Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2018, 10:32 AM   #921
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Don't know, not a lawyer, and its probably not worth suing her anyways and dragging this out. The smart move is to let what's happening happening, which is she's getting racked across the coals by the same establishment (news) that has jumped whole heartedly on other cases of men abusing woman. If I was Aziz I would double down with saying, I apologized, I felt bad that I didn't understand her non verbal signals. Leave it at that.

It's a tough call, on one hand I want him to sue her because what she did was wrong and it can reflect badly on him. It is ironic because he just released a book a year or so ago called "Modern Romance". So given this fact and given the court of social media opinion is clearly swinging in the favor of women right now, he might get trampled just for speaking up and calling out this horsecrap. I don't think right now she will be raked over the coals because people are so focused on demonizing the actions of men right now. (This is kind of what I was trying to get at in my posts that there are two things going on here). Yes I think that is one way to go, apologizing and saying he did not read her verbal cues....on the other hand I would not react that way to the article, but I would be hard pressed to answer how I would react to it now.

They're all working for the best benefit of themselves. The only way that there is any filter out is if these celebrities, men and woman get caught doing the very thing that they are crying out against. Ie Streep or Oprah get caught on camera drunkenly calling a police officer "Suger %%%%".

Agreed.

this might sound scornful, but whatever. But Jamie Lee Curtis should have come forward or worked with Eliza to come forward and supported her openly. This is a 12 year old girl being harmed. To me Jamie Lee talking about talking a motherly role on the set rings as a bit hypocritical. And depending on when Eliza confided in her, it might have been before the ability to prosecute had expired.

Sadly instead, it reads like those terrible cases of child molestation where the other parents doesn't believe the child or ignores it.

To me and my cynic alert badge is flashing, Jamie Lee's co-opt piece is pure and simple spin. If she had been a "Mother" when Eliza confided in her, she should have gone to the police or Eliza's parents or anything.

She might have saved Dushka years of self medication and pain.

Agreed.
I have responded in red, thanks for answering those questions I appreciate it.

Last edited by Hockeyboy2; 01-15-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Hockeyboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #922
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Future dates of famous people. No confusion of whats expected.

NSFW language

Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zevo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #923
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
Future dates of famous people. No confusion of whats expected.

NSFW language

"I love J-Date"

Bwaahhahahahaha!!
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #924
snootchiebootchies
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have to think some of those first date rules of thumb we learned in University and during our early-20s (never sleep with someone on the first date, confine the date to a neutral/public location, do not get drunk on the first date, etc.) would have helped both parties in the unfortunate Anzari case.

But the woman may have been comfortable going to Anzari's place because she thinks she knows him already because of his TV/public persona (funny, witty, harmless). This may have contributed to her discomfort because the real Aziz is likely not the same person as the TV Aziz.
snootchiebootchies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:59 PM   #925
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think you need to see someone on TV to go back to their place on a first date....What is this the 1950s?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:18 PM   #926
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

...... see post below.

Last edited by Hockeyboy2; 01-15-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #927
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
I have to think some of those first date rules of thumb we learned in University and during our early-20s (never sleep with someone on the first date, confine the date to a neutral/public location, do not get drunk on the first date, etc.) would have helped both parties in the unfortunate Anzari case.

But the woman may have been comfortable going to Anzari's place because she thinks she knows him already because of his TV/public persona (funny, witty, harmless). This may have contributed to her discomfort because the real Aziz is likely not the same person as the TV Aziz.
Rules of thumb are for people who need their thumb to tell them what to do. I do most of the decision making and talking out of my bum, but it has become a knowledgeable bum over the years and a lot less stinky.

One thing I have learned is that everything is situational, there are times where you can definitely sleep with a woman on the first date, meet at your apartment and even get completely hammered. There are of course times where all of the above that we both mentioned is completely unacceptable. Its all about reading the situation correctly and reading how much the girl is in to you.....and knowing how to act like an attractive man yourself....all in all it is about knowing attraction and understanding people skills.

The woman agreeing to go to Aziz house is nothing but nativity for that woman if she thinks she somehow knows him because of TV. This is not up to Aziz this is up to her to make the decision that she feels comfortable with.

Also I re read the article and darn for a guy who wrote a book called "modern romance" his seduction skills SUCK and definitely contributed to the train wreck which is that date. You let her come to you, you do not glom all over her.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:25 PM   #928
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyboy2 View Post
You let her come to you, you do not glom all over her.
What do you do then if you are dating a woman who prefers a man to take charge? Prefers that the man initiates? By your little rule there, she's waiting for him to move, he's waiting for her to move...no one moves, no one's happy. Another 'bad' date...
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:26 PM   #929
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also make sure you wear a fuzzy hat/light up necklace/ski-goggles/other peacock item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:28 PM   #930
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
What do you do then if you are dating a woman who prefers a man to take charge? Prefers that the man initiates? By your little rule there, she's waiting for him to move, he's waiting for her to move...no one moves, no one's happy. Another 'bad' date...
You are taking charge in this example because your body language will take charge. Leaned back against the couch, arms spread over top of couch, your legs spread out, and having your one arm at back of couch behind her. You let her spoon into you at her pace, remember always dominant body language.

Women love aggressive and dominant men, aggressive and dominant men don't glom onto a woman or show insecurity so often displayed by guys who want it too much. Glomming on to some women who you barely know or sending some woman dick picks are examples of extremely insecure and deeply unattractive behavior.

I wasn't going to get into this because I figured y'all would not want to hear me talking about dominant body language.

Last edited by Hockeyboy2; 01-15-2018 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:31 PM   #931
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Nick Marshall (Hockeyboy2) gets a whole new outlook on life when a fluke accident gives him the ability to read women's minds. At first, this "gift" provides Nick with way too much information, but he begins to realize that he can use it to good effect.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #932
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Also make sure you wear a fuzzy hat/light up necklace/ski-goggles/other peacock item.

People often mistake talk about acting like an attractive man (like its some taboo) and the cheese which is pickup artistry.

Pickup Artistry is an insecure schtik while being an attractive man is presenting yourself and coming across as an attractive person and I think everyone can benefit by improving themselves in this area. You are definitely not alone.

Last edited by Hockeyboy2; 01-15-2018 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #933
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Nick Marshall (Hockeyboy2) gets a whole new outlook on life when a fluke accident gives him the ability to read women's minds. At first, this "gift" provides Nick with way too much information, but he begins to realize that he can use it to good effect.
I like that name Nick Marshall, damn now I cannot use it in a book because you own the naming rights. Oh well Troutman, at least I am still up for that CP Razzie you nominated me for.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #934
Canehdianman
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I like that name Nick Marshall, damn now I cannot use it in a book because you own the naming rights. Oh well Troutman, at least I am still up for that CP Razzie you nominated me for.
He truly knows What Women Want.
Canehdianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canehdianman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 02:47 PM   #935
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also don't waste your time with anything below an HB8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:49 PM   #936
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
He truly knows What Women Want.
LOL "What Women Want" with Mel Gibson right? I had forgotten all about that movie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 02:57 PM   #937
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Also don't waste your time with anything below an HB8.
A persons value and your willingness to spend time with them should not be based on their looks.

You can argue all day who is more superficial men or women. It is a reality in this world that both genders are superficial.

Me I treat all people with the same courtesy, charm and banter whether they are a CEO or a janitor, whether they are the shye nerdy computer geek or the all star jock and aurator. Whether it's a girl I am interested in dating or a girl I am not interested in dating when I first meet someone its the same charm that says hey "I'm hockeyboy2 its good to meet you"

That's part of why I think people in my real life gravitate to talking to me so much. That's ironic given that I am currently talking to strangers on an online message board!

Last edited by Hockeyboy2; 01-15-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:08 PM   #938
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just got here! What the hell is happening?
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #939
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You are taking charge in this example because your body language will take charge. Leaned back against the couch, arms spread over top of couch, your legs spread out, and having your one arm at back of couch behind her. You let her spoon into you at her pace, remember always dominant body language.

Women love aggressive and dominant men, aggressive and dominant men don't glom onto a woman or show insecurity so often displayed by guys who want it too much. Glomming on to some women who you barely know or sending some woman dick picks are examples of extremely insecure and deeply unattractive behavior.

I wasn't going to get into this because I figured y'all would not want to hear me talking about dominant body language.
you sure you're not a mens rights activist?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2018, 03:20 PM   #940
Hockeyboy2
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
you sure you're not a mens rights activist?
Yes 100% sure that I am not one.

This discussion is in part about how we men can change our behavior to stop making women feel the way that they do.

Well part of what we men can do is learn how to be more attractive in our behavior, words, actions and body language. We can sit here all day typing in self pity or concern for these women, or we can talk about how to be better and become action heroes of our own lives.

To me it really fits perfectly into this, but you know there are over 7 billion people in the world with 7 billion different thoughts on this. Its ok if you disagree, in fact disagreement is encouraged because it shows you care and shows you have another way of handling this.

Last edited by Hockeyboy2; 01-15-2018 at 03:25 PM.