Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2024, 10:26 PM   #3181
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I don’t get it. You can use whatever avatar you want on here. Kind of a lame bet, TBH. The $1k would have been better.
I already bet 11K with better odds...watch the results. If someone wants to offer me a reasonable 1k bet lets do it, I'm not just gonna do something stupid when I could just invest more money and not lose it all if my prediction is $100 off or something.

It's funny how you guys are bury the lead and insult my avatar lol. "dead any day now" BTC $64,000.00 Canadian. Halving should happen in April some time, all time highs seem likely in the near future. Pretty sure it was Jammies who said "why would the price increase, its already old news with AI blah blah blah"

BTC went up about $3000.00 on Friday, about 6K up since I first mentioned the ETF and the halving about a month back...what luck I have.

Last edited by dino7c; 02-09-2024 at 10:47 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 02:21 PM   #3182
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
What a stupid avatar bet...I will probably win but Jammies doesn't even post on CP. My avatar is way more valuable.
I only post when I have something interesting to say. You should try it, even if it is against your brand.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:55 AM   #3183
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you ever post outside this thread?

1B invested in BTC ETFs in the first month in relevant news....
Old 02-12-2024, 01:11 PM   #3184
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Do you ever post outside this thread?

1B invested in BTC ETFs in the first month in relevant news....
Didn't you hear? His BRAND is better than yours. Forget making money who cares gotta pump up that CP circle jerk brand.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 01:35 PM   #3185
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
I only post when I have something interesting to say. You should try it, even if it is against your brand.
Hey look personal insults as BTC is now over $67,000 Canadian lol. "why would it go up"

ETF and halving, like I said a month ago when the price was mid 50s. I wonder at what point some of you admit defeat?

100k? It's absolutely amazing how much "luck" I have in this space

Last edited by dino7c; 02-12-2024 at 01:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 04:48 PM   #3186
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

dino -> "you guys might want to bet on team A to win the cup, they're gonna win in 4 or 5 games in the finals"

pile on crew -> "lol no they're not, the league is gonna FOLD the franchise"

**team A wins the cup in 7 games**

pile on crew -> "haha dino said they'd win in in 4 or 5 games, nice call moron you were sooo wrong"

dino ->"uhhh they still won the cup, YOU said they'd fold the franchise"

pile on crew -> gets busy moving goalposts and deflecting from the main point while making sure they 'thank' each others posts AMAP
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 07:27 PM   #3187
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Quote:
Hey look personal insults
Your "valuable avatar" claim was laughable, and a bit of light mockery shouldn't do you any permanent harm. Cut down on the validation seeking; no one cares about your CP cred except you.
Old 02-12-2024, 08:18 PM   #3188
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

The minions have moved on from Elon, it seems.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 08:29 PM   #3189
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammies View Post
Your "valuable avatar" claim was laughable, and a bit of light mockery shouldn't do you any permanent harm. Cut down on the validation seeking; no one cares about your CP cred except you.
The point was you don't even post except in this thread so an Avatar bet with you is kinda pointless. I didn't mean actual value obviously but whatever you would put in my avatar would be seen a lot more. Looking at the numbers though all time highs seem really likely. We already have 1B in the ETF and a halving coming up. You guys just seem butthurt, BTC is up 10K since we rekindled this debate yet I keep getting attacked.

Just trying to help people make some mother ####ing money, I'm really not trying to pick fights here

Ethereum ETFs coming soon, for anyone interested...I am personally buying more now (ethereum, not the ETF)

Last edited by dino7c; 02-12-2024 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:31 AM   #3190
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

BTC up almost 21% in last week, and 133% in last year.

Inflow into ETFs higher than expected.

Halving is a few months away which has traditionally driven price up.

I mean, BTC bros looking pretty smart at this point.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:51 AM   #3191
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Are they making dividends? If not then going up doesn't matter much because history has shown it just goes back down the amount it came up. Will they come in here to post about that...
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 01:00 PM   #3192
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Are they making dividends? If not then going up doesn't matter much because history has shown it just goes back down the amount it came up. Will they come in here to post about that...
lol wat? In 2019 BTC was $5000 Canadian, its is now 70k as we speak. The cycle is going more or less as predicted, all time highs are going to happen in the not to distant future.

Last edited by dino7c; 02-14-2024 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:06 PM   #3193
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

believe in it or not long term it was a pretty easy price jump to see coming, I thought telling people it was about to happen in the crypto thread was doing everyone a solid but got mocked and trashed.

Supply<Demand and the supply is about to be squeezed

Last edited by dino7c; 02-14-2024 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:26 PM   #3194
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

The funny thing is, very few people (on either side of the argument) actually have a ton of conviction in what they're saying. If someone truly believed that they could predict the price trajectory in the short term with any real accuracy (as anyone talking about ETFs of halving seems to be suggesting), then they would have borrowed every dime they could get their hands on to buy out of the money Bitcoin options a month or two ago.

Hell, even less than a week ago, someone could have bought slightly out of the money March options and returned about 800% as of today. If the price movement is so obvious and predictable, then why is anyone settling for such small gains?
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:23 PM   #3195
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
The funny thing is, very few people (on either side of the argument) actually have a ton of conviction in what they're saying. If someone truly believed that they could predict the price trajectory in the short term with any real accuracy (as anyone talking about ETFs of halving seems to be suggesting), then they would have borrowed every dime they could get their hands on to buy out of the money Bitcoin options a month or two ago.

Hell, even less than a week ago, someone could have bought slightly out of the money March options and returned about 800% as of today. If the price movement is so obvious and predictable, then why is anyone settling for such small gains?
I don't have a ton of conviction because I know it is almost entirely driven by human nature, and that's not something I'm going to bet on. People be crazy.

I'd be interested to know when the next crash is predicted by Bitcoin boosters though, and if they plan on selling it all so they can take advantage of it. If not, why not? Sounds like easy money.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2024, 05:03 PM   #3196
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
I don't actually know how the ETFs work, but smart move for anyone with BTC is to take profits on the way up.
Old 02-14-2024, 05:05 PM   #3197
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:

Yup.

Even with the history we have and all signs pointing to going up, still a terrible idea to sink in every dollar you have.

Still, some very rich money people are pumping BTC lately & calling it similar to gold.

Really can't see it crashing anymore. Not to record low levels.

This is like Apple stock. Should have bought years ago.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2024, 11:37 PM   #3198
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I don't have a ton of conviction because I know it is almost entirely driven by human nature, and that's not something I'm going to bet on. People be crazy.

I'd be interested to know when the next crash is predicted by Bitcoin boosters though, and if they plan on selling it all so they can take advantage of it. If not, why not? Sounds like easy money.
You need to factor in tax implications of selling
Old 02-15-2024, 12:40 PM   #3199
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
This is very very different than having conviction. There is always a chance any investment could drop 90% or more or go to zero. If you invest every dime you have at worse you end up with nothing. Buy on margin and you can easily be in debt and never get out. There is no such thing as conviction meaning 100% chance of success.

I personally have never had the risk tolerance to buy on margin. I've never taken a loan outside of a home purchase.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2024, 06:52 PM   #3200
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I never have nor would I ever suggest anyone have all their eggs in one basket

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum