Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #121
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I've been thinking about this the last couple weeks, and I legitimately wonder if Stewart is not well. I know the "official" reason is he wants to do other things, but it just seems insane to me that he would shut it down right now with an election coming up. They're really the bread and butter of the show. It would seem like such a perfect bookend to wrap it up after the election.

I know that can slide into "Well lets just do a year of this crazy new president" and "well now lets do 2020" but still, the timing seems so odd to me. Indecision 2016 seems like a great endpoint.
On the flip side Stewart could have decided now was the perfect time to go and let Trevor Noah come in with an election campaign underway and plenty of material to work with. The writers are still there so this will be a great opportunity for Noah to get his feet wet and not have to worry about putting his own spin on the show for awhile at least
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:57 AM   #122
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
On the flip side Stewart could have decided now was the perfect time to go and let Trevor Noah come in with an election campaign underway and plenty of material to work with. The writers are still there so this will be a great opportunity for Noah to get his feet wet and not have to worry about putting his own spin on the show for awhile at least
I was thinking this as well. How better to endear a new host to fans than by injecting him into one of the most entertaining stretches the show sees every 3-4 years?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #123
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Yeah, that was my guess too, and especially after seeing the finale, it seems likely that Stewart's biggest motivation for the timing was probably giving the show and everyone who works there the best chance to succeed after he's gone.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:00 AM   #124
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Something to be said about ending on a high note too. Maybe it's just that.

And not many people could make a high note after 17 freaking years.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote