Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2014, 09:30 PM   #81
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post

The irony of you saying this!
Go on.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #82
Brando
Farm Team Player

Exp:

As far as I remember Burke said something about Sven not competing in all three zones and that he may only focus or know about competing in one of them. Then Feaster said something similar. I always thought the whole Sven was sulking about having to go to Penticton was actually from a poster here on CP that claimed to have inside info. I could be wrong.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brando For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #83
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

uhh, none of those articles have management even suggesting he has a bad attitude.

They talk about Burke not being impressed with his play in all three zones, Sven being disappointed in being demoted (because of course), then later in the season Burke saying his offensive game isn't where it should be but his three zone play has increased dramatically.

Quote:
“There are three zones in the ice surfaces in this league. I don’t see that he’s learned to play and compete in two of them. He’s got to learn there’s a clock in this league and there’s so many minutes in the game and that you’ve got to compete through all of it. I see this is a guy who’s focusing on one area [scoring] and even then, sporadically,” Burke said. “So I don’t know what we have.
That is literally the harshest thing said in any of those articles.

If those are what you built your "bad attitude/whiner" case on, then I'm actually embarrassed for you.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:38 PM   #84
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Go on.
Exactly.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #85
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

haha what?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #86
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly.
Might be the weirdest response in Calgarypuck history.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #87
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
If those are what you built your "bad attitude/whiner" case on, then I'm actually embarrassed for you.
Where the hell did the whiner thing come from? Who said that? My comments about Baertschi and his attitude have been limited to his failure to compete in the development camp and the prospects tournament, comments that were also brought up back around camp. There was an air of entitlement at the time, which faded as the season opened and he got kicked around by management. I actually think Baertschi has done a great job in taking the demotion in stride and doing what he can to improve his game. I see his problem now is he has been passed by multiple players on the depth chart. He is going to have to come to camp in the fall and really turn some heads because he now has a lot more competition.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #88
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The two threads where they all live are linked in this thread. Feel free to let your fingers do the walking.
Quote:
That's not how it works.

Make a claim, back it up.
Quote:

The irony of you saying this!
Quote:
Go on.
Quote:
Exactly.
Just quoted the entire thing to record, what might be, the most insane back and forth I've ever had here. The "exactly" makes no sense whatsoever and actually continues to prove my point.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:56 PM   #89
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just quoted the entire thing to record, what might be, the most insane back and forth I've ever had here. The "exactly" makes no sense whatsoever and actually continues to prove my point.
I was actually poking fun at you, the master of the one or two word response.

To the point, you're one of the last people to back up anything you post. If you are so certain someone is wrong you are free to go ahead and prove it. I know, I know, that is too much work. Much easier to just claim something doesn't exist, stamp your feet, make noise and try to distract from the fact you have even less to back up your claim.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #90
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I was actually poking fun at you, the master of the one or two word response.

To the point, you're one of the last people to back up anything you post. If you are so certain someone is wrong you are free to go ahead and prove it. I know, I know, that is too much work. Much easier to just claim something doesn't exist, stamp your feet, make noise and try to distract from the fact you have even less to back up your claim.
You're just continuing to prove my point. I consistently back up the posts I make. I've never knowingly ran from a discussion, right or wrong. I've never made a claim and said "now you prove me wrong!". Perhaps there are times I've been asked something and didn't answer but if I make a point, always try my best to either know what I'm talking about, or back it up.

Again, prove what you say, stop with the accusations, and prove something.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #91
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can we all just agree that Sven doesn't have attitude problems and get along?
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:00 PM   #92
saXon
First Line Centre

Exp:

saXon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saXon For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:05 PM   #93
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
uhh, none of those articles have management even suggesting he has a bad attitude.

They talk about Burke not being impressed with his play in all three zones, Sven being disappointed in being demoted (because of course), then later in the season Burke saying his offensive game isn't where it should be but his three zone play has increased dramatically.

That is literally the harshest thing said in any of those articles.

Quote:
Baertschi, the Flames’ first pick in the 2011 draft, has played parts of two seasons in the NHL. There were some people who thought the 20-year-old took too much for granted this September, and, as a result, didn’t compete nearly hard enough to earn his place. Baertschi did survive the final cuts, but the jury is still out on how much and how well he will play this year.
Bad attitude, or doesn't compete nearly hard enough. Take your choice but what I saw in Penticton, he looked disinterested. When I saw him in Abbotsford a few weeks ago he looked involved in the play the way he should be. He just wasn't as offensively effective as his first year in Abbotsford. This could be because a lot more is being asked of him. I hope he comes to camp next season and blows the doors off of all his critics but I won't hold my breath. Right now Paul Byron is the better player.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM   #94
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

"some people"

The Fox News method of hiding opinion as reporting.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #95
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Bad attitude, or doesn't compete nearly hard enough. Take your choice but what I saw in Penticton, he looked disinterested. When I saw him in Abbotsford a few weeks ago he looked involved in the play the way he should be. He just wasn't as offensively effective as his first year in Abbotsford. This could be because a lot more is being asked of him. I hope he comes to camp next season and blows the doors off of all his critics but I won't hold my breath.
Bad attitude is plenty different then what you're saying though. I do think Sven has a problem getting down on himself but I don't think it's a "bad" attitude.

Quote:
Right now Paul Byron is the better player.
Yeah, so?

Not to be flippant about it but he's 4 years older then Sven and has 5 years of pro experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #96
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
"some people"

The Fox News method of hiding opinion as reporting.
Take it up with Eric Duhatsheck.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #97
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You're just continuing to prove my point. I consistently back up the posts I make. I've never knowingly ran from a discussion, right or wrong. I've never made a claim and said "now you prove me wrong!". Perhaps there are times I've been asked something and didn't answer but if I make a point, always try my best to either know what I'm talking about, or back it up.

Again, prove what you say, stop with the accusations, and prove something.
Really? So when you say, "Make a claim, back it up" that is not you saying your position is correct and you don't have to prove it? How about we play that game with you. You are claiming Baertschi doesn't have any attitude issues or displayed attitude problems around development camp and the prospects tournament. Well, prove it. Please present concrete proof that management did not think he had attitude problems around that time frame. Back it up.

Quote:
Can we all just agree that Sven doesn't have attitude problems and get along?
Possibly, on both accounts.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:12 PM   #98
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Take it up with Eric Duhatsheck.
I'm not sure how I'd do that, but really, what does "some people" even mean?

Some people in the organization? Some people at the concession stand? Some people on a message forum? Some people you were sitting next to in the crowd? Some other reporters?

There's no legitimacy to that and I'm actually surprised Duhatschek would do that.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:14 PM   #99
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Really? So when you say, "Make a claim, back it up" that is not you saying your position is correct and you don't have to prove it? How about we play that game with you. You are claiming Baertschi doesn't have any attitude issues or displayed attitude problems around development camp and the prospects tournament. Well, prove it. Please present concrete proof that management did not think he had attitude problems around that time frame. Back it up
You're asking me to prove a negative?

The onus is on the person making the claim, the burden of proof is on you. You can't just turn it around and make it an appeal to ignorance. I think you've gone full loony here. That's not the way it works, on Calgarypuck or in life.

Also..
Quote:
Really? So when you say, "Make a claim, back it up" that is not you saying your position is correct and you don't have to prove it?
No, it isn't. It's asking the person who said something to back it up with evidence.

Last edited by MrMastodonFarm; 03-25-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:15 PM   #100
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Bad attitude is plenty different then what you're saying though. I do think Sven has a problem getting down on himself but I don't think it's a "bad" attitude.

Yeah, so?

Not to be flippant about it but he's 4 years older then Sven and has 5 years of pro experience.
I'm not saying he's telling his coach to shove it but if entitlement is a bad attitude than IMO he's been guilty.

Other prospects have passed him and he needs to earn his spot. Feaster no longer is able to protect him.