Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 AM   #61
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That game was amazing. I haven't yelled or jumped that high since Gelinas's OT goals.

Gotta love Mo Pete. He only played 1 minute in regulation time and gets that shot. If the wizards guy only threw the ball higher another 5 -6 inches it would have been game over.
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:20 PM   #62
KTown
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Raptors officially are in the playoffs. Next step is to clinch the division and then the following step is to clinch the #3 seed.
KTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:27 PM   #63
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah, that was one of the craziest plays ever. Why the Washington guy did that is beyond me. But for Peterson to grab it and than launch it up and nail it was something else. Considering at the start of the year people figured 30 wins for the Raptors would be a nice step, this year has been a resounding success.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #64
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

Wow Collanegelo has been as good as advertised.

I think a lot of fans would agree that the trade for TJ Ford is looking very good right about now. Bringing in Dixon has given the Raptors some much needed offense with the injury's they've had to deal with. Humphries for Arujo may be his biggest steal so far. Then bringing in Parker and Garbajosa. Can't wait to see how good this team will be in 2 or 3 years
flames_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #65
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty big win last night. Magic number to clinch 3rd in the conference and home advantage in the first round is now 7, with eight games remaining.
It's really too bad they weren't able to beat Miami the other night, as that would have knocked the number all the way down to 4.

They'll probably need to win five of their last seven to get 3rd overall, since Miami has a complete patsy schedule down the stretch. After they play Cleveland tonight, they play Boston twice, Charlotte twice, Indiana, Washington, and Orlando. Although Miami seems to really play to the level of their competition.

Anyway, 3rd looks to be an ideal spot to finish, as it likely means a first round matchup against the Wizards. With Butler out for the season and Arenas likely missing the start of the playoffs, that's got to be one of the best matchups possible for the Raptors.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #66
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Pretty big win last night. Magic number to clinch 3rd in the conference and home advantage in the first round is now 7, with eight games remaining.
It's really too bad they weren't able to beat Miami the other night, as that would have knocked the number all the way down to 4.

They'll probably need to win five of their last seven to get 3rd overall, since Miami has a complete patsy schedule down the stretch. After they play Cleveland tonight, they play Boston twice, Charlotte twice, Indiana, Washington, and Orlando. Although Miami seems to really play to the level of their competition.

Anyway, 3rd looks to be an ideal spot to finish, as it likely means a first round matchup against the Wizards. With Butler out for the season and Arenas likely missing the start of the playoffs, that's got to be one of the best matchups possible for the Raptors.
Arenas done for the season it looks like now. He has a tear in his knee and arthroscopic surgery is required. 2-3 months recovery time. With Butler out for 6 weeks and arenas out for the season the wiz are rype for the picking.
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #67
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raptors clinched the div tonight. Good Job!

Last edited by Otto-matic; 04-06-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #68
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Raptors clinched the div tonight. Good Job!
That's awesome!
Bosh did what Wince was never able to do - get the Raps on top of thier division.
Now I just hope Indiana and Orlando can both overtake NJ to send Wince crying home to his TV to watch the Raps in the playoffs.
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:22 AM   #69
red '00
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Who here can say they expected this type of season out of the Raptors when the season started?

Can't wait for the playoffs.
red '00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 02:20 AM   #70
Cerebral
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red '00 View Post
Who here can say they expected this type of season out of the Raptors when the season started?
I can honestly say I expected the Raptors to make the playoffs this season. I didn't think they would be this good but I thought the depth Colangelo added in the off-season would turn out to be huge for the team this season.

The only downfall of this year is that the Raptors will lose their first round draft pick - the playoffs are obviously far more important but I love the NBA draft and this year's draft is very strong.
Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:40 PM   #71
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
I can honestly say I expected the Raptors to make the playoffs this season. I didn't think they would be this good but I thought the depth Colangelo added in the off-season would turn out to be huge for the team this season.

The only downfall of this year is that the Raptors will lose their first round draft pick - the playoffs are obviously far more important but I love the NBA draft and this year's draft is very strong.
Yeah, the best I thought was that they might get 42 wins if everything went right for them. The fact that they'll probably finish around 46 or so despite an incredible number of injuries is really impressive...

In regards to the draft pick, Colangelo has said that he's looking for ways to aquire another draft pick... there are a few teams with multiple first rounders, including Phoenix, who have three. Not sure which Toronto assets Phoenix wants, but I'd expect Colangelo to work out something.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:01 PM   #72
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_1987 View Post
Wow Collanegelo has been as good as advertised.

I think a lot of fans would agree that the trade for TJ Ford is looking very good right about now. Bringing in Dixon has given the Raptors some much needed offense with the injury's they've had to deal with. Humphries for Arujo may be his biggest steal so far. Then bringing in Parker and Garbajosa. Can't wait to see how good this team will be in 2 or 3 years
Definately. While some of the players that were brought in (Garbo and Parker) might not have a lot of upside left in them, they should be able to improve just by adjusting better to the NBA game.

Andrea looks like the real deal too - going to be scary when he fully develops as he was continuing to get better as each game progressed until his surgery.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #73
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I thought they would be firmly entrenched in the Greg Oden/Kevin Durant sweepstakes. When they chose Bargnani it solidified that belief for me.

They really have everything go right for them this year and have put together a great season. I still think that overall they are in the bottom half of teams as far as talent but considering they are in the East it is entirely possible they could win their first round series.
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #74
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm. wrong thread.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #75
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

This Raptors team is soooooooo great to watch!!!!! Playing with alot of heart today.

Dixon with a crazy 3 at the buzzer to end the 3rd!
OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #76
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
This Raptors team is soooooooo great to watch!!!!! Playing with alot of heart today.

Dixon with a crazy 3 at the buzzer to end the 3rd!
Today's win was so huge... only 1.5 games back of Cleveland and Chicago, with one game in hand; and I believe their 14 pt win gives them the season series over Chicago. And they are now two games up on Miami. Home court advantage looks like a very real possibility.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #77
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like the Raps have all but locked up at least the #3 spot: with Miami losing back to back games to Charlotte, the Raptors magic number for 3rd is just 2 with four games left (including home games against Philadelphia and NY).
Old 04-10-2007, 07:21 PM   #78
KTown
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Looks like the Raps have all but locked up at least the #3 spot: with Miami losing back to back games to Charlotte, the Raptors magic number for 3rd is just 2 with four games left (including home games against Philadelphia and NY).

Yup things are looking good, but lets not stop there we're only a game out for the #2 seed. The way this team is playing anything is possible.
KTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:56 PM   #79
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's a statement game for the Raptors: outscoring Detroit 29-15 in the fourth quarter to win and drop the magic number for locking up third to 1 - they could wrap it up tonight if Indiana beats Miami.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #80
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
That's a statement game for the Raptors: outscoring Detroit 29-15 in the fourth quarter to win and drop the magic number for locking up third to 1 - they could wrap it up tonight if Indiana beats Miami.
And they still have a chance to get the #2 seed too, could you imagine that?
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote