Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2017, 11:55 AM   #3421
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Can one of you who seems to be able to come up with some explanation for anything explain the logic behind Cersei's actions...
  1. She seems genuinely shaken by the undead soldier and offers to accept the truce if Jon swears loyalty to her (I think?) and agrees to never leave the North;
  2. When Jon refuses, she says No Deal to the whole thing, and storms out of the conference;
  3. Tyrion says. . . . Something . . . . to her and she comes back not only ready to accept the truce, but pledges Lannister troops to fight with the North. . . . Except;
  4. She then says, Nope, I'm keeping my troops here to consolidate my hold on the South as soon as the Golden Company arrives.

I genuinely can't see a logical thread, but rather than just bashing the writing, I'll give the collective shadow writers here a chance to make sense of it.

And if you can do that, we can move on to the entire Sansa & Arya plotline, which has me similarly baffled.
Just to add on to that, somehow have it all planned out that Euron will see the undead and then pretend he is going to run away and sail off to the Iron Islands? Cersei didn't know they would have an undead solider at this meeting, did she?
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #3422
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
He's a mix of Targaryen and Stark, so he's pretty much got claim to the iron throne and Winterfell, as far as I can tell.
He wouldn't have claim to Winterfell because Ned's kids would go first.

Ned's kids would get first crack at it (just like how Rhaegar's kids are first line). That would be Bran, Sansa, Arya (in that order I think because males go first regardless of age but if not then Sansa, Bran, Arya).

Jon wouldn't come into play unless none of the heirs had their own kids or all were dead. Similar to how in real life it is now Prince William's son who is ahead of Harry in the line of British succession.

Which works out well because Bran isn't a Stark anymore and Sansa seems destined to be the Lord of Winterfell.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 11:59 AM   #3423
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
Just to add on to that, somehow have it all planned out that Euron will see the undead and then pretend he is going to run away and sail off to the Iron Islands? Cersei didn't know they would have an undead solider at this meeting, did she?
After watching I just assumed that Cersei and him planned out that he would storm out during that meeting for whatever reason he could come up with. The undead Wight was perfect in that case.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #3424
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I'm not sure Cersei is pregnant. It seemed like she was playing Tyrion when she grabbed her stomach. It's just another way for her to influence people.
I thought about that as a way to manipulate Jaime but it would be hard for her to milk this any more than four months and considering the timelines and how much time the show was skipping travelling and such she should be showing soon.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-28-2017 at 12:03 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:01 PM   #3425
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
He's a mix of Targaryen and Stark, so he's pretty much got claim to the iron throne and Winterfell, as far as I can tell.
The Theon-Jon talk was hinting at this. Not having to choose Iron Born or Stark, but being both. Jon won't give up being a Stark. But I'm pretty sure that Sansa will be the Warden of the North by the time this is all over.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #3426
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Now that one dragon is dead, at least we don 't have to deal with speculation about who the 3rd Targaryen dragon rider will be. I never liked those Tyrion theories, seemed too far fetched.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #3427
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get that they got proof in bringing back that dead walker but I don't think it was worth the tradeoff of giving the white walkers a dragon. I assume a dragon faceoff is looming but given how hard it is to kill these undead animals it's probably going to be tough for two dragons to take down the zombie dragon.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 12:07 PM   #3428
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No I'm pretty sure Ned's kids would all have a claim before Jon.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #3429
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
After watching I just assumed that Cersei and him planned out that he would storm out during that meeting for whatever reason he could come up with. The undead Wight was perfect in that case.
Pretty much. The Golden Company's involvement has been talked about for a few episodes now, so obviously Cersei would have some plan or another to have them get to Westeros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #3430
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I get that they got proof in bringing back that dead walker but I don't think it was worth the tradeoff of giving the white walkers a dragon. I assume a dragon faceoff is looming but given how hard it is to kill these undead animals it's probably going to be tough for two dragons to take down the zombie dragon.
But shouldn't it now be vulnerable to fire? 2 fire breathing dragons shouldn't have too much difficulty. Plus I'd imagine dragon glass tipped spears and arrows are in full production.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:19 PM   #3431
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
He wouldn't have claim to Winterfell because Ned's kids would go first.

Ned's kids would get first crack at it (just like how Rhaegar's kids are first line). That would be Bran, Sansa, Arya (in that order I think because males go first regardless of age but if not then Sansa, Bran, Arya).

Jon wouldn't come into play unless none of the heirs had their own kids or all were dead. Similar to how in real life it is now Prince William's son who is ahead of Harry in the line of British succession.

Which works out well because Bran isn't a Stark anymore and Sansa seems destined to be the Lord of Winterfell.
He's already been named King of the North though...succession seems to be more by whoever can get the best chant going than the general rules.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #3432
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
He's already been named King of the North though...succession seems to be more by whoever can get the best chant going than the general rules.
I get the feeling that Jon is all about following the rules.

He won't keep a title he has no legal claim to have.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #3433
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Is it just me or did the ice dragon seem to be much faster as well? The way it was sweeping and turning along the wall looked much faster than what we'd seen in earlier episodes.
Looch City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:24 PM   #3434
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Yes, it all comes back to the riddle Varys told to Tyrion in Season 2. The leader is the person who the other people choose to follow.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:26 PM   #3435
Torrie the Whaler
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default A Game of Thrones **BOOKS OFF LIMITS** v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Wonder how they'll fit Sam's time in to the remaining storyline. With his dad and brother burnt, he should be the head of house Tarly, and the last we saw of him was him saying he wants to do more than just read. He's got the Valyrian steel blade. Would seem everything is set up for him to see some action back at Jon's side.
"""""""Warning spoilers""""""

Sam is a member of the nights watch. He has sworn off his titles. But I guess since the wall is no more, no more need for the nights watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2017, 12:29 PM   #3436
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy City View Post
Is it just me or did the ice dragon seem to be much faster as well? The way it was sweeping and turning along the wall looked much faster than what we'd seen in earlier episodes.
They were running up to the 1 hour 20 minute mark, they had to make him go a bit faster to fit it all in.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #3437
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrie the Whaler View Post
"""""""Warning spoilers""""""

Sam is a member of the nights watch. He has sworn off his titles. But I guess since the wall is no more, no more need for the nights watch
That could be the case regarding the Nights Watch and their vows now, but if those vows still hold would house Tarley pass on to Sam's younger sister? She was very fond of him and I could see that family dynamic being much better going forward (if they all live).
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #3438
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

So did that dragon melt the wall with koolaid or what?

Blue blast?

Blue is not a temperature. Blue is not a flavour.

Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #3439
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
That could be the case regarding the Nights Watch and their vows now, but if those vows still hold would house Tarley pass on to Sam's younger sister? She was very fond of him and I could see that family dynamic being much better going forward (if they all live).
Sam's son, Sam would have title.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #3440
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Sam's son, Sam would have title.
Sam isn't Samwell's son. He's Craster's son. Samwell and Gilly just did it once.