Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2016, 10:57 PM   #1281
Stud_McCool
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I really hope Tormund survives this battle because Brienne is coming back. It will be an awesome love story.
Stud_McCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:17 PM   #1282
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're likely losing several beloved characters next week.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:10 AM   #1283
Nabber
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamefan74 View Post
2) If Ramsey dies, who will be the villain?
I want Ramsey to be killed, hate him. There are still some good villains, Jamie, Cersei, the Night King, Walder Frey. I'd take Walder Frey being killed next episode also, but really hope the good guys get a win. Or am I expecting too much from GOT?!
Nabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 AM   #1284
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Euron Greyjoy.

The actor has compared the character to Donald Trump. What more do you need?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:40 AM   #1285
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabber View Post
I want Ramsey to be killed, hate him. There are still some good villains, Jamie, Cersei, the Night King, Walder Frey. I'd take Walder Frey being killed next episode also, but really hope the good guys get a win. Or am I expecting too much from GOT?!
I think Ramsay has surpassed Joffrey as more vile and nasty in my eyes. Just imagine what Joffrey could have accomplished if he had been an adult? Yikes. But if they kill Ramsay, who will take his place as the nasty, everyone-hates-them villain? The new Greyjoy?
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 07:45 AM   #1286
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ramsay's villainous style is played out though. They have showed him to be truly awful, at this point are they just going to keep doing it? I think he is ready to be expired. I've got him on deathwatch.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #1287
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ramsay's a dumb character. He's just Mr. Murder. He's a boogeyman without a real associative element for the audience. As a result, he's not very effective. He wasn't like Joffrey, who you wanted to punch. Or like Tywin Lannister who had this fear of authority effect to him. Or like Walder Frey who's a double crossing scumbag. Ramsay doesn't have any real motivation besides being evil.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #1288
Pagal4321
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just can't see them killing off Jon Snow as a cliffhanger to end last season, only to bring him back and kill him again this season.

But then again, this show pretty much does what they want.
Pagal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:17 AM   #1289
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

no kidding, I've said this before, but Ramsey is far too one dimensional in a world filled with rich characters. even Joffrey had other shades to him besides simple cruelty, like when he freaked out during Blackwater, or when Margy manipulated him into being a better public figure and disdainful of Cersei. Tywin was a massive baddie, and I don't even need to explain how deep his character was.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #1290
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think Ser Davos, Tormund, the Giant, and even Ghost are more likely to be killed off in episode 9. The way that they are killing of the mythical creatures in this show feels very similar to LotR with the dawn of the "age of men". Children of the Forest - gone. Giants - almost gone. Dragons - only 3 left, and not likely to all survive the coming war. White Walkers - will be defeated or put back to bed for another thousand years.

As for villains, I think there is plenty without Ramsay. Cersi is about to go full Mad Queen and burn everything to the ground. Daenerys is ready to invade Westeros, kill everyone and tear down their stone houses, Jamie has gone full Lannister, and I'm assuming the White Walkers will make a major appearance in ep10 - The Winds of Winter.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:16 AM   #1291
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I think there's actually some evidence that magic is waking up in their world, not going away.

I think Ramsay is ok as a madman type villain but he's going to need a plan. Everyone on this show seems to have an MO except him. His plan can't be to just defend Winterfell forever, he needs to have a plan of action to be a villain.

That being said, I think that we will eventually see a shift in the show, where the white walkers will become the primary and immediate villain.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 10:23 AM   #1292
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

In reverse, three dragons now after hundreds of years of none, while walkers rising on the north when they were gone for thousands of years, people being raised from the dead, signs in the sky, etc
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:29 AM   #1293
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
no kidding, I've said this before, but Ramsey is far too one dimensional in a world filled with rich characters. even Joffrey had other shades to him besides simple cruelty, like when he freaked out during Blackwater, or when Margy manipulated him into being a better public figure and disdainful of Cersei. Tywin was a massive baddie, and I don't even need to explain how deep his character was.
In order to keep Ramsay compelling, they're going to at least have to change his situation. I could see him surviving, but in a weakened and changed state. Maybe missing a limb or dethroned and acting as a rogue.

If it's just Ramsay hanging onto Winterfell and being one-dimensionally evil, I'd agree, there's not much to that. We've already seen the visceral Theon torture and hound sicking, so without his shock value Ramsay doesn't offer much.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:57 AM   #1294
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Ramsey dies here and the Starks secure the North, we are all happy at the end of episode 9. Than Episode 10 happens, and I'm not sure what will happen and GOTs us. Probably Little Finger screwing over the Starks and taking Sansa and the North my marrying Sansa to her cousin and getting him to exile the ####### Jon.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #1295
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully the major event happens this Sunday, and nothing spoiler worthy happens in E10, as I will be away for 2 weeks and won't be able to watch the final episode. Maybe a nice episode focused on Dorne.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #1296
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the rumor that was mentioned to Cersei is something to do with the High Sparrow and outing him as a fraud. Potentially flipping the table on him and him being imprisoned.
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:29 PM   #1297
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
In reverse, three dragons now after hundreds of years of none, while walkers rising on the north when they were gone for thousands of years, people being raised from the dead, signs in the sky, etc
Dogs and cats living together-MASS HYSTERIA!
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #1298
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Episode 10 will more than likely end with with the Whitewalkers attacking. My guess is they bring down the wall somehow.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #1299
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #1300
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I laughed way too much at that.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote