Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2023, 01:10 PM   #7601
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze2 View Post
We got a new dog about 7 months ago. Its a reserve dog that has become a lot larger than we expected. Its a big dog. Problem is his mom (my wife) seems to have let him think he's an equal. This thing tries to violently rape me most days. I am 1/3 disturbed, 1/3 this is hilarious, 1/3 angry at my wife 1/4 disturbed, 1/4 this is hilarious, 1/4 angry at my wife, 1/4 intrigued . Its pink thing comes out and everything, I can only imagine Silver dealing with this, probably better than I have. Its as tall as I am standing up, which isn't that tall. The kids laugh their asses off as it bites the back of my neck whilst dry humping me while my wife screams at him to stop.

Now you get a glimpse into my household.

I was not on team get a dog last year.
Sounds fun

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:10 PM   #7602
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
When someone informs me that someone was trash talking me when I'm not around, I just take it as a challenge to win that person over. And then I suffocate them with empathy and use simple social strategies to build rapport and over time they change their tune, almost every time.

It's kind of fun.

9/10 times it's just because that person assumed I was something else before getting to know me.

It's not for every one, but a good way to end the gossip (because people will no matter what) is to dissolve the "beef" itself.
It's a good idea.
I just dislike the #### disturber more than the person who doesn't like me. Some people love the drama.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:32 PM   #7603
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
When someone informs me that someone was trash talking me when I'm not around, I just take it as a challenge to win that person over. And then I suffocate them with empathy and use simple social strategies to build rapport and over time they change their tune, almost every time.

It's kind of fun.

9/10 times it's just because that person assumed I was something else before getting to know me.

It's not for every one, but a good way to end the gossip (because people will no matter what) is to dissolve the "beef" itself.
I dunno man, it's probably not a good sign that this has happened enough times that you've come up with a whole strategy to deal with it...
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2023, 01:34 PM   #7604
you&me
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
We got a new dog about 7 months ago. Its a reserve dog that has become a lot larger than we expected. Its a big dog. Problem is his mom (my wife) seems to have let him think he's an equal. This thing tries to violently rape me most days. I am 1/3 disturbed, 1/3 this is hilarious, 1/3 angry at my wife. Its pink thing comes out and everything, I can only imagine Silver dealing with this, probably better than I have. Its as tall as I am standing up, which isn't that tall. The kids laugh their asses off as it bites the back of my neck whilst dry humping me while my wife screams at him to stop.

But now... ?
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:35 PM   #7605
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
But now... ?
The dog is on team "Get a Fotze". He's real close.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:44 PM   #7606
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
We got a new dog about 7 months ago. Its a reserve dog that has become a lot larger than we expected. Its a big dog. Problem is his mom (my wife) seems to have let him think he's an equal. This thing tries to violently rape me most days. I am 1/3 disturbed, 1/3 this is hilarious, 1/3 angry at my wife. Its pink thing comes out and everything, I can only imagine Silver dealing with this, probably better than I have. Its as tall as I am standing up, which isn't that tall. The kids laugh their asses off as it bites the back of my neck whilst dry humping me while my wife screams at him to stop.

I think youre supposed to be the alpha, or something.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:51 PM   #7607
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I dunno man, it's probably not a good sign that this has happened enough times that you've come up with a whole strategy to deal with it...
It's not that frequent. I've just lived enough years lol.

Also I have a resting bitch face, I so I understand where I am potentially misinterpreted as a crumpy gunt.

Also I'm a child of a pretty traumatic environment, so I've been trained to have my defenses up when first meeting people. So if they're looking for a scapegoat among a group of people, I'm naturally an easy target. When i realize that's what is happening I reflect on what part i played in it and then work to build a better working relationship with said individual, which often blossoms into friendship as a result.

I'd say it's more a sign of maturity to not take those things personally, and see it as a chance to work on interpersonal skills. It's better than people who react and fire back at people and hold long standing grudges (which benefits no one and just results in more internal stress on the person holding those feelings than the person they're quietly berating).

It's about implementing a philosophy that offers the potential for future returns more than anything.

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 04-24-2023 at 01:53 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 01:54 PM   #7608
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
But now... ?
That pink thing is pretty good.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2023, 01:54 PM   #7609
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

this probably shouldn't bug me as much as it does becuz i have nothing to do with it, but anyways...
i know a guy in vernon that wanted to get a few hats done up. since he wasn't going to be in kelowna for the next while he decided to get his hats in vernon.
this was his instructions to the place he was dealing with - i want this word centered across the front of the cap. i'd like the letters to be grey with a red outline and i'd like the grey part 'raised' (puff embroidery).
he sent me a pic of his caps... they got the grey part correct.... but it wasn't puff embroidery, there was no red outline and only one of the caps was almost centered on the front of the cap - the others were waaaay off.

i just don't understand how a place like that stays in business - and not to mention, how dumb does the employee have to be to get the job THAT wrong!?!
Old 04-24-2023, 02:06 PM   #7610
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Couple of my favorites regarding pitbulls

https://twitter.com/user/status/1078865706802995200

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 02:51 PM   #7611
Geraldsh
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

“Might have to kill it with my bare hands”
BS even Rambo would have to use a knife.
Geraldsh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geraldsh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2023, 09:53 AM   #7612
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reading lists on mobile browsers and not being able to remove or delete it. Okay great, you added a feature called the reading list and some people might want to use it. Great. How about for people who don't want it, like me, I don't have to see it and click through it to get to my bookmarks every time I go on go through my bookmarks? Why the hell shouldn't I have that option?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:46 PM   #7613
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just set my dog up with his own instagram account. I hate myself, too.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 03:54 PM   #7614
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Why not? Nova the shark has one and that dog in Seattle.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 04:17 PM   #7615
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No you didn't, you set up another Instagram account for yourself where you'll pretend to be a dog, if you're really wanting to know how sad the reality of it sounds.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 04:24 PM   #7616
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No you didn't, you set up another Instagram account for yourself where you'll pretend to be a dog, if you're really wanting to know how sad the reality of it sounds.
I don't know if you know this... but people actually do this and make 6 figures a month...

People do all sorts of weird #### on social media to make money.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 04:35 PM   #7617
Knut

Exp:

I am allergic to dogs.. even hypoallergenic ones. In no way is it acceptable that I have to deal with that when I want to get something from the Hardware store. Just because your dog "likes it" i have to put up with itchy, watery eyes, nasal congestion and in extreme cases i get a coughing fit. LEAVE your Effing dog outside.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2023, 04:41 PM   #7618
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2023, 05:24 PM   #7619
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wait... Sr. Mints is a furry?
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 05:26 PM   #7620
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just wait until you set up an Onlyfans for your dog.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote