance of you passing on HIV is actually very slight
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2022, 10:46 PM   #130
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You guys couldn't just have a nice Sunday at home?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:48 PM   #131
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You mean like Josh Archibald, late 20's healthier than you will ever be, inflamed heart muscle, career over and its possible has lost a decade or so of life at the other end when having a weakened heart or lungs catches up with you, pretty much like smoking.

If there was any risk with the vaccine I might at least understand but it is so statistically harmless your position that you would risk long term heart and lung damage, even death rather than take a vaccine that risks absolutly nothing is absurd, like choosing to smoke rather than drink a bottle of water
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2022, 10:51 PM   #132
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

rooster won. Good job, folks.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 10:57 PM   #133
kipperiggy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
And im the reverse and there in lies the devide. Is this not my belief and choice to make this decision for myself as a free citizen of Canada without losing my job?

You still have freedom of choice.

Get vaccinated and keep your job.

Don’t get vaccinated and find a new job.

You just don’t LIKE the choices, and you don’t want to accept the consequences of your decision.

Thanks AC!
kipperiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kipperiggy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2022, 11:34 PM   #134
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Rooster got arrested trying to sneak fuel into protestors in Ottawa in big gulp cups. and booster juice cups.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:42 AM   #135
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No problem with that.
Would you put your money where your mouth is and forgoe hospital treatment in the event you get seriously Ill?
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 12:47 AM   #136
Chingas
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
These two things are interesting when put together, I agree with the first post, but the truth is Harry is right, what's happening in the conservative movement is growing that sliver every day, the F-Trudeau T-shrits, the protests at Gondeks house, the border blockades, they terrify the hell out of me. There is a segment of they population that has given up on the institutions of Canadian governance, the accept or reject anything purely based on who says with no concern for facts, they have no thought towards the second order effect of any action they advocate for and are unwilling to do anything that would benefit society unless it can be clearly articulated how their team wins . On top of all of that they have deluded themselves into thinking it is patriotism and they are the only real Canadians, it's a frightening thing to watch, I don't see any path where if doesn't get worse, and I have friends, colleagues, neighbors who are starting to fall on the wrong side of this divide (luckily very few family members, one who I would says is curious about the wrong side but might grasp onto reality because of their marriage). And it might be a lot easier to have conversations that would defuse these things if there wasn't some social liberal waiting in the wings to torpedo every conversation a soon as they feel it drifts offside.
There is definitely a divide opening up in our society that can be tied to covid but not exclusively. It reminds me of when I speak to some friends who are Oiler fans after getting my latest dose of the E=ng thread. I really can't see what they see but usually politely let them think it's all ok.

Some food for thought. I am vaccinated and so is well over 90% of my inner circle and people that I converse with in person regularly. That doesn't mean that 90% of said circle thinks that everyone protesting is a racist white supremist that craps in the street and threatens local Ottawaians sp?. In fact closer to 90% of said circle think that the media is misrepresenting the majority of what is happening on the ground and doing Justin's bidding. Albeit not 90% support blockades and the methods being used to get attention the vast majority support some or all of what they stand for.

Tldr just because 90% of people are vaxed doesn't mean that 90% of the people fall on the same side of the aisle that you might think they do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chingas For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 04:51 AM   #137
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:

If someone is a healthy person, why not get the vaccine? Shoukdn't someone's healthy body should fight off any potential side effects?

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 06:37 AM   #138
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That's not what the data says. I don't know how old you are, but if you are 30-39, you are 5x more likely to take a hospital bed from someone who needs it, than if you are vaccinated.

Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2022, 07:24 AM   #139
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
One of the funnier successful troll attempts in recent memory. Funny stuff.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:21 AM   #140
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

One thing that some of these people seem to confuse a lot lately is freedoms for inconvenience. They have the freedom to protest, drive across the country, show up and honk horns, say things (bad things) on TV, call the PM a piece of ####, openly admit to being misinformed about the safety of modern medicine and not get a vaccine.

Yet when they make those choices, they now have to work within the parameters of the system that has to handle those that make those choices. But they are still free to do all those things.

Having to wear a mask or not go to a restaurant is not a violation of freedoms. Its an inconvenience that mildly bothers people on their day-to-day, and some choose to operate with more inconveniences than others. But it's necessary to protect community health and keep our economy and national institutions stable and running.

There are almost 100 million people who have had to flee their countries in fear of persecution and violence in the last couple of years, while also dealing with a pandemic. The Uyghur population and other mostly-Muslim ethnic groups in the north-western region of Xinjiang have been suffering oppression and freedom violations at the hands of the Chinese government for years. Oppression against the LGBTQ communities in Afghanistan and Chechnya. The detention of Rohingya activists and civilians and the Myanmar military coup in 2021. Even the separation of children from their parents at the south U.S. border are signs of oppression and due process violations.

And here there are some complaining about not wanting OPTIONAL modern medicine assistance and their freedoms are at stake.

The division is there, but put in perspective, these people have an uncanny amount of more rights relative to people who are actually oppressed in this world - rights that people would risk death for to be able to have the same freedom.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post: