Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2021, 10:37 PM   #4341
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2021, 11:09 PM   #4342
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
Ok with Activision Blizzard misogyny?
Spoiler!
also they've retained the services of an anti-union legal firm.
I'm not ok with it at all. However, Diablo is probably up there as one of my top 3 franchises and unfortunately I'll probably end up buying both the Diablo 2 remaster and Diablo 4.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 11:53 PM   #4343
photon

Exp:

It's tough I want to support the devs and artists and everyone else that contributes, but obviously don't want to support that culture.
Old 08-21-2021, 09:47 AM   #4344
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

... Or perhaps it's not about who you "support" or don't, you just happen to want to play the game, and that desire does not constitute a political statement.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2021, 11:27 AM   #4345
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
All that technology and they can't fix something as simple as the staff clipping through the ground. Course that goes back to one of my main issues with Japanese games (though this one is Chinese apparently?), the only way those comically oversized weapons can work is if they ignore physics entirely
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #4346
photon

Exp:

Lol I just got Corsisplained, good thing otherwise I wouldn't know what to think!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2021, 11:46 AM   #4347
photon

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
All that technology and they can't fix something as simple as the staff clipping through the ground. Course that goes back to one of my main issues with Japanese games (though this one is Chinese apparently?), the only way those comically oversized weapons can work is if they ignore physics entirely
At least in the snow it doesn't look quote as bad.

But yeah:

I'm willing to suspend disbelief as long as it looks cool!
Old 08-21-2021, 11:57 AM   #4348
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I must be getting old, started to play Humankind and I'm like "Ok this tutorial is throwing too much info at me too fast."

Too many 3am Civ games killed all those brain cells I guess. Or probably I'm just not used to it, not sure I'll keep it though since...

PSA: Diablo II Remastered open beta looks like it's live now.
I found the tutorial pretty hard to follow, have had better luck just playing and failing
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2021, 12:14 PM   #4349
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
All that technology and they can't fix something as simple as the staff clipping through the ground.
Interestingly, at 3:03 the staff interacts with the snow while it's dragging through, and causes a mark. So it's almost like it's intended. I suppose if they wanted to they could change the tolerances for when the staff affects the snow (i.e. it upsets the snow every time it clips, not just when it gets past a certain depth) and make that issue way less noticeable, though I would think that would cost resources.

It does seem like an easy fix.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 08-22-2021, 09:56 PM   #4350
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
I found the tutorial pretty hard to follow, have had better luck just playing and failing
This is a relevant video:
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #4351
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

GMTK is such a good channel. He has so many good insights as to how games are made.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2021, 04:37 PM   #4352
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion is really fantastic. Looks even better than the main game, lots of new story and abilities, and tons to do - I’ve played about 4.5 hours and have only explored maybe a third of the island.

If you like Ghost of Tsushima it’s a no brainer, you need it yesterday.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #4353
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of Ghosts of Tsushima, rumours of a PC version are really picking up steam lately. Not a surprise given it happened with Horizon and Days Gone.

Can't wait to play it again
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:39 PM   #4354
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

If anyone sees a Series X available, mind letting me know please?

Also, how does the $1 gamepass ultimate thing work? Like if I buy a year of XBL Gold, I get that full year of gamepass for $1? Can I buy like 3 years up front?
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 05:49 PM   #4355
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
If anyone sees a Series X available, mind letting me know please?

Also, how does the $1 gamepass ultimate thing work? Like if I buy a year of XBL Gold, I get that full year of gamepass for $1? Can I buy like 3 years up front?
Yes, as long as you've never had Gamepass Ultimate before (regular Xbox or PC Gamepass is fine). I had PC Gamepass and let it expire, then bought 3 12-month Xbox Live Gold cards on Amazon. After redeeming them all on the Xbox website it automatically prompted me to upgrade it to Gamepass Ultimate for $1
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2021, 10:14 PM   #4356
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Finally finished "Demon's Souls" on the PS5. It was fun...lots of annoying parts but fun for the majority of the game. I never played the original so I can't comment on any improvements but it was definitely different than Bloodborne. I am the absolute worst at these games so what helped me was probably just being over levelled. I made it easier for myself for sure but it probably saved me a lot of mental stress.

Now it's on to Final Fantasy 7, or Ghost of Tsushima, or Hitman (from the beginning).
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:20 PM   #4357
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Aliens: Fireteam Elite came out tonight. I’ve played the first section in the first campaign and am pretty impressed (as a big fan of the Alien franchise). Pretty pleased with first impressions and looking forward to playing more.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ComixZone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2021, 08:13 AM   #4358
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Speaking of Ghosts of Tsushima, rumours of a PC version are really picking up steam lately. Not a surprise given it happened with Horizon and Days Gone.

Can't wait to play it again
I don't understand why some people get so upset about exclusive games eventually being released on other platforms, its not a competition like some fan boys make it out to be, its like when a game goes to another platform they are losing their top player or something.

I finally played Spider-Man this weekend and pushed through the whole game. The story and graphics are amazing and its was really cool when I got the cartoon Spider-Man costume it made the game feel different. I was planning on doing all the side missions and objectives but after the Catch the pigeons I gave up and just played the story, lol.

Working on Ghost of Tsushima now and upgraded to the directors cut for PS5, doesn't seem like many differences so not sure if it was worth it or not but I'm not very far in yet.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #4359
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I don't understand why some people get so upset about exclusive games eventually being released on other platforms, its not a competition like some fan boys make it out to be, its like when a game goes to another platform they are losing their top player or something.

I finally played Spider-Man this weekend and pushed through the whole game. The story and graphics are amazing and its was really cool when I got the cartoon Spider-Man costume it made the game feel different. I was planning on doing all the side missions and objectives but after the Catch the pigeons I gave up and just played the story, lol.

Working on Ghost of Tsushima now and upgraded to the directors cut for PS5, doesn't seem like many differences so not sure if it was worth it or not but I'm not very far in yet.
Iki Island is pretty and fun, I think once you get to that point you may be able to justify the $40 spent on the upgrade, I still think its a lot for 10 hours of additional gameplay. But really enjoyed it.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #4360
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

My thing is I've never played it at all so when they announced the expansion I figured I'd just play the whole thing as one big game in 4k as a PS5 title... if not for the expansion I'd just wait for a sale. Haven't had time to get into it yet but I'm guessing that it's probably a good buy for anyone who hasn't played it yet.