Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #8141
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Here are the offer sheet compensations per PuckPedia

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 08:41 PM   #8142
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Skier View Post
Just before tonight's game, because Tampa could win and still should win the series AND Vasilveski is the goalie I'm lobbing this grenade in the trade section. It strays to goalies from time to time.

If Tampa and Vasilveski win a cup tonight or soon, he becomes the 9th straight goalie to win a cup, who was entirely developed ONLY through the winning teams system. 9th straight.

AND 12th time in 13 cup winners.

2011 Tim Thomas is the only outlier and Anti Niemi was a Finnish free agent, he never played in any other NHL system, just Chicago's still developed by Chicago alone.

20072008 Detroit Osgood 3rd rd
20082009 Pittsburgh Fluery 1st rd
20092010 Chicago Niemi FA Finland

20102011 XBostonX XThomasX 9th Rd Quebec

20112012 LA Quick 3rd rd
20122013 Chicago Crawford 2nd rd
2013-2014 LA Quick 3rd rd
2014-2015 Chicago Crawford 2nd rd
2015-2016 Pittsburgh Murray 3rd rd
2016-2017 Pittsburgh Murray 3rd rd
20172018 Washington Holtby 4th rd
20182019 St Louis Binnington 3rd rd
2019 020 Tampa?? Vasilevskji?? 1st rd

Crazy huh! Still want to "buy a goalie"? I think we'd better keep working on Rittich, Wolf and that Russian kid Zagadulin.
It's the entire cap era...I like to use the word 'homegrown'. As you note, some mild exceptions, but it's never been a matter of acquiring the sexy established goalie du jour (at least since Hasek in '02, or Khabibulin - acquired by TBL at 2001 TDL while he had held out the entire season)/

Giguere - acquired at age 23 with 30 NHL gp over 3 seasons with CGY and HFD

Ward - always a Cane

Osgood got claimed off waivers and spent 3 seasons in NYI/STL when the Red Wings acquired Hasek, but re-signed with DET after the lockout.

Thomas - I think it's fair to call him 'homegrown' in the Bruins org.

It's probably bad reasoning, but this factoid made me favour Rittich for the last 2 playoff series. IMO Smith and Talbot demonstrated that goaltending is not the biggest issue with this group, but of course everyone dreams of finding a Kipper 2.0 to cover-up this team's real warts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powderjunkie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #8143
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Our biggest issue watching this game with Dallas lucky to get one shot in overtime, is coaching and strategy.

Teaching and training a high pressure puck possession game and never letting the foot off the gas, size doesn’t matter that much compared to positioning and working as a complete unit one shift after another.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrMike For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 09:39 PM   #8144
Tbull8
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Here are the offer sheet compensations per PuckPedia

Would you be willing to give Barzal 10.9x5? I think I would
Old 09-26-2020, 10:13 PM   #8145
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Renaud Lavoie apparently said during the 2nd intermission on the French broadcast that the Flames are "actively looking to trade Gaudreau".
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 10:17 PM   #8146
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Renaud Lavoie apparently said during the 2nd intermission on the French broadcast that the Flames are "actively looking to trade Gaudreau".
If they are actively able to find a team that will overpay for him I am all for that.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2020, 10:21 PM   #8147
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Seems better to just put out word that he's on the block and sit back and evaluate the offers that come.

I hope that's what "active" means when it comes to Treliving.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:27 PM   #8148
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If Tree makes this trade, it's a legacy defining move.

He better nail it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 11:08 PM   #8149
Magnum PEI
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think this is the clip. I have no clue what the heck he's saying. There's something about the draft I think.
Any fluent french speakers?
The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum PEI For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2020, 11:25 PM   #8150
Saqe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMike View Post
Hoffman reminds me of Neal, just waiting for production to fall off a cliff and be an awful contract.
Having watched Hoff last year I wouldn't say he'll fall off a cliff like Neal. He has better speed and his shot is an absolute rocket, people know it's coming on the PP and still can't defend it. He'll be a productive player just because of that. But at heart he is a soft, perimeter winger who will go into slumps and be totally useless at times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saqe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 12:50 AM   #8151
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum PEI View Post
I think this is the clip. I have no clue what the heck he's saying. There's something about the draft I think.
Any fluent french speakers?
He said the Flames want to trade Gaudreau for pretty much anything good. Preferably before free agency.

And for what it’s worth, Eklund says the Flyers are interested. But the Flames want to make sure they can get Hall first.

Last edited by 1qqaaz; 09-27-2020 at 04:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 12:54 AM   #8152
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
The Blues lent Binnington to Providence because they didn't have their own AHL affiliate in 2017-18. Copley was traded at the 2017 deadline, so he had nothing to do with the decision of where Binnington played 2017-18.

Vegas took over the affiliation with the Chicago Wolves for 2017-18 and the Blues became affiliated with San Antonio in 2018-19 after Colorado moved their ECHL team to the AHL. For 2017-18, they had agreements with Vegas and Colorado to send a limited number of players to Chicago and San Antonio (they already had agreed to take over the Rampage starting in 2018) but had to find alternate locations for the rest of their players, such as Binnington.
I misread his stat sheet, I somehow combined the previous year and the year he was in Providence. My mistake.

But I stand by him not being developed only by St. Louis.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:07 AM   #8153
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay. Maybe the MTL rumored trade for Gaudreau has legs.
What was it? Poehling, Domi and a pick? What pick? EDIT: Looks like it was 16th and another pick?

I'm also inclined to think that Hall is signing with CGY if Lavoie thinks they'd trade Gaudreau for anything good at the draft.

Seriously, has anyone found out if players can talk to teams since their contracts ended July 1? Because if they can, then the powderkeg has been lit and things are about to blow.

The draft will then be the swap meet for teams to make reactionary moves to their UFA deals they know they're gonna make/made.

Last edited by dammage79; 09-27-2020 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 02:18 AM   #8154
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Okay. Maybe the MTL rumored trade for Gaudreau has legs.
What was it? Poehling, Domi and a pick? What pick? EDIT: Looks like it was 16th and another pick?

I'm also inclined to think that Hall is signing with CGY if Lavoie thinks they'd trade Gaudreau for anything good at the draft.

Seriously, has anyone found out if players can talk to teams since their contracts ended July 1? Because if they can, then the powderkeg has been lit and things are about to blow.

The draft will then be the swap meet for teams to make reactionary moves to their UFA deals they know they're gonna make/made.
Teams cannot talk to players until free agency opens, it was apart of the CBA extension. "July 1st" is essentially whenever free agency begins until they have the seasons back to normal
Old 09-27-2020, 07:37 AM   #8155
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
His source is probably Eric Francis. I will believe it when it happens.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:47 AM   #8156
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
His source is probably Eric Francis. I will believe it when it happens.
There’s definitely smoke around Gaudreau. Friedman has previously said he’s available to some degree but that Calgary is going to be careful.
Old 09-27-2020, 07:51 AM   #8157
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
There’s definitely smoke around Gaudreau. Friedman has previously said he’s available to some degree but that Calgary is going to be careful.
I have no doubt BT will listen on Gaudreau, I imagine he will listen on anyone not named Tkachuk but Friedman has reported before that the Flames are listening on Gaudreau but not shopping him. I think that is the reality here, if someone makes an offer BT thinks improves the team and he gets value he will do a deal but otherwise he will keep him. I have already said personally I think trading Gaudreau is the right move now that Ward is back because he can't play in that system effectively. They can't sell cheap though. What that guy said about the Flames wanting to trade him for anything good and that they are shopping him around is b.s imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 08:00 AM   #8158
Rick M.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I have no doubt BT will listen on Gaudreau, I imagine he will listen on anyone not named Tkachuk but Friedman has reported before that the Flames are listening on Gaudreau but not shopping him. I think that is the reality here, if someone makes an offer BT thinks improves the team and he gets value he will do a deal but otherwise he will keep him. I have already said personally I think trading Gaudreau is the right move now that Ward is back because he can't play in that system effectively. They can't sell cheap though. What that guy said about the Flames wanting to trade him for anything good and that they are shopping him around is b.s imo.
Whatever “anything good” means. He makes Gaudreau sound like a bargain bin pick up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rick M. For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 08:07 AM   #8159
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

I took it to mean, "whatever the return is, it will be good."

Is he talking to French Nick Kypreos?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Major For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2020, 08:21 AM   #8160
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I want stuff to happen.

But, I'm scared of the stuff that might happen.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread