Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2024, 02:03 AM   #681
TaranakiFlame
Draft Pick

Let's face it girls and boys, Dallas played like ####!
They where so slow and lethargic, looked absolutely knackered, and only picked it up in the 3rd.
I believe we will see the true Stars team for the rest of the series, and win it in 6
TaranakiFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 03:44 AM   #682
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well they better wake up next game. If they lose the series is probably over.

I keep having this horrible dream that the oilers are going to win the cup and I’m going to have to listen to their fans. I’m hoping Dallas helps wake me up.
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Goriders For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 04:01 AM   #683
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
Well they better wake up next game. If they lose the series is probably over.
Like the Las Vegas series?
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 05:11 AM   #684
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Stars in 5
And Im being nice
Lol
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 05:22 AM   #685
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of people way too eager to write off the Oilers. They will not be an easy out. That team should have easily won the division. They’re good.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 06:42 AM   #686
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dallas always starts series slow, just give it time. Nonetheless, this is why I wanted Colorado winning that series; they've got superstars as well. Just seems like a better matchup vs the Grease to me.

I expect Stars to look better every game like they did in the Avs series, this is extremely far from over. I'm more just annoyed I have to listen to all the Coiler fans in my life gloat the next 2 days, they can't help but be obnoxious AF.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 06:53 AM   #687
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like 2006 all over again to me. Dallas didn't look great last night but they are now the third straight team to look pretty bad against the Oilers so it just feels like destiny. As long as it ends the same way as 2006 I can live with that.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 06:56 AM   #688
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Looks like 2006 all over again to me. Dallas didn't look great last night but they are now the third straight team to look pretty bad against the Oilers so it just feels like destiny. As long as it ends the same way as 2006 I can live with that.
Yeah, it’s only one game but I thought Dallas would murder the Oilers. Wrong on that one for sure. Hopefully next game is a turn around for them.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 07:13 AM   #689
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first 2 teams weren't expected to look good against the Grease: a mediocre L.A. team they always beat, and trending down Vancouver without their best player where seemingly the entire hockey media world were picking Grease to win.

Canucks actually hung with them a lot better than I expected them to, I was surprised Oilers struggled so badly against them the first 5 games, including a hilarious choke job in game 1. Last night was the first game where they looked better than I expected them to, I'm not near crowning anybody yet.
Old 05-24-2024, 07:23 AM   #690
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I gotta give credit to the Oilers coaching in that they seem to be finally doing what they've needed to do all this time since they've had McDavid. Any player that's not McDavid or Draisaitl need to 100% on being the best defensive player they can be. Clog up the neutral zone, have a strong PK, and don't let Skinner face high quality chances. Let those two players carry the team offensively on the PP.

It's been effective these playoffs so far in neutralizing the opposing team. But Stars are a top tier team in the west, so unlike the previous rounds, Stars will likely find a way to adapt and figure out how to produce still. Stars should win this series, but may take 6 games rather than 5 like I was predicting. But if Oilers can maintain strong defense/PK through the series, they actually have a decent chance of winning since it makes it a coin flip between the two teams.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 07:52 AM   #691
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

This doesn't feel like Edmonton in 2006 to me. It has a Vancouver in 2011 vibe. Hopefully it ends sooner than that. And I honestly think it will.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:06 AM   #692
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
and Bruins
And the Jets and the Canucks.

I wouldn't be concerned at all with Dallas losing the first game. If they lose game 2 then I'll be concerned. Atleast they were the better team the second half but just couldn't put it away and one stupid mistake cost them.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:06 AM   #693
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

They were slow as mud the first half of the game and the Oilers took advantage.
Old 05-24-2024, 08:24 AM   #694
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It’s weird how bad defensively Dallas looked at times. How do you leave mcdavid wide open alone multiple times in late in the game and OT? It’s insane.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:41 AM   #695
SilverKast
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

If you need cheering up then just imagine the Oilers losing in the cup finals on home ice to the Panthers - and Tkachuk skating around the Shelbyville ice with the cup over his head!
SilverKast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:49 AM   #696
Scooter
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Pgt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
So quick q for the experts, McDavid left in front- is that Tanev or Lindell’s man? I think Lindell’s, right? Or C?
Both -2 last night and caught out of position behind the net.

Last edited by Scooter; 05-24-2024 at 08:52 AM.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:51 AM   #697
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Yeah if we're being honest, not a great night from Tanev aside from assisting on that miracle save. Maybe a little Oiler PTSD from his Flames days but he'll shake that off.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 08:52 AM   #698
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It's only 1 game but honestly it's bad enough to get me to do something really disgusting like become a soccer fan. Let this nightmare end, they're such a disgusting team of whiners, divers and criminals that it's truly an affront to all that is decent.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:31 AM   #699
cral12
First Line Centre

Exp:

"The stars have lost 7 consecutive game 1s"
- from a Stars fan friend

I haven't fact checked. (ah, see now this was a Fata)

People were downplaying that they are deep and make up for loss of Hintz. Not having Roope is a big hit especially against E=NG.

Last edited by cral12; 05-24-2024 at 09:46 AM.
cral12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 09:36 AM   #700
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
It’s weird how bad defensively Dallas looked at times. How do you leave mcdavid wide open alone multiple times in late in the game and OT? It’s insane.
Especially a team with Tanev on it. In 2022 when he finally entered the BoA series, even him with 1 arm made McLotteryballs look mortal for the first time all series, I figured they'd have him locked down better yesterday. Expecting a much better effort in that regard on Sat.