Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #1361
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I can understand that reasoning and at this point, there's not much I can say to defend myself. The first vote was primarily gut feeling (really, there wasn't a lot info to go with on day 1) and I was wrong. The second cardflip really surprised me because I was convinced agulati was mafia. Just bad luck to strike out twice and that's why I'm still hesitant with vote #3 today.

I really just want to add that both GGG and kermitology are not on that list for the lone reason that after hmmhmmcamo, they unvoted agulati very late and to me, that strikes me as suspicious. Mafia knew that there were more than enough votes for agulati already and the lynch would still go through if a couple mafiosos unvoted. Great defense when you think about it, isn't it? "Well I knew he was town, I didn't lynch him, I unvoted!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I am glad that I am not the only one who sees that.
Just quoting these, because SP brought it up as an issue against me.

GGG was the first person I suspected in the game, in my Day 1 fiasco with ineedanother, so even though ineedanother was proven town, the basis of my logic against GGG was still in the back of my mind.

Kermit has been thrown around as potential mafia by some players (due to posting patterns, I think), but he had never made it high on my list at that point.

The connection between 2 people who were more on my mafia list than not was worth noting, especially since at that time I was of the mindset that i could be killed at any time because I had flubbed the ineedanother thing so badly, and I wanted to reinforce that connection as something that people could look at when I was killed and flipped town.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:28 PM   #1362
Crazy Bacon Legs
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Okay, I'm ready to cast my vote.

Please keep in mind what I wrote if I should happen to die during the night phase.

Oh, and nothing personal, starseed. I like you, but I think you're mafia.

vote: starseed
Old 05-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #1363
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Way too townie of a post.

On my original suspicions then with the three lynching of townies:

Unvote
Vote: Rathji
Kind of ironic that I am agreeing with the only person who is voting to lynch me at this point, but I agree with that post being way too town. Also, his other one is as well, which is why I removed my vote the first time.

Problem is, posting like a townie, by itself, is no more evidence of them being town than not voting for people who end up flipping as town.

Agulati was lynched by 15 people, at minimum half of those were town, since it is doubtful that mafia would all pile on.

Activestick was lynched by 12, again, at minimum half were town for the same reasoning.

It is voting, 'townie posts', plus the other things people do( or try and get others to do) that matter, and the other things he has done have told me that he is more likely mafia than town when compared to any other person right now.

I went through the thread and could find no solid reasoning behind starseed being a townie other than these past couple posts, so I can't change my vote right now.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:47 PM   #1364
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego Man View Post
Vote: HalifaxDrunk
Busy weekend, still going through the thread - want to contribute before hammer.

I am almost certain HD is mafia at this point.
Awesome, now I have a new person to out as Mafia once starseed is gone. Now I need to figure out if you are with starseed in Barrow trying to protect him or part of Parker hoping for both starseed and me gone?
HalifaxDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #1365
Lego Man
Hero

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDrunk View Post
Awesome, now I have a new person to out as Mafia once starseed is gone. Now I need to figure out if you are with starseed in Barrow trying to protect him or part of Parker hoping for both starseed and me gone?
Good luck with that!
Lego Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #1366
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bacon Legs View Post
Okay, I'm ready to cast my vote.

Please keep in mind what I wrote if I should happen to die during the night phase.

Oh, and nothing personal, starseed. I like you, but I think you're mafia.

vote: starseed
I firmly believe that, having shared a romantic bucket of bacon together, you would only do this under duress from others, so I still like you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
Kind of ironic that I am agreeing with the only person who is voting to lynch me at this point, but I agree with that post being way too town. Also, his other one is as well, which is why I removed my vote the first time.

Problem is, posting like a townie, by itself, is no more evidence of them being town than not voting for people who end up flipping as town.

Agulati was lynched by 15 people, at minimum half of those were town, since it is doubtful that mafia would all pile on.

Activestick was lynched by 12, again, at minimum half were town for the same reasoning.

It is voting, 'townie posts', plus the other things people do( or try and get others to do) that matter, and the other things he has done have told me that he is more likely mafia than town when compared to any other person right now.

I went through the thread and could find no solid reasoning behind starseed being a townie other than these past couple posts, so I can't change my vote right now.
I like the reasoning for throwing out 'likely townie post' as evidence for townie late in the game, but there are probably still mafia members out there who aren't playing that well, whose posts provide a lot of tells. Baxter's posts seem that way to me. Devo posted emotions that townies would be feeling as part of his disguise, bizaro tried to stick to other peoples theories that he probably felt were visibly pro town (even if he didnt like it) or safe (no parker mafia). Both bizaro and devo targeted players with low post counts. etc. Taking the time to look through posting history can provide better clues.

As for CC, post pressure posts do not dissuade my hunch, but seem to reinforce it. Ill keep my vote on CC, but Baxter is so far #2.
starseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #1367
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDrunk View Post
Why do you keep saying that I am specifically barrow mafia?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #1368
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I'm looking at CofR right now. He has kind of just been here, and isn't really adding much hunting mafia wise. He keeps mentioning HD and transplant but has never voted for either of them, he has only voted for hmmhmmcamo and agulati.

He just kind of stays in the shadows, popping in here and there. The times he does show up seems to be after we are going at eachother, which seems like he is trying to stay out of the spotlight.

Maybe he can give an explaination why he is kind of coasting along.

Vote: CofR
You're right in that I have kind of just been here... I suppose I haven't done too much investigation and prodding of other people in the thread. Not because I'm trying to stay in the shadows, mainly because I have trouble trying to keep up with the thread, and the game itself is still slightly intimidating to me.

As for both of my votes, hmmhmmcamo was because I was following the only known town member, agulati because I was too suspicious of his slip up that I couldn't let it past. The past day I didn't vote because I didn't feel confident enough in voting against anyone at the time, and to be honest the vote seemed to go through pretty damn quickly.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #1369
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Also to add to my previous post....Are you, or are you not using posting style as criteria for being suspicious?
Haha, this is completely contradictory, but the first post I made earlier on, when there was seemingly less information to judge people on. As the game progressed a bit more I started to feel as if posting style was a poor way to judge people so I changed my way of evaluating and judging posts.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #1370
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
It could also be that CC is Mafia (and thinks I'm Mafia too) and attempting to sneak through this game under the radar by trying to focus all his attention on me and not exposing his vote pattern to scrutiny later in the game.

Something to think about at least.
Except I'm clearly not running under the radar, keep throwing baseless accusations at me to see if they stick.

I've been pretty much at the forefront of this game in terms of activity and in terms of what I'm thinking.

Keep running little mobster.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #1371
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha. Watching CC and Lego Man trade shots sounds like a Mexican standoff between mobsters
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #1372
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I've just gone through this beast of a thread this morning, and that top 7 list of people is who I am most suspicious of being Mafia. The other two are wildcards in my opinion.

Noncomittal? What does that even mean in this game? People can't change their votes or opinions? Okay then, good point?

Keep wasting time on me CC. You couldn't possibly be mafia because a mafia member wouldn't be so stubborn to spend so much time trying to lynch me. It's just inefficient.

Shall I do another random generator vote to keep your juices flowing?
Bunk someone basically puts up a list of what 7 people and you go, yeah that looks good except for one guy, oh and add these two as well.

So basically you're ok with those people because they're not in your mob, you don't do any investigating of your own, you basically just throw in a weight vote on it just to in my mind draw attention to it with mob panic rules.

If your a townie, you are incredibly dangerous and more then likely to kill a bunch of townies before you hit a mob member.

Or your a very smart mafia that knows that all you need to do is cant the vote to someone random that's not in the group.

Logically either way you need to die, and its not going to happen today, because its likely that Starseed is going to turn over dead. But it has to happen soon.

You throw canters in random votes, you completely lied in a post to swing a vote. even today someone throws a list of a bunch of votes up and you're pretty much those guys are good to vote for, oh and add these two for no reason, but I have a minor crotch itch about them so we should vote them to.

The fact that you removed suspicion on one of them now has to make me suspicious of that person and look at them to. The smart thing is to kill you off, and if you flip mob, then we know that the one person that you chose to protect out of the 9 (HD) that you were itching about is in your mob and we kill him next and get a two mob or three mob kill in three nights. The big question to me, is Starseed mob, or are you.

Old 05-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #1373
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Haha. Watching CC and Lego Man trade shots sounds like a Mexican standoff between mobsters
There's only one mob here in this exchange in my mind, and I want to see him die.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:35 PM   #1374
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

I cannot wait for the hall of fame posts after the thread is over:

Timbo: Just do it already!
ineedanother: kill: Timbo

HD vs target du jour

CC vs Lego

It would also be hilarious if Legoman turns out to be town and completely flips mafia
Old 05-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #1375
DropIt
Franchise Player

Exp:

Within the last 2 days, a total of 15 names have been thrown out by Legoman. 11 accusations and 4 decidedly townies in his eyes.

list includes:
myself
CC
Flameswin
Completely
Oling_roachinen
street pharm.
Baxter renegade
HD
CofR
Kermit
Transplant
Aeneas
Undercoverbrother
HG15
strombad

now that the numbers have dwindled and we know that ineedanother is for sure a townie after his vigilante episode, that leaves 4 people that are unnamed including himself

Rathji
CBL
Starseed
Legoman**

I would like to believe that Legoman would mistakenly leave an opening like this in his mafia naming spree. As it stands now, my theory is that two of starseed, rathji and CBL along with himself and yhe recently deceased Devo or Bizaro are all part of a singular family of either of the mafias.
Not to mention how quick he seemed to jump on when Starseed, one of the aforementioned came under fire all pf a sudden.

While nobody can be certain, voting for Legoman is IMO best interest and it could open the doors to shutting down an entire family of one of the mob, although voting for a suspected teammate in Starseed would work just as well. I'm going with the more suspicious one right now

Vote:Legoman
DropIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #1376
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So murder Starseed, if he flips mob, then kill Lego.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #1377
Lego Man
Hero

Exp:

This morning I went through the entire thread, and pretty much started my analysis fresh from the beginning. I entirely dropped all my previous assumptions because there is substantially more information to go on now.

Let it be known, that I strongly stand behind the list I've posted today. Chances are half my list is wrong (just because there are some great players in this game), but I'm sure half is right too.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #1378
Lego Man
Hero

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I'm subscribe to this notion.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:51 PM   #1379
starseed
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
And my flipping town would mean you are suspect #1?
Old 05-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #1380
Lego Man
Hero

Exp:

Quote:
I'm subscribe to this notion.
Nevermind, don't kill starseed - that's counter productive.

Kill someone on my list!

Tags
edmonton is no good , toronto is no good , vancouver is no good , wild west