Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for?
Biden 6 66.67%
Trump 3 33.33%
Kanye/other/Independent 0 0%
Would not vote 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 02:29 PM   #3221
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
It was all a popularity stunt to get back in the spotlight. After the Apprentice ended he was looking for a way to make quick cash and talk up the Trump name.
If we can believe Michael Cohen it was all a PR stunt to promote his brand. He did not expect or want to win.

Now that he has criminal exposure he can’t give it up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #3222
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
And I am saying that data points do not represent a trend because they are too small, and different counties have different trends.

The last 22k votes (over the last couple hours) looks like this:

Trump: 5,681
Biden: 16,454 (74.3)

Yes, some rural counties have been in the 50s, but they are small amounts. The larger numbers are consistently coming in closer to 80%
I agree. What I'm saying is that I'm seeing a lot more of the "rural county" dumps in the last couple hours than we were seeing before that, and equally importantly, the tranches of votes from the "big" counties haven't been as big as they were before. There's less of a difference. Yesterday, you might get a tranche from a rural county of 4,000 and then a tranche from Philly of 77,000 at one point. Today, it's 4,000 and 13,000.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 11-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #3223
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
If Philly pulls this off, I think they are redeemed for the Bill Burr Philadelphia incident.
I assume they're still on the hook for booing Santa Claus though?
Old 11-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #3224
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

We know the Republicans are ruthless political hawks, Trump will find out too, over the next few days.

Old 11-05-2020, 02:30 PM   #3225
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dave just needs to make the call already, if only for the RT's and likes.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1324462766569201666
https://twitter.com/user/status/1324463616339415043
Old 11-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #3226
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
What I find most disturbing regardless of a Biden win is >40% of Americans would rather live in some fantasy world where the facts and the rule of law no longer apply so long as they are told they are better than the rest of the world or their leader is stepping on someone they hate.

It doesn't matter one bit to them their country has been taken over by a corrupt buffoon who sees them as nothing more than human cattle and is hell bent on turning their country into his own personal fiefdom.
People vote party lines...heck they elected a republican who ironically just died of covid
Old 11-05-2020, 02:31 PM   #3227
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffins View Post
I assume they're still on the hook for booing Santa Claus though?
They've got some backlog to work through.
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #3228
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love Philly as much as the next guy and we should crown them, but we already knew Philly and Pitt are blue. You could make the argument that what's winning PA is rural pickups and smaller counties outside of Pitt/Philly, like Erie.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #3229
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
People appreciated their messaging and how on point they were at showing the contradiction of conservatives voting for Trump. No one, and I mean NO ONE, was in support of their ideology. This was a case of the enemy of enemy is my friend, you know, like the Soviets were a friend to defeat the Nazis in WWII. As soon as the engagement is done we will go back to battling against the neocons and some of the twisted stuff they dream up. No one sold out to them, we just embraced their messaging because it was making Republicans look foolish.

What is funny about the whole thing is those never Trumpers provided more support and action in trying to defeat Trump than the Bernie Bros did in two elections. You might want to stew on that for a good long time, because your team did sweet #### all to help defeat the most dangerous man American politics has seen come along in generations, if not ever.
Who knew Silverman would have been a voice of reason in 2016.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #3230
Shin Pad
First Line Centre

Exp:

To me this is a no win situation. There is really no choice in the USA for me. The Reps have an egotistical maniac as their leader and the Dems are going to be influenced by the far left with the likes of AOC and her cohorts. The choice is just two polar opposites. There is no middle ground party for whom rational people who don't like either extreme position.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #3231
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
I love Philly as much as the next guy and we should crown them, but we already knew Philly and Pitt are blue. You could make the argument that what's winning PA is rural pickups and smaller counties outside of Pitt/Philly, like Erie.
Philly is voting in record numbers, like beating Obama record numbers
Old 11-05-2020, 02:34 PM   #3232
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think lost it all this, especially among Trumpers is that pretty much every state is still counting votes right now, it's just that for most of them, it won't affect the outcome.

It's not that Georgia, Nevada, Pennsylvania nd Arizona are taking longer than anyone else. I don' think a single state has claimed to be finished yet. Arizona and Pennsylvania are actually closer to being done than New York, Utah or Texas.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3233
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
People vote party lines...heck they elected a republican who ironically just died of covid
This is not as stupid as it sounds. The Republican candidate died after the deadline to replace him on the ballot. So if you want a Republican in that seat, you vote for him anyway and then vote for the new GOP candidate in the special election. If the Democrat wins, then there's no special election. If I were a voter in that district and the roles were reversed, I'd vote for the dead Democrat over the living Republican just so I have the opportunity of electing a Democrat in the special election. It sounds dumb, but it's perfectly sensible.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3234
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Pad View Post
To me this is a no win situation. There is really no choice in the USA for me. The Reps have an egotistical manic as their leader and the Dems are going to be influenced by the far left with the likes of AOC and her cohorts. The choice is just two polar opposites. There is no middle ground party for whom rational people who don't like either extreme position.

Not anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3235
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
I still don't understand why he ran for president at all. If he's actually anywhere near as rich as he claims he is, why not just play golf and bang his trophy wife all the time? Is he really so much of a racist and a fragile snowflake that he took it personally when a Black man made fun of him at the White House Press Correspondents' dinner? And everything over the last five years is just an act of petty revenge to spite Obama?

...don't answer that.

He was the useful idiot.

- Surferguy
Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3236
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1324464427173879820
Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #3237
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Do we finally see an election call tonight, FFS?
Old 11-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #3238
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ignoring all the context...
Old 11-05-2020, 02:37 PM   #3239
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

A lot of people I’ve heard interviewed simply think the economy was good pre-covid and that he’s trying to make the country better in his own rough way. They seem to feel all the negative stuff is overblown.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #3240
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
Do we finally see an election call tonight, FFS?
It's looking like it, yeah. Really we already should have if you assume that no one is retracting their AZ calls, but the consensus now appears to be that AZ shouldn't have been called so... I dunno on that one. But PA is looking like it'll be finished enough to be clear, and maybe Georgia too.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Closed Thread