Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2022, 09:57 PM   #4621
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

GMG when I see a conversation on CP that I'd like to contribute to or partake in, but then realize I'm 4+ days and several pages too late so should I bother?

How often do people here actually go back and look at their own prior postings to see if they got any "THANKS" votes?
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2022, 10:56 PM   #4622
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
GMG when I see a conversation on CP that I'd like to contribute to or partake in, but then realize I'm 4+ days and several pages too late so should I bother?

How often do people here actually go back and look at their own prior postings to see if they got any "THANKS" votes?
I don’t count the number of thanks my posts get but I do go back and check who thanked them. Then I keep track of who those people are and make sure I only thank their posts their posts in return. I don’t hand out thanks to people that don’t thank me. One way thankers are a plague on CP and should be banished. /s
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 06:43 AM   #4623
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Merci chocolates grind my gears.

They're the most overrated Christmas chocolate and I wish people would quit gifting them.
I guess it's the go to gift when you feel obligated to give something, but you really don't give two hoots about them.

Last edited by GordonBlue; 12-19-2022 at 08:48 AM.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 07:53 AM   #4624
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

nm not worth it

Last edited by White Out 403; 12-19-2022 at 08:19 AM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:54 AM   #4625
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Yeah honestly corporate Christmas parties are great. My partner could work with the most annoying people imaginable and you’ll still find me there drinking and eating (and drinking) to my heart’s content.
unless you have the luck I had at my wife's last Christmas party when she was working.

It was a large event, at least 300 people. We were one of the last tables called to eat. Unfortunately, it took so long to feed everyone that by the time we were called, the staff was already breaking down the buffet line. there was our table and at least 3 others that didn't get any dinner or dessert.

I don't know who dropped the ball and I didn't care, but I was really pissed off.
no way any event hosted by a company which announced at the dinner a several hundred million dollar of profit, should have this happen.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:58 AM   #4626
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
unless you have the luck I had at my wife's last Christmas party when she was working.

It was a large event, at least 300 people. We were one of the last tables called to eat. Unfortunately, it took so long to feed everyone that by the time we were called, the staff was already breaking down the buffet line. there was our table and at least 3 others that didn't get any dinner or dessert.

I don't know who dropped the ball and I didn't care, but I was really pissed off.
no way any event hosted by a company which announced at the dinner a several hundred million dollar of profit, should have this happen.
Are you adult Charlie Brown?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:09 AM   #4627
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
Merci chocolates grind my gears.

They're the most overrated Christmas chocolate and I wish people would quit gifting them.
I guess it's the go to gift when you feel obligated to give something, but you really don't give two hoots about them.
I like Merci chocolates. I like the variety in there, and they're pretty good. To be fair, I'm basically good with any chocolate, so it's not exactly a high bar, but those are far from the worst available.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:13 AM   #4628
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

The worst chocolates are lindt. That is some poor quality wax garbage that only the basic of bitches like.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:32 AM   #4629
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
The worst chocolates are lindt. That is some poor quality wax garbage that only the basic of bitches like.
Regular Lindt suck, but the 70% dark chocolate ones are great
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:33 AM   #4630
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'd rather a basic bitch chocolate than some of those extra fancy filled chocolates that are sweet enough to feel pain in your mouth, teeth and throat. The worst part is that they're often hard to identify even with a picture.

"Is this the hazelnut leaf shaped one or the caramel creme liqueur filled oval?"
*pops into mouth*
This is hand sanitizer with sugar added to it!!!
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:38 AM   #4631
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I'd rather a basic bitch chocolate than some of those extra fancy filled chocolates that are sweet enough to feel pain in your mouth, teeth and throat. The worst part is that they're often hard to identify even with a picture.

"Is this the hazelnut leaf shaped one or the caramel creme liqueur filled oval?"
*pops into mouth*
I don't enjoy most filled chocolates but there a few good ones. I always try to snag those from the boxes but some of the companies make it really hard to figure out which chocolate has which filling.

I've complained about this recently with mystery donuts at my work as well. Those stupid donut shops need to put stickers or at least write on the box what the flavours are.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 09:43 AM   #4632
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post

*pops into mouth*
Oh man, liqueur-filled chocolates are so fataing disgusting. Who buys those, anyway?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #4633
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Are you adult Charlie Brown?

I thought of this more like Milton.

Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 10:57 AM   #4634
Ironhorse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh man, liqueur-filled chocolates are so fataing disgusting. Who buys those, anyway?

My Father-in-Law. Constantly.
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:17 AM   #4635
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

LinkedIn every time we have an extended cold snap....

Quote:
It's -30C outside.

Now is the time to thank our TIRELESS 'Bertan Oil and Gas workers for putting their lives on the line EVERY SINGLE DAY to put NATURAL GAS in your home so you're nice and cozy while they SUFFER through this cold snap. Let's be thankful for the BEAUTIFUL OIL AND GAS that we have in 'BERTA that Trudeau wants to take away from YOU.

[insert pic of white man on an oil rig with dirty hands and face]
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Looch City For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 11:28 AM   #4636
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lindt I've always found to be diminishing returns the more off the wall their flavors get. Like if you're just eating the basic milk / dark / white ones they're all really good, but when you start getting into the more weird flavors they go downhill pretty fast.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:33 AM   #4637
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Giv me the cheaper basic chocolate balls or other shapes wrapped in tinfoil all day long...

I can demolish a bag of those quite easily.

Hershy Kisses when I want to spend a bit of $$$
Old 12-19-2022, 11:37 AM   #4638
The Fisher Account
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Loving peanut butter and then having a kid who has a peanut allergy RGMG
The Fisher Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:40 AM   #4639
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
If nobody else has said what I was going to say I will still chime in.

And regarding Christmas parties (or work events in general). For introverts these can be extremely stressful and I to avoid them when I can. Fortunately between Covid and budget cuts we have not had one since 2014 so I've been able to conveniently avoid the issue. My wife works at a small office (total of three) so they do things on a small scale and usually just the three girls so all good for me there too.

I've actually been fortunate with Christmas parties over my 20+ years or working. With a couple of exceptions I've always worked for a small company or in a small office at a large company so have been largely able to avoid big parties. Also saved from them several times by getting called in to work the night of them.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 11:50 AM   #4640
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nufy View Post
Giv me the cheaper basic chocolate balls or other shapes wrapped in tinfoil all day long...

I can demolish a bag of those quite easily.

Hershy Kisses when I want to spend a bit of $$$
This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

Ferrero Rocher all day long for chocolate that punches above its price point. Hershey chocolate is awful.