Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2023, 01:57 PM   #9981
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho0978 View Post
But if Huberdeau regains is form, that is a steal of a deal for Montreal.
If... or he's a 10.5 million dollar waste of cap space. That's a career ending bet for a GM to make for a guy who looks like damaged goods second year in a row.
Saqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:00 PM   #9982
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
Minor trade.

Calen Addison from the Wild to the Sharks, for Adam Raska and a draft pick.

https://www.nhl.com/sharks/news/shar...fth-round-pick
Don't get that deal for the Wild, Addison is a decent player, Raska is crap and the pick is nothing either.

Unless I am missing Addison making a ton which makes no sense.
Spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:01 PM   #9983
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
So the trade for Tkachuck is for cap space, great trade
Something something sunk cost fallacy dark side something rebuild NUKE IT TO THE MOON
Old 11-08-2023, 02:02 PM   #9984
CroCop
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs View Post
Don't get that deal for the Wild, Addison is a decent player, Raska is crap and the pick is nothing either.

He’s not a good person. They probably figured it out like they did in Lethbridge
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:03 PM   #9985
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Minnesota was benching Addison last year for not being able to defend at 5v5, they did pretty well to get anything back. Especially with Spurgeon coming back and Faber looking good.

They also just traded a 7th to TB for Bogosian.

https://www.startribune.com/wild-tra...ger/600318219/
butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:05 PM   #9986
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Minnesota was benching Addison last year for not being able to defend at 5v5, they did pretty well to get anything back. Especially with Spurgeon coming back and Faber looking good.

They also just traded a 7th to TB for Bogosian.

https://www.startribune.com/wild-tra...ger/600318219/
They didn't get anything back though, and there are much worse defenders 5 on 5.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:06 PM   #9987
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
He’s not a good person. They probably figured it out like they did in Lethbridge
I never heard anything about that, but considering the people this group thinks are "good" not sure I trust their judgement on anything.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:08 PM   #9988
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
They didn't get anything back though, and there are much worse defenders 5 on 5.
They're going to play Bogosian instead of Addison until Spurgeon can come back and upgraded from a 7th to a 5th. Can't complain.
butterfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:09 PM   #9989
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Right. But Jonathan is on the record as saying it's a tough spot for native Quebecers. And if he's having trouble adjusting to a Cdn market after FLA, I can't see MTL being a better fit that way. *shrugs*
I guess he has to weigh how bad it is for him here as opposed to how bad or good it could be for him in Montreal or elsewhere.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:10 PM   #9990
Spurs
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
They're going to play Bogosian instead of Addison until Spurgeon can come back and upgraded from a 7th to a 5th. Can't complain.
I am not a Wild fan but if I were I would definitely complain about playing Bogosian ahead of Addison. Although ultimately doesn't change much for them, just odd to see them giving up a ok-ish player for nothing.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:12 PM   #9991
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
My view is, if a player requests a trade and really just wants out he'd waive it. I think voiding it is a step to far.
In practice players have demanded trades and then rejected a trade because its not where they want to go (Heatley to Edmonton being an example, though obviously in that case it should be considered a perfectly reasonable request)
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:15 PM   #9992
Macho0978
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqe View Post

If... or he's a 10.5 million dollar waste of cap space. That's a career ending bet for a GM to make for a guy who looks like damaged goods second year in a row.
Anderson and Gallagher are serious dead weight contracts for 3 more years as well. Huberdeau isn’t done.
Macho0978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:20 PM   #9993
CroCop
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I am not a Wild fan but if I were I would definitely complain about playing Bogosian ahead of Addison. Although ultimately doesn't change much for them, just odd to see them giving up a ok-ish player for nothing.
Because most teams value character
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:23 PM   #9994
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec214 View Post
There was a meeting held today after practice/team meetings this morning. It's believed to between Management, Jonathan and his agent Allan Walsh.

The player agent requested the meeting.

I don't believe a trade request was put in directly but I wonder if a straws are starting to be drawn.
It’s this type of stuff where Huberdeau is making things very hard for the fanbase to get behind him.

Taking it to your agent and going about it this way is like telling the teacher on the bully. At some point, you’re going to need to confront the problem yourself.
howard_the_duck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:26 PM   #9995
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard_the_duck View Post
It’s this type of stuff where Huberdeau is making things very hard for the fanbase to get behind him.

Taking it to your agent and going about it this way is like telling the teacher on the bully. At some point, you’re going to need to confront the problem yourself.
Do you think he had to raise it with his agent?
Walsh is the most aggressive agent in the NHL when it comes to defending his players.

I have no issue with agent, player, and management having open lines of communication, particularly if the starting premise was "look we all agree this isn't working, so how do we change that".

Confront the problem. I have no issue with that.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:28 PM   #9996
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nah, I don't think this is Hubedreau running to tattle on the meany coach and more of feeling out what parameters Calgary would operate under for a trade or some kind of solution to get Huberdeau going. If Allan Walsh can somehow find a trade that fits for Calgary and Huberdeau than I am sure everyone would shake hands and say thanks for the try and move on.

I don't think a trade is possible but if there is one out there it will have a lot of moving parts involving cap dumps. I can't imagine Edwards will retain for 7 years when he barely retains on expiring deals.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:29 PM   #9997
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard_the_duck View Post

What?!

Couldn't disagree more. That's what an agent is for. They're all trying to collaborate on a solution. Also if you're being bullied why wouldn't you tell the teacher? Should you just buy a gun and shoot your bully instead?
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 02:30 PM   #9998
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I suspect whether Huberdeau initiated with Walsh or not, he could have put a stop to it.

Yes, I think the agent getting involved is disruptive. I agree the team should openly deal with the matter, but the agent shouldn’t be involved IMO.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:31 PM   #9999
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
What?!

Couldn't disagree more. That's what an agent is for. They're all trying to collaborate on a solution. Also if you're being bullied why wouldn't you tell the teacher? Should you just buy a gun and shoot your bully instead?
Easy now. That’s quite a leap from what I said.
Old 11-08-2023, 02:31 PM   #10000
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why shouldn't the agent be involved. They hunt for trades on the down low for clients when they want a change.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote