Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2023, 11:34 AM   #10461
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
They have abandoned fines? A good pegging will definitely get me to stop on yellow. Maybe.
Some people, it'll only encourage them.
TorqueDog is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 01:13 PM   #10462
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I don't know what comprises a tip worthy job and a non-tip worthy job. It shouldn't be simply supplying a service, because no one tips at the grocery, and those people get paid in dirt.

If a service is covered by insurance, asking for a tip would feel like panhandling, to me.
It pretty much is. With the cost of living rising seemingly everyday and with every service/product, there's no f'ing way I am tipping for a damn massage that is already paid for. Hand in my pocket everywhere I go. I'm only tipping the guy who cuts my hair and people who serve me food/beverages at a table. Nothing else. Especially not the therapist who spent an hour massaging me only to not shut up the entire time about Trudeau, oil and gas, green energy, and other stupid things cringe-worthy topics.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 01:21 PM   #10463
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
It pretty much is. With the cost of living rising seemingly everyday and with every service/product, there's no f'ing way I am tipping for a damn massage that is already paid for. Hand in my pocket everywhere I go. I'm only tipping the guy who cuts my hair and people who serve me food/beverages at a table. Nothing else. Especially not the therapist who spent an hour massaging me only to not shut up the entire time about Trudeau, oil and gas, green energy, and other stupid things cringe-worthy topics.
Ahahahaha!!! I'm sorry...but that sounds like epic Hell and hilarious at the same time.

Maybe they're the greatest Masseuse in the world and making you feel great, but at the same time they're a Q-anon nut...oh the irony...its delicious.

Its not like you can go anywhere...oh that is hilarious and awful all at once.

Of all the people...the massage therapist..."well...goddammit."

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:37 PM   #10464
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a similar experience with a dental hygienist a few months ago. You can't say anything, obviously, and just have to sit and listen to them ramble on about conspiracy after conspiracy. She wasn't going to the Stampede because Calgary is too liberal. She wasn't going to eat bugs, and it didn't matter what Trudeau was planning.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 01:37 PM   #10465
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Insurance companies/benefits providers

i was approved for 1000 dollar refund/rebate on a 3000 repair on my old house. They sent a cheque on aug 24th as i didnt have my auto deposit filled in. I did so a week later. The cheque was lost, I assumed I had it deposited so I didn't really pay attention. Because I'm leaving soon I wanted to double check I got my money, and, I didn't see it. I called yesterday and was on hold for 90 minutes, then it hung up on me saying they were too busy, try again.

I call today, and the lady was like "oh yes we noticed the cheque wasnt cashed, we cancelled it after 30 days".

Oh ok, are you now sending it again or just putting it thru to my bank?

"I will do that now for you".

It's not their fault Canada Post lost the cheque, but, to cancel the cheque and not to re issue to my bank file online , and I guess hope I never notice, is incredibly sleazy behaviour.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:46 PM   #10466
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Ahahahaha!!! I'm sorry...but that sounds like epic Hell and hilarious at the same time.

Maybe they're the greatest Masseuse in the world and making you feel great, but at the same time they're a Q-anon nut...oh the irony...its delicious.

Its not like you can go anywhere...oh that is hilarious and awful all at once.

Of all the people...the massage therapist..."well...goddammit."
Yeah, all I could do was just hum my agreement to her with each statement. Not like I'm in a position to debate with her, and I sure and hell aren't in the mood to do that while my back is having orgasmic feelings going through it.

My wife got her massage today and her lady didn't speak the entire time. I will request her next time.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 01:53 PM   #10467
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I had a similar experience with a dental hygienist a few months ago. You can't say anything, obviously, and just have to sit and listen to them ramble on about conspiracy after conspiracy. She wasn't going to the Stampede because Calgary is too liberal. She wasn't going to eat bugs, and it didn't matter what Trudeau was planning.
Man, I'd almost take that for a visit just so I didn't have to hear about my hygienist's daughters' soccer teams. Just accidentally brush your breasts against my forehead a couple times and we'll call it a day. That's all I'm here for. No talking necessary.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 02:30 PM   #10468
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
Yeah, all I could do was just hum my agreement to her with each statement. Not like I'm in a position to debate with her, and I sure and hell aren't in the mood to do that while my back is having orgasmic feelings going through it.

My wife got her massage today and her lady didn't speak the entire time. I will request her next time.
"Uh huh...Trudeau...his wife found out he was a Lizard-Man...yep...thats what happened...for suresies."

"Oil doesnt actually do anything? Its all just magic? Yeah...I've heard that too..."

"You know John Bilderburger? I was just chatting with him the other day! Yeah, we're planning on conquering Djibouti and annexing it with the Moon!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 02:36 PM   #10469
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Man, I'd almost take that for a visit just so I didn't have to hear about my hygienist's daughters' soccer teams. Just accidentally brush your breasts against my forehead a couple times and we'll call it a day. That's all I'm here for. No talking necessary.
Their efforts at familiarity are pretty comical.

“So how are the kids doing? Is…[looks at screen] Lisa still in gymnastics?”
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 03:18 PM   #10470
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Their efforts at familiarity are pretty comical.

“So how are the kids doing? Is…[looks at screen] Lisa still in gymnastics?”
Nah, but she has an onlyfans now. Leave that one for your wife.
fotze2 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 04:02 PM   #10471
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Insurance companies/benefits providers

i was approved for 1000 dollar refund/rebate on a 3000 repair on my old house. They sent a cheque on aug 24th as i didnt have my auto deposit filled in. I did so a week later. The cheque was lost, I assumed I had it deposited so I didn't really pay attention. Because I'm leaving soon I wanted to double check I got my money, and, I didn't see it. I called yesterday and was on hold for 90 minutes, then it hung up on me saying they were too busy, try again.

I call today, and the lady was like "oh yes we noticed the cheque wasnt cashed, we cancelled it after 30 days".

Oh ok, are you now sending it again or just putting it thru to my bank?

"I will do that now for you".

It's not their fault Canada Post lost the cheque, but, to cancel the cheque and not to re issue to my bank file online , and I guess hope I never notice, is incredibly sleazy behaviour.
That's dumb and that's an issue with the way they operate.

When my car was written off, I literally got approx $4500 e-transfer sent to my email address to deposit into my account once I had inputted the correct password.

The insurance adjustor I got told me they could do cheques, but it'd probably be hell to do it that way vs the e-transfer to directly deposit into my account. E-transfer he said was faster and less hassle/BS. He said he'd contribute to making my life hell too if I requested a cheque because it was hell for them. Furthermore, because it was a high value cheque, it needed to be registered mail/tracking requiring my ID to pick up... and they'd reduce the payout by that fee plus an admin fee for processing a cheque (no fee for e-transfer).
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 07:54 PM   #10472
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Retirement?

I subscribe to the belief that I am of the 'Dead at my Desk' Generation.

Because thats where they'll find me.
Me Too!
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigtmac19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2023, 09:43 PM   #10473
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

#### Shell gas stations. Ruining the sanctity of pumping gas with blaring commercials at the pumps. Is no space safe.
Old 10-17-2023, 11:03 PM   #10474
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
#### Shell gas stations. Ruining the sanctity of pumping gas with blaring commercials at the pumps. Is no space safe.
That’s been happening in the States for years.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 09:40 AM   #10475
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lawyers.

My lawyer for our house purchase sucks at communication. We are closing on our new house in 2 days, and he emails me today saying that there is something about our insurance he wants us to fix up, the part of the lender. I sent this file to him 2 weeks ago to review, so now I had to scramble before work to get a hold of cooperators. Who thankfully took care of it in 5 minutes.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2023, 10:28 AM   #10476
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Lawyers.

My lawyer for our house purchase sucks at communication. We are closing on our new house in 2 days, and he emails me today saying that there is something about our insurance he wants us to fix up, the part of the lender. I sent this file to him 2 weeks ago to review, so now I had to scramble before work to get a hold of cooperators. Who thankfully took care of it in 5 minutes.
I've only ever bought three houses, and I found mistakes made by my lawyer on two of them. One of them had the someone else's RPP and title attached to my pile of paperwork. For what they charge it is maddening.
InglewoodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InglewoodFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2023, 10:50 AM   #10477
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81MC View Post
Agreed, and the tune is annoyingly catchy. Although with the Shell app, it's nice to pull up next to a pump and then from without getting out of your car, select the pump # and then just get out and start filling up without having to touch the screen at all. Your AMA discount and Air Miles # are already in the app. This is really handy in the winter when it's freezing cold.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2023, 10:53 AM   #10478
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

But Shell gives me a sweet AMA discount.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 12:46 PM   #10479
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
But Shell gives me a sweet AMA discount.
(* up to 75 liters)

If you want to fill up your large truck or SUV, you're doing the purchase and fill-up cycle twice.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2023, 12:49 PM   #10480
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
(* up to 75 liters)

If you want to fill up your large truck or SUV, you're doing the purchase and fill-up cycle twice.
1st world problems

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote