Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2024, 09:27 AM   #3801
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I'm actually lucky, my current role is "in Toronto".

I can work from anywhere in Canada that has good Wifi & an airport.
Lucky! Enjoy it! Wish I had that option... I'd totally move to a smaller city or town and live by a body of water. Can't do full-time remote in my industry (yet).
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:23 PM   #3802
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay. Here is what I propose.

I'm going to start a new Conservative Party in Alberta. One with Blackjack and Hookers.

But I need all of you to buy the memberships and make sure that I am elected as their Leader.

I'll come out with all kinds of insane nonsense in terms of a platform and you've got to back me on all of it! I'll do press conferences, news articles, things like banning abortion and taking away womens' right to vote, maybe even Armed Forces Conscription for all girls...I dont why. Because its insane?

But all of you have to buy the Party Memberships! You've gotta support me in this!

And then, hopefully, that'll split the Conservative vote in this Province enough to allow Nenshi to win.

Why settle for the lesser Evil?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 12:37 PM   #3803
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I hope Slava and flamesfever’s neighbours’ houses get flipped into fourplexes first.
I appreciate this sentiment, but doesn't this just mean that you're hoping our house values go up substantially? Surely, this is what we'd expect, right?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:47 PM   #3804
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I appreciate this sentiment, but doesn't this just mean that you're hoping our house values go up substantially? Surely, this is what we'd expect, right?
Yeah, I’m altruistic but I still want you to be miserable along the way.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:53 PM   #3805
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

I'm going to start a new Conservative Party in Alberta. One with Blackjack and Hookers.

But I need all of you to buy the memberships and make sure that I am elected as their Leader.

I'll come out with all kinds of insane nonsense in terms of a platform and you've got to back me on all of it! I'll do press conferences, news articles, things like banning abortion and taking away womens' right to vote, maybe even Armed Forces Conscription for all girls...I dont why. Because its insane?

But all of you have to buy the Party Memberships! You've gotta support me in this!

And then, hopefully, that'll split the Conservative vote in this Province enough to allow Nenshi to win.

You don't campaign on the crazy stuff. You need to slip that in later so all of your voters can shrug, dust their hands, and say "I had no idea!" Despite being shown red flags for months and years beforehand.

If anyone voted for any party, group, or candidate with a trace of say... Craig Chandler on it, they are either extremely ignorant or know exactly what they are doing.

These sorts of people/movements are made up of the latter, and rely on the former.
Jimmy Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:59 PM   #3806
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I’m altruistic but I still want you to be miserable along the way.
Why do you think I continue coming back to engage with you?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 01:03 PM   #3807
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Why do you think I continue coming back to engage with you?
Aside from my incredibly charming personality, winning smile, and acerbic wit…
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 01:05 PM   #3808
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

"Captain, oh my Captain, Locke"...said no-one, ever
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to edslunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 01:34 PM   #3809
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by edslunch View Post
"Captain, oh my Captain, Locke"...said no-one, ever
Hey! I'm willing to take one for the Team here! You see anyone else stepping up?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2024, 02:18 PM   #3810
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Indistinguishable from the UCP's current platform?
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:08 AM   #3811
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Excuse me while I pick my eyes up off the floor given that they just rolled so hard they popped out of their sockets.

Quote:
A trio of councillors, the Three Muckraking Musketeers, are determined to get to the bottom of council’s decision backing citywide rezoning.

onya Sharp, Dan McLean and Andre Chabot want to know the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

What role did $228.5 million in Canadian taxpayer dough from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau play in the city council majority’s thumbs-up?
Quote:
They want to bring in the city’s Integrity Commissioner and the city’s Whistleblower program under the city auditor to separate fact from fiction and look at the actions of city brass and Mayor Jyoti Gondek and councillors.

On another front. we also find out there will be an attempt made before a judge next month to have council’s thumbs-down on a rezoning plebiscite thrown out and an order made to have city hall hold a vote.

Your scribbler has it on very good authority there will be an application made for a judicial review of city council’s decision on citywide rezoning.

At city council, at the courthouse. City hall’s Cowtown Kremlin has some explaining to do.
Quote:
Why don’t the city hall mucky-mucks just tell us the truth of the Trudeau connection?

“Trudeau is a pariah. The last thing they want to do is tell the truth and say: Hey, we align with Trudeau,” says McLean.

“They thought they could do this secretly, on the sly. They knew people were going to be pissed. They knew if their decision was because of Trudeau people would be even more pissed.”
Quote:
Sonya Sharp, another councillor is … well, you don’t want to be in her bad books.

“We’re ready to rock and roll,” she says.

For those about to rock, we salute you.

“What specifically was said by the mayor and administration on this file to whom and when?”

“If these investigations find any member of administration or the mayor misled Calgarians or council there needs to be serious consequences,” says Sharp.

“If heads need to roll, heads need to roll.”

And she believes “Justin Trudeau should not be able to write our land-use bylaw and use Calgarians’ federal tax dollars as a stick.”

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...s-rezoning-war

Last edited by Torture; 05-24-2024 at 11:12 AM.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torture For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 11:10 AM   #3812
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
At city council, at the courthouse. City hall’s Cowtown Kremlin has some explaining to do.

Please stop, Rick.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 11:17 AM   #3813
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Please stop, Rick.
You’re really Putin him in his place
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 11:26 AM   #3814
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

My last comment gets full Marx
PaperBagger'14 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaperBagger'14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 11:30 AM   #3815
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the federal government wants to give us a boat load of money to help with affordable housing, who gives a crap?

I think everybody’s knows who’s pocket McLean is in. Not sure about Sharp or Chabot. Maybe the Wenzels should just figure out how to build homes in existing neighbourhoods if they want to continue their racket.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 11:35 AM   #3816
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torture View Post
Excuse me while I pick my eyes up off the floor given that they just rolled so hard they popped out of their sockets.

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/co...s-rezoning-war
This is incredibly ####ing stupid, but I'm all for it as long as we do the exact same treatment for the arena deal.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:44 AM   #3817
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Silly Hall - they should recall Gondek. It’s all her fault and that Justin guy and Nenshi had something to do with it and that guy who spoke positively about rezoning and that guy who owns a cat and ….etc

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 11:49 AM   #3818
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Lol the municipal conservative slate magna cum laude is evolving at a faster pace than I ever could have imagined. Will they done CPC business casual blue or simply wear PP pins on their lapels?
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:57 AM   #3819
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I hope Slava and flamesfever’s neighbours’ houses get flipped into fourplexes first.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits
flamesfever is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesfever For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2024, 12:07 PM   #3820
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Imagine wanting to deny Calgarians $228.5M in federal funding because your tinfoil hat is too tight / tribalism is more important than logical thinking / your desire to make love to Trudeau trumps (see what I did there?) anything else.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote