Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2023, 05:36 PM   #101
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Unfortunately the people of Palestine, who will suffer most, had no choice.

I bet the vast majority of citizens of Gaza and the West Bank are fed up with Hamas and no doubt are scared to death about what's going to happen next. The Israelis too.

Hamas, which of course has no regard for Jewish/Israeli lives, could care less about Palestinian lives as well. They are scum.
Seems like they are quite happy parading in the street
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:38 PM   #102
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Are you that intellectually challenged that you can’t engage with what people actually say? Why do you resort again and again and again to take jeering shots at absurd strawmen of your own invention?
Old 10-07-2023, 05:43 PM   #103
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:
icon57

nm
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:45 PM   #104
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Hamas, which of course has no regard for Jewish/Israeli lives, could care less about Palestinian lives as well. They are scum.
I’m confident that the residents of the apartment towers where the rockets were launched from were not warned beforehand. And Hamas knew full well many of the nearby residents would be killed in counter-strikes. Deliberately using civilians as a shield is contemptible.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 10-07-2023 at 06:24 PM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 05:48 PM   #105
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Coexisted just fine with Egypt? What is your timeframe for believing that? This attack occurred just 50 years after the Yom Kippur war which was Israel vs the Arab world led by Egypt. Israel lost the Sinai Peninsula to Egypt in that war. Sure they have a peace accord now but that is a fairly new occurrence in history.
After the peace treaty was signed. The treaty was signed in 1980.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 05:55 PM   #106
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
LOL only want peace?

Come on. I know you have a connection to the country obviously but you can’t be this naive.

Edit: I know you are not this naive because you have talked about the problems earlier in the thread.
I lived in that country for 12 years.

There are problems, but the vast majority of people in Israel want peace. They're afraid that the peace would be betrayed, and they don't want to give up any more land, like they did in the previous 2 treaties.

The average Israeli citizen didn't want to go to Gaza and murder Palestinians in cold blood, that might have changed after last night events. Right now people want Hamas to pay more than anything else.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 06:02 PM   #107
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

This was clearly not a spontaneous reaction to Israeli oppression. It was a carefully planned and coordinated attack instigated by Iran and Hezbollah, who are desperate that Israel not make peace with its Arab neighbours. The Palestinians - who when all is said and done will suffer the lion’s share of suffering in the conflict - are being played as patsies.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 06:08 PM   #108
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
I lived in that country for 12 years.

There are problems, but the vast majority of people in Israel want peace. They're afraid that the peace would be betrayed, and they don't want to give up any more land, like they did in the previous 2 treaties.

The average Israeli citizen didn't want to go to Gaza and murder Palestinians in cold blood, that might have changed after last night events. Right now people want Hamas to pay more than anything else.
I am sure the average Israeli doesn’t but that doesn’t mean much when those in power routinely brutalize innocent Palestinians in the land that is rightfully theirs.

I doubt the average Palestinian is happy about the Hamas attacks but they will be the ones who feel the horrible effects.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 06:21 PM   #109
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I am sure the average Israeli doesn’t but that doesn’t mean much when those in power routinely brutalize innocent Palestinians in the land that is rightfully theirs.

I doubt the average Palestinian is happy about the Hamas attacks but they will be the ones who feel the horrible effects.
Considering Islamic Jihad is rampant in Gaza your last point is so incorrect. You clearly have a very distant view of what actually is occurring on the ground. They were parading a mutilated body and celebrating in the streets. Not Hamas, Palestinians. With their children. Like a holiday. Same people who were dancing in the streets during 9/11. They voted Hamas in and if they allowed for elections in the west Bank Hamas would win the election there too.
Old 10-07-2023, 06:25 PM   #110
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1710798802796585243
Old 10-07-2023, 06:39 PM   #111
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

The situation over there is so terrible. The history of back and forth will never stop. Yesterday's actions by Hamas need to be condemned, but Israel isn't some consistently moral player here by any means as some try to paint them as. The UN has already found before that Israel forces torture detained Palestinian children (since we're talking about torturing kids), not to mention how they deny Palestinians to health care and clean water as someone else mentioned.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 06:42 PM   #112
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
Considering Islamic Jihad is rampant in Gaza your last point is so incorrect. You clearly have a very distant view of what actually is occurring on the ground. They were parading a mutilated body and celebrating in the streets. Not Hamas, Palestinians. With their children. Like a holiday. Same people who were dancing in the streets during 9/11. They voted Hamas in and if they allowed for elections in the west Bank Hamas would win the election there too.
Considering people blocked a border crossing and blocked downtown Ottawa I guess Canadians all want Trudeau locked up for crimes against humanity in your world.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:28 PM   #113
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Cool.

Now, care to answer the question?

Literally thousands of rockets have been targeted at your civilians, hundreds dead and thousands injured.

You know where they were launched from and where they will be launched from again.

You are responsible for the safety of those still there....what do you do to make sure that happens?
I did answer the question. Why are you skirting their responsibility to the people they’re occupying? Why is the Jenin incursion “cool” to you? War crimes aren’t “cool,” there are rules in war for a reason, and just because one side (terrorists) isn’t playing by those rules doesn’t mean that the other side (not terrorists) can decide to do the same. Are they any better at that point?

Innocent civilians on both sides are the majority of the victims, regardless of who is attacking. Why are you shrugging your shoulders when it’s one dead and not the other?
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:34 PM   #114
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I did answer the question. Why are you skirting their responsibility to the people they’re occupying? Why is the Jenin incursion “cool” to you? War crimes aren’t “cool,” there are rules in war for a reason, and just because one side (terrorists) isn’t playing by those rules doesn’t mean that the other side (not terrorists) can decide to do the same. Are they any better at that point?

Innocent civilians on both sides are the majority of the victims, regardless of who is attacking. Why are you shrugging your shoulders when it’s one dead and not the other?
Not even close, but i am not surprised in the least.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:38 PM   #115
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by Beninho; 05-07-2024 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:42 PM   #116
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ya Israel mutualizes citizens, parades them around in the streets, and abducts women, children elderly. Innocent Women are being raped in Gaza currently, does the IDF do this? One could only imagine what these animals would do with an actual state. Oh wait we can, look at syria. Scum of the earth society. The only country in the region with any sense of decency is Israel.

One side has morals, the others does not. Clear as day to see
Quote:
Ah ya, lets talk about the Palestinians. A society that permits rape, child soldiers, human shields, no women rights, and indoctrination to kill jews from the moment they are born have morals? Should we talk about the rampant sex slave trade in the arab world? Shall I go on. What an idiotic statement
Hamas and their supporters are no different than ISIS, true hateful savages.

Islam needs to fix the cruel side of their religion or they'll never be truly welcomed in the rest of the world.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2023, 07:44 PM   #117
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Dude the entire population is celebrating. I could show you thousands of snapchat videos with Palestinians parading in the streets with hamas flags. You are living in la la land. This is a society who is brainwashed from infancy to vehemently hate Jews. But they should negotiate and show restraint with these animals? Sure. Making such a ridiculous comparison shows me you’ve never stepped foot in the middle east or had a discussion with an Islamist. It is a rampant ideology in the middle east and I promise you the average Palestinian is not upset by these attacks.
LOL

I love how you make blanket wrong statements about someone you know nothing about.

But sure keep making your stupid comments.
Old 10-07-2023, 07:45 PM   #118
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
LOL

I love how you make blanket wrong statements about someone you know nothing about.

But sure keep making your stupid comments.
It’s Easy to see
Old 10-07-2023, 07:46 PM   #119
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Not even close, but i am not surprised in the least.
Apologies, honestly did not think that “don’t do war crimes” and “protect the people you’re occupying” were not good enough answers. Let me go research some military tactics and respond to your post on a hockey message board with my full strategy. Would hate to disappoint.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 07:52 PM   #120
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
It’s Easy to see
LOL

"You have never been to the Middle East" is easy to see on a message board?

You really are as clueless as you come off. I thought maybe it was just emotion but nope straight up stupidity.