Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 10:10 AM   #12541
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are we just hoping BUF is unaware of Tkachuk’s contract situation?

BUF would have to give him 8x10 to stay (even then I’m not so sure he would).

If they can’t get a more secure ‘franchise’ player back for Eichel, why shouldn’t they just take the best deal available and offer someone like Krejci 2x10?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2021, 10:21 AM   #12542
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Who are the Oilers offering? Not McDrai. RNH is a UFA. So Puljujarvi or Yamamoto? Who are the Blues offering? They have no young forwards who are anywhere near Tkachuk in ability. Ditto the Caps.

The Panthers, assuming they are eliminated, are thick down the middle assuming they re-sign Bennett. The Habs have no one of note to offer. The Wild have Fiala and that’s it.

Thomas/Kyrou + Dunn

Bennett+knight/Weegar?

McMichael+Martha

Certainly none of these are as good a Chuck, but no control issues

Old 05-25-2021, 10:30 AM   #12543
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames have a decent amount of cap flexibility this next season. 13M with the biggest negotiations being a backup goalie, Dube and Valimaki.

There is also a good chance the Flames clear one of their bad contracts via Seattle. For the first time in a while the Flames can go big game hunting for a UFA.
Old 05-25-2021, 10:43 AM   #12544
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
The Flames have a decent amount of cap flexibility this next season. 13M with the biggest negotiations being a backup goalie, Dube and Valimaki.

There is also a good chance the Flames clear one of their bad contracts via Seattle. For the first time in a while the Flames can go big game hunting for a UFA.
Tkachuk?
Old 05-25-2021, 11:12 AM   #12545
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Tkachuk?

Worded that weird. I meant this off season. The 22/23 off season will be tiiiggghhtttt
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #12546
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tkachuk for Robert Thomas + Sundqvist + 2022 2nd

qui dis absolument, NON!?!?!
Old 05-25-2021, 11:39 AM   #12547
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Washington Capitals pretty much have to trade at least one of Oshie or Kuznetsov otherwise they'll be exposed to Seattle.
I'm guessing it'll be Kuznetsov, who probably has far less value than people think. The team seems to be tired of his antics. Although Oshie's contract is arguably worse.

It'll be interesting to see what they do. If Seattle does get one of them, they'll likely end up being one of the better forwards on the team.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:24 PM   #12548
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Tkachuk for Robert Thomas + Sundqvist + 2022 2nd

qui dis absolument, NON!?!?!
I think St. Louis is a legitimate trade option for Tkachuk. They need a bit of a shake up and they have some cap coming off the books. I don't think they would move Thomas though as he is controlled future piece.

They are also likely to be able to retain Tkachuk long term as well.

I've wondered about a potential Tkachuk for ROR plus a future piece (1st? two 2nds? Dunn?).

ROR has two more years after this than is a UFA. Fits in perfectly with Sutter.

Tkachuk has one more year than is RFA but with the QO issues.

Blues have Schenn locked in REAL long term and have Thomas coming up. They could probably move on from ROR who they will lose when he goes UFA.

ROR, Lindholm, Backlund up the middle is about as perfect a centre group that Sutter could ask for.

See if you can trade Monahan for a winger, maybe for Domi and you have some decent winger pieces (Gaudreau, Domi, Mangiapane, Dube) flanking your strength up the middle.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #12549
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not interested in trading Tkachuk for a 30 year old
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #12550
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blues, gotta get Klim Kostin if youre making a deal with them.
Old 05-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #12551
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I’m Buffalo, then I’m well aware and of Tkachuk’s contract, and that you essentially have control at a decent cap hit for 1 year. I would start by asking for Lindholm and Hanifin for Eichel. Buffalo would need assets under good contract for several years, or futures, depending on the direction they choose to go.
Old 05-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #12552
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Blues, gotta get Klim Kostin if youre making a deal with them.
Your need for the Flames to acquire every somewhat well heralded Russian prospect always fascinates me.

His KHL and AHL stats have been underwheming, and seems to be trending towards being a Bust at this point.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2021, 02:49 PM   #12553
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
From the article:

I have been in favor of acquiring Eichel, but that's far too much for a player who only plays about 60-70 games per season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
I think St. Louis is a legitimate trade option for Tkachuk. They need a bit of a shake up and they have some cap coming off the books. I don't think they would move Thomas though as he is controlled future piece.

They are also likely to be able to retain Tkachuk long term as well.

I've wondered about a potential Tkachuk for ROR plus a future piece (1st? two 2nds? Dunn?).

ROR has two more years after this than is a UFA. Fits in perfectly with Sutter.

Tkachuk has one more year than is RFA but with the QO issues.

Blues have Schenn locked in REAL long term and have Thomas coming up. They could probably move on from ROR who they will lose when he goes UFA.

ROR, Lindholm, Backlund up the middle is about as perfect a centre group that Sutter could ask for.

See if you can trade Monahan for a winger, maybe for Domi and you have some decent winger pieces (Gaudreau, Domi, Mangiapane, Dube) flanking your strength up the middle.
I thought about ROR. Thomas and Tkachuk are buddies from jr, so I can see appeal of joining them up.

MT + Backlund for ROR+

STL could also use Gio, as they seem to be missing the steady presence of Bouwmeester. STL has pretty decent cap flexibility; I wonder if they go after a Krejci/RNH or even just a Stastny/Stepan to free up an ROR move.

I suspect COL and Landeskog have a deal waiting in a desk drawer, but he'd solve a lot of problems for them without giving anything up. Saad or Foligno might fit the bill, too.
Old 05-25-2021, 02:55 PM   #12554
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
Thomas/Kyrou + Dunn

Bennett+knight/Weegar?

McMichael+Martha

Certainly none of these are as good a Chuck, but no control issues

A team like Buffalo can’t trade an Eichel for “this guy is good value, even though you never heard of him”. Buffalo is going to want a splashy name back. None of those fit the bill.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:10 PM   #12555
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Your need for the Flames to acquire every somewhat well heralded Russian prospect always fascinates me.

His KHL and AHL stats have been underwheming, and seems to be trending towards being a Bust at this point.
He actually broke out a bit during the home stretch in the KHL season (most of his points came during this time) before coming back to STL. And he kept it up 8n the playoffs en route to the KHL title.

Hartley loved him..

Yeah its fair to be cautiously optimistic but hes a valuable asset regardless of hesitations.

https://bleedinblue.com/2021/05/03/s...kostin-season/

This adds the context to the stat watching. Honestly i woupdnt have even made mention of it now if it werent for his late season resurgence.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #12556
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Are folks forgetting about the Leafs? If they are eliminated the poster boys will be on the block.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #12557
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Are folks forgetting about the Leafs? If they are eliminated the poster boys will be on the block.
Someone substantial has to come off that team. I really don’t see them letting Hyman walk to keep Nylander for example.
Old 05-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #12558
Drunk Uncle
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
If I’m Buffalo, then I’m well aware and of Tkachuk’s contract, and that you essentially have control at a decent cap hit for 1 year. I would start by asking for Lindholm and Hanifin for Eichel. Buffalo would need assets under good contract for several years, or futures, depending on the direction they choose to go.
Yup. This is exactly where I think Buffalo starts (plus whatever prospects/picks needed to make it work). If I was the flames I'd try to change Lindholm to Monahan. I'd also try to change Hanifin to Anderson or Valimaki because I think Hanifin is the best defender of those 3.
Old 05-25-2021, 05:08 PM   #12559
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Uncle View Post
Yup. This is exactly where I think Buffalo starts (plus whatever prospects/picks needed to make it work). If I was the flames I'd try to change Lindholm to Monahan. I'd also try to change Hanifin to Anderson or Valimaki because I think Hanifin is the best defender of those 3.

Change Lindholm to Monny.

They would then change Eichel to Skinner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2021, 05:17 PM   #12560
hillspeak
Backup Goalie

Exp:

If the Flames could get something for Monahan what about the potential at taking a run at Ryan Nugent-Hopkins? He could certainly slide in behind Lindy as number two Centre.

As he is not signed yet with Oilers that could mean he wants to test open market. Even if Flames don't sign him could help drive up the price the Oilers have to pay. i.e Ryan Smyth
Closed Thread