Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #6801
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Say, I was monkeying around with Strava and I thought I was updating my profile when I actually fiddled with the CP group photos.

I have no idea how to get rid of the Fred photo and I accidentally erased the CP logo, so if someone can sort me out, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks and sorry!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #6802
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

ah hahahahahaha

Edit: not sure how to fix it, one of the admins needs to do it. There must be an option to change the avatar/header image.

Last edited by worth; 04-24-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #6803
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

hahahahhaa
Old 04-24-2018, 12:27 PM   #6804
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any advice for riding with kids off pathways? Are they supposed to ride on the street with traffic as well, or do they stay in the sidewalk?

Further, if they are on the sidewalk, am I on the sidewalk too or am I just riding extra slow on the street?
Old 04-24-2018, 12:50 PM   #6805
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
ah hahahahahaha

Edit: not sure how to fix it, one of the admins needs to do it. There must be an option to change the avatar/header image.
I am an Admin apparently. I fixed the avatar, but I don't see any option to "remove" the Fred header photo. I think I don't see it because we run an ancient Windows OS and I just see Xes.
Old 04-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #6806
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

here is my answer for what it is worth - assuming we are not talking about a busy sidewalk, then have your kids ride there. if they make a mistake, it si not like they are swerving into traffic. teach them to pay extra attention at intersections.

for you, i'd suggest taking a position on the street, or at the very least on the sidewalk to their left, once again, to prevent them from going to the left and into traffic. if you can ride a bit ahead of them as you get to and intersection to signal to other drivers to pay more attention to a cyclist in the area.

this whole situation becomes a little more convuluted if you are dealing with multiple boogies, er, i mean kids. in that case i would focus on the youngest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Any advice for riding with kids off pathways? Are they supposed to ride on the street with traffic as well, or do they stay in the sidewalk?

Further, if they are on the sidewalk, am I on the sidewalk too or am I just riding extra slow on the street?
Old 04-24-2018, 01:46 PM   #6807
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von Kriterium View Post
I am an Admin apparently. I fixed the avatar, but I don't see any option to "remove" the Fred header photo. I think I don't see it because we run an ancient Windows OS and I just see Xes.
On desktop, the edit image button is in the bottom left corner of the banner image. Doesn't look like you can edit the image in the app.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:14 PM   #6808
alexle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

You should just leave that header image. Just looking at it makes me want to exercise more.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #6809
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Made my first trip around weaselhead this afternoon. The path was mostly clear side from maybe a few hundred feet of snow at the Western-most point before you turn back toward the reservoir.
I'm pretty skeptical that the Earl grey bypass path will be open spring 2018 based on what I saw today.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #6810
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone ridden by Harvie Passage this spring on the north side of the river? I want to ride down there but not sure if it's a sticky mess and/or still covered in snow.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #6811
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northendzone View Post
here is my answer for what it is worth - assuming we are not talking about a busy sidewalk, then have your kids ride there. if they make a mistake, it si not like they are swerving into traffic. teach them to pay extra attention at intersections.

for you, i'd suggest taking a position on the street, or at the very least on the sidewalk to their left, once again, to prevent them from going to the left and into traffic. if you can ride a bit ahead of them as you get to and intersection to signal to other drivers to pay more attention to a cyclist in the area.

this whole situation becomes a little more convuluted if you are dealing with multiple boogies, er, i mean kids. in that case i would focus on the youngest.

Just thinking mainly about the portion of 64th Ave between Centre St and where you hit the Nose Creek pathway. There is probably enough room on the grass if pedestrians become a problem.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:51 PM   #6812
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I typically ride on the sidewalk behind my kids. I know I should be on the road but if I'm looking at them, going around parked cars and watching for traffic something will eventually happen.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:24 PM   #6813
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post

Pretty sure the cycling bylaws allow kids under a certain age to ride on the sidewalk.
Not as sure about you as a parent riding with them. I think technically you're not allowed on the sidewalk (bc you're an adult), but think others have raised a good point about it being the smarter place to be when with your kids.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:19 PM   #6814
pope04
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
Pretty sure the cycling bylaws allow kids under a certain age to ride on the sidewalk.
Children under 14 can ride on the sidewalk. I weaned my kids pretty early to stay off the sidewalk.

As for riding bikes with your kids, I started getting them to ride in front of me when cycling residentially. I'd stay pretty close, and I'd snug up at intersections. Way easier to coach them when you can see what they're doing.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 PM   #6815
macker
First Line Centre

Exp:

On this topic anyone know when/why they started putting stop signs and signs in general part way to the middle of sidewalks I have seen more than one kid at full speed on a sidewalk clip their bars on a sign and go flying. I guess we had it good growing up sidewalk bombing. It would look odd to see any kid under 12 or so riding on the road with a sidewalk beside them.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:21 AM   #6816
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ can you provide an example as i have yet to see thins, although perhaps i am just not noticing this.

my guess is that after one accident, those kids will learn quickly about spatial relationships and the laws of physics that suggest it is difficult for two solids to occupy the same places
Old 04-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #6817
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Man who claimed he was unfit to work convicted of gross misconduct after posting rides on Strava
http://www.thebikecomesfirst.com/man...des-on-strava/
Old 04-28-2018, 08:55 AM   #6818
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

He must have been a top notch investigator....not
Old 04-30-2018, 07:42 AM   #6819
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Installed a smaller chainring on my Thunderbolt this weekend! Hoping to get it out for a rip today.

Outside of thinking I messed up my crank arm, it went fairly well.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #6820
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ kunkstyle - which ring did you go for. last year i installed a 28t oval ring from the boys at blackspire (killed me to not go raceface). when i did it though, i took out one or possibly two too many chain links