Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2019, 03:54 AM   #4201
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

After watching some prediction videos I feel like there will be two conflicts with the army of the dead.

Winterfell will be a loss for the good guys, and they'll be forced to retreat. Their plan is not well thought out, and the NK won't be fooled, being able to see Bran and what's awaiting him. Just like his anticipation for the dragons north of the wall to capture Viserion. They'd have to surprise him in a big way, and I don't think dragonfire will be an effective solution. Could see them retreating to the Crypts, which I think are protected by ancient magic alike the great weirwood tree. So maybe a Bran sacrifice is made since he wouldn't go down there with the NK's mark (also why he's not in the crypts trailer). Maybe they're able to retreat through secret tunnels/passages to get out with their surviving forces.

So then I think the 'final conflict' later won't be with Cersei, but will be with the Night King again in the riverlands.

The Golden Company gets sent north after the BOW to deal with the remnants of Dany's forces, but will be met with a worse enemy/threat. And this is where Melisandre will show up with some kind of reinforcements.

Could see the GC changing allegiances after Dany's crew saves the day with the help of Melisandre and the Azor Ahai prophecy being realized somehow, saving their lives. The GC were formed by the Blackfyres anyways who are relatives of the Targs, and we have two of them with real claim to the throne. Cue then everyone marching on Cersei to close things out, and there won't be a need for a big Cersei conflict (she's a lesser threat than the NK anyways) but a satisfying impending doom for her, alike in season 2. Maybe she takes down the red keep/throne/much of KL with her wildfire just because she's that sinister and batshirt insane.

Then again, maybe the conflict with the dead does all go down tomorrow. I don't know at this point. But wanted to make a prediction to see later if it's anywhere close.

Last edited by djsFlames; 04-27-2019 at 04:04 AM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:33 AM   #4202
Patek23
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
After watching some prediction videos I feel like there will be two conflicts with the army of the dead.

Winterfell will be a loss for the good guys, and they'll be forced to retreat. Their plan is not well thought out, and the NK won't be fooled, being able to see Bran and what's awaiting him. Just like his anticipation for the dragons north of the wall to capture Viserion. They'd have to surprise him in a big way, and I don't think dragonfire will be an effective solution. Could see them retreating to the Crypts, which I think are protected by ancient magic alike the great weirwood tree. So maybe a Bran sacrifice is made since he wouldn't go down there with the NK's mark (also why he's not in the crypts trailer). Maybe they're able to retreat through secret tunnels/passages to get out with their surviving forces.

So then I think the 'final conflict' later won't be with Cersei, but will be with the Night King again in the riverlands.

The Golden Company gets sent north after the BOW to deal with the remnants of Dany's forces, but will be met with a worse enemy/threat. And this is where Melisandre will show up with some kind of reinforcements.

Could see the GC changing allegiances after Dany's crew saves the day with the help of Melisandre and the Azor Ahai prophecy being realized somehow, saving their lives. The GC were formed by the Blackfyres anyways who are relatives of the Targs, and we have two of them with real claim to the throne. Cue then everyone marching on Cersei to close things out, and there won't be a need for a big Cersei conflict (she's a lesser threat than the NK anyways) but a satisfying impending doom for her, alike in season 2. Maybe she takes down the red keep/throne/much of KL with her wildfire just because she's that sinister and batshirt insane.

Then again, maybe the conflict with the dead does all go down tomorrow. I don't know at this point. But wanted to make a prediction to see later if it's anywhere close.
Spoiler!
Patek23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #4203
Nyah
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1121930138000732167
Nyah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nyah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 01:53 PM   #4204
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm thinking CP needs to engage in some sort of Game of Thrones Fatality Drinking Game.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

The World Ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. - Flames Fans

Life is pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something. - The Dread Pirate Roberts
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 01:59 PM   #4205
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm thinking CP needs to engage in some sort of Game of Thrones Fatality Drinking Game.
I have shot glasses with the sigils for all the great houses on them. I thought about taking a shot every time someone from a house dies. It could get rough.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 02:00 PM   #4206
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

All these possibilities, all these fan theories, all these vigils..? everyone survives sunday!
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2019, 02:21 PM   #4207
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I'm up for still being hungover next Thursday, I'm in!!!!

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:54 AM   #4208
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

While I was asleep last night, I realized that Arya chose the weapon she did (bow with dragonglass ends) because it’s what she’s comfortable with to fight in the dark, as she did in Braavos.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AltaGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2019, 08:02 AM   #4209
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
All these possibilities, all these fan theories, all these vigils..? everyone survives sunday!
White Walkers arrive, the disco ball comes down, and they have a DANCE-OFF!
Old 04-28-2019, 09:57 AM   #4210
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have the Crave App through the AppleTV and it looks great. No complaints at all.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:13 PM   #4211
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

I've been watching on Crave through a web browser to my TV, and the video only outputs at 720p onto my 1080p screen. The compression is definitely noticeable, but it's not "take me out of the show" bad.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:30 PM   #4212
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
White Walkers arrive, the disco ball comes down, and they have a DANCE-OFF!
Well ####, you were right.

djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2019, 04:38 PM   #4213
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I've been watching on Crave through a web browser to my TV, and the video only outputs at 720p onto my 1080p screen. The compression is definitely noticeable, but it's not "take me out of the show" bad.
Just wait until the entire episode is a battle in darkness. That compression is going to be hideous.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #4214
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #4215
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:21 PM   #4216
holden
Scoring Winger

Exp:

called it
holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #4217
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hoooollllllyyyyy
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #4218
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy ####!

Not today, mother####er. Not today.

I'm surprised that so many of the big names survived.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:26 PM   #4219
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Arya, you bad ass ####ing bitch.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #4220
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

####...not sure how I feel or what to feel! All I know is that my eyes still hurt from trying to see the damn show. I know the night is dark and full of terrors, but damn I would have liked a little more light to see it!
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to The Familia For This Useful Post: