Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2024, 12:21 PM   #661
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am not a fan of royalty, but eff cancer even more.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:33 PM   #662
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't care about the royal family but I can't imagine going through a major surgery, having cancer, and then also having to explain why you wouldn't want to be seen. I have seen how invasive the surgeries can be and how potentially life altering they are and there is a reason that privacy at hospitals is paramount. She may be related to a head of state but also she is still a person, a mother, and a wife and should be seen as those things before being a spectacle in an already trying time.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Mean Mr. Mustard For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 12:35 PM   #663
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThief View Post
We all need to rally around our beloved Royals at this time. I think I speak for all of us when I say we look to the Monarchy for strength and leadership and our nation continues to rely on their guiding spirit. They're dealing with so much now and they've always been here for us.

We're with you Kate, may you show the same dignity and determination our King has shown

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:50 PM   #664
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I couldnt care less about the Royals, but Kate Middleton has always seemed like a decent person and it sucks that she has to go through this.

So...

Royals? Meh.

Cancer? F- off.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 12:57 PM   #665
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I couldnt care less about the Royals, but Kate Middleton has always seemed like a decent person and it sucks that she has to go through this.

So...

Royals? Meh.

Cancer? F- off.
I go out of my way to avoid the Royals. I don't even remember which prince she's married to. Harry? George? Ralph?

But I wish her a speedy recovery and those who pry into her private life can #### off.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:18 PM   #666
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I were covering up something I’d pick cancer as my fake diagnosis. No one ever questions it. It’s why fake cancer go fund mes work.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:19 PM   #667
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I go out of my way to avoid the Royals. I don't even remember which prince she's married to. Harry? George? Ralph?

But I wish her a speedy recovery and those who pry into her private life can #### off.
Ditto. Also, I'd genuinely consider changing my opinion on the Royals if John Goodman was King.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 01:22 PM   #668
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
those who pry into her private life can #### off.
I'm torn.

Her Life is build around her private life to some extent & the charmed life she has is built around people knowing and caring (for some ridiculous reason) about her private life.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 01:24 PM   #669
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe this will stop people from engaging in frenzied, conspiratorial speculation the next time a famous person dealing with medical issues puts out an altered photograph to get the media off their back.

But probably not.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 01:33 PM   #670
I-Hate-Hulse
Franchise Player

Exp:

She's a mom with 3 young kids.

Of course I'm going to hope she beats this.
I-Hate-Hulse is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to I-Hate-Hulse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 01:43 PM   #671
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Maybe this will stop people from engaging in frenzied, conspiratorial speculation the next time a famous person dealing with medical issues puts out an altered photograph to get the media off their back.

But probably not.
Sure, but what a lovely group of people and organization! They sent out the doctored photo and then let her take the blame for playing around with photoshop. In the meantime she obviously has some significant health issues here, and they knew that all along.

It's pretty gross...they could've just come clean and said she had some health issues and asked for privacy. I think that they whole thing goes away at that point.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 01:48 PM   #672
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sure, but what a lovely group of people and organization! They sent out the doctored photo and then let her take the blame for playing around with photoshop. In the meantime she obviously has some significant health issues here, and they knew that all along.

It's pretty gross...they could've just come clean and said she had some health issues and asked for privacy. I think that they whole thing goes away at that point.
Ask for privacy? In Britain? The lands of a thousand tabloids?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 01:57 PM   #673
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Ask for privacy? In Britain? The lands of a thousand tabloids?
Sure, but at least at that point you're not trying to deceive everyone into thinking that everything is fine?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #674
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Queen Elizabeth II Has Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post

But probably not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
If I were covering up something I’d pick cancer as my fake diagnosis. No one ever questions it. It’s why fake cancer go fund mes work.

Yeah, probably not.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 03-22-2024, 02:09 PM   #675
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

the whole thing is messed up in various ways. It's messed up that a woman who has cancer, undergoes surgery and then chemotherapy has to justify not wanting to be in the public eye for a minute. Like, even celebrities should have the right to privacy, especially when it comes to one's health ... I know the British media is the absolute worst, but still. #### those people.

Then again, it's also messed up how the royals have handled this. That whole fiasco with the doctored picture, and they blamed it on her playing around in Photoshop too ... seriously, that's ####ed up. They knew she had cancer, and they played it like this. Incredible.

I don't care one bit for the royals, and that's putting it mildly ... but I hope everybody can finally leave her alone now. Cancer is an absolute ####### (I lost my mom to it only a few weeks ago, I should know), so I hope she can beat this.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 02:12 PM   #676
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
the whole thing is messed up in various ways. It's messed up that a woman who has cancer, undergoes surgery and then chemotherapy has to justify not wanting to be in the public eye for a minute. Like, even celebrities should have the right to privacy, especially when it comes to one's health ... I know the British media is the absolute worst, but still. #### those people.

Then again, it's also messed up how the royals have handled this. That whole fiasco with the doctored picture, and they blamed it on her playing around in Photoshop too ... seriously, that's ####ed up. They knew she had cancer, and they played it like this. Incredible.

I don't care one bit for the royals, and that's putting it mildly ... but I hope everybody can finally leave her alone now. Cancer is an absolute ####### (I lost my mom to it only a few weeks ago, I should know), so I hope she can beat this.
The whole idea of having a royal family at all in 2024 is messed up. Making them celebrities , if you really need to have them at all, just adds to it. It's messed up at the core, so obviously everything else after tha1 is going to be messed up.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:14 PM   #677
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Maybe I have this wrong, but it sounded like they just found out it was not benign. So it was a period of uncertainty, I think.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:21 PM   #678
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post

No ####, this whole chapter of the story seems to have fallen to the wayside today.

The Firm f'd this up from day one.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sr. Mints For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 02:41 PM   #679
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:

The Habsburgs still exits, kind of? Austrian media probably doesn't care.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:52 PM   #680
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
She's a mom with 3 young kids.

Of course I'm going to hope she beats this.
Precisely. Which seems entirely reasonable. Royal or otherwise, everyone has their battles.

The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: