Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2024, 04:15 PM   #2961
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Oh my. A PM to tell you to actually read what is written before you go into another rage fit. Scary stuff these PMs.

Fine. I’ll keep embarrassing you out in the open then.
The fact that you are actually taking the time to engage him on a PM tells everyone he is living rent free in your head. Hilarious.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2024, 04:17 PM   #2962
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

just sent another PM haha

basically "you are a dumb dumb"

but won't even predict

Zero vs. All time high

door #1 or door #2

/owned

the fact that even the biggest haters are scared to answer this question just gives me more reason to be confident...to the moon bitch

take it, leave it...whatever...

Last edited by dino7c; 01-16-2024 at 04:20 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 04:20 PM   #2963
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Just to clarify then, it sounds like you kind of agree with us. You've found it moves in predictable waves based on human nature. You've been able to profit off those moves. But when it comes down to it, that's where you profit, right? Or do you believe these value moves are based on the fundamentals of BTC and it's inherent value? Because lots of people have figured out how to profit off price moves based on human psychology, but that doesn't really say anything about the value of what they put their money in.
After all these years its quite easy to see what trend BTC follows and invest as such.

There is a halving coming up. Smart money says the value will go up after.

Smart money also says that once the OTC supply of BTC stops, ETF funds will have to buy market value BTC and it will also drive up the price.

DCA is also a proven method of investing.

Again, I think you have a good argument with saying BTC has no value to the world. However, given that a bunch of people have decided that you are wrong, there are methods that one can use to decide how to invest properly.

I used to always believe its a hoax and will crash. But after being proven wrong over and and over and over again, I kinda feel like a moron for still believing something that refuses to happen. Head stuck in the sand type scenario.

Doesn't mean I own a bunch of BTC and flex with my crypto bros, but I find the concept interesting. Mostly because it takes power away from a centralized government currency.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2024, 04:23 PM   #2964
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
just sent another PM haha

basically "you are a dumb dumb"

but won't even predict

Zero vs. All time high

door #1 or door #2

/owned

the fact that even the biggest haters are scared to answer this question just gives me more reason to be confident...to the moon bitch

take it, leave it...whatever...
Got one as well. Apparently me and you are now 'friends.' Didn't know that.

Topfive, I literally don't care what you say or think. I don't even understand why this topic has to be an argument. There have been tons of good posts here, but your rage fit is turning this into childish stupidity. Grow up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2024, 04:25 PM   #2965
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I actually forgot to mention that I still have this sneaking suspicion that the CIA designed the whole thing, and the wallet owned by Satoshi Nakamoto is actually owned by the US government, and once the value is high enough they will use it to pay off their debt.
Old 01-16-2024, 04:25 PM   #2966
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

DCA was the strategy I applied over the last two years of bear market in crypto.

I only wish I'd had more disposable income to put in, but I am still very excited about the incoming bull run.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2024, 04:25 PM   #2967
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
Got one as well. Apparently me and you are now 'friends.' Didn't know that.

Topfive, I literally don't care what you say or think. I don't even understand why this topic has to be an argument. There have been tons of good posts here, but your rage fit is turning this into childish stupidity. Grow up.
Hahahaha, you think that’s rage on my part? That’s amazing.

You’re exactly like dino so enjoy that comparison.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 05:23 PM   #2968
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
DCA was the strategy I applied over the last two years of bear market in crypto.

I only wish I'd had more disposable income to put in, but I am still very excited about the incoming bull run.
I've done this on my day trade account, ether too which will likely have a bigger percentage gain even

We can debate long term but a bull run in the next year or so seems a near certainty
Old 01-16-2024, 06:29 PM   #2969
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
After all these years its quite easy to see what trend BTC follows and invest as such.

Smart money also says that once the OTC supply of BTC stops, ETF funds will have to buy market value BTC and it will also drive up the price.

Again, I think you have a good argument with saying BTC has no value to the world. However, given that a bunch of people have decided that you are wrong, there are methods that one can use to decide how to invest properly.

I used to always believe its a hoax and will crash. But after being proven wrong over and and over and over again, I kinda feel like a moron for still believing something that refuses to happen. Head stuck in the sand type scenario.

Doesn't mean I own a bunch of BTC and flex with my crypto bros, but I find the concept interesting. Mostly because it takes power away from a centralized government currency.
This is really all I've been saying though. It's driven by investor sentiment, not intrinsic value. And I'm not one to "invest" on something that is driven almost entirely by an irrational trend. Some people are OK gambling on that, that's fine. It even looks to work out for some.(Remembering many others lost their shirt).

I get a lot wrong about human nature, and I guess that's why I foolishly thought there was hope for this province, or the US would never elect Trump, or the UK would see the light before Brexit. So maybe I should YOLO the opposite, but I'm not built that way. But the point being I'm wrong about guessing the behaviour of others, because I'm just not that irrational. Seeing Dino posting here, I think it's obvious he is that irrational and it seems to have worked. Bitcoin people are his people. But that doesn't make them wise and us dumb.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM   #2970
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
This is really all I've been saying though. It's driven by investor sentiment, not intrinsic value. And I'm not one to "invest" on something that is driven almost entirely by an irrational trend. Some people are OK gambling on that, that's fine. It even looks to work out for some.(Remembering many others lost their shirt).

I get a lot wrong about human nature, and I guess that's why I foolishly thought there was hope for this province, or the US would never elect Trump, or the UK would see the light before Brexit. So maybe I should YOLO the opposite, but I'm not built that way. But the point being I'm wrong about guessing the behaviour of others, because I'm just not that irrational. Seeing Dino posting here, I think it's obvious he is that irrational and it seems to have worked. Bitcoin people are his people. But that doesn't make them wise and us dumb.
Is this about being wise and dumb or is it about the investment quality of bitcoin. Early mlm and entrants and Ponzi scheme entrants make money.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 08:17 PM   #2971
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bitcoin is essentially useless and will not function as a currency in its current form. As a store of value I guess digital gold is an apt description. Gold/Diamonds are useless as well and have a ton of value.

I don't own any Bitcoin but have a couple utility tokens in XRP & CSPR. Hopefully they pan out and provide real world value.

The ironic part of Bitcoin is how centralized it is. The mining and nodes are monopolized by a couple of entities. Not to mention the people who were championing Bitcoin as an alternative to government money are ecstatic that institutions are getting involved and traditional finance is moving in. The ideology that drew a lot of people to Bitcoin is being eroded. I think it will go to zero one day as blockchain moves forward and Bitcoin becomes the Netscape of the crypto world. Hopefully a bunch of people get rich first!
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:25 PM   #2972
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Why wouldn't that all be priced in already? If everyone knows interest rates are going to drop, bonds go up in value when that becomes known, not when the actual rate announcement is made. Why would crypto be any different?

I suppose it could be different due to less savvy participants making up a larger share of the market compared to stocks and bonds, but relying on an irrational market to continue indefinitely has its risks too.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:19 PM   #2973
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Of course this presupposes the market continues to see utility in it in the first place, if the market loses interest in crypto then it doesnt really matter how scarce it is the price will at best stay stable, the ETF announcement moved BC's price up for a couple of days but it has fallen back to early December levels again so what should have logically moved the price up quite substantially has done nothing it seems, it looks like a nervous market
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 11:31 PM   #2974
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Many millionaires and billionaires like the utility of moving large sums of money in around the world in seconds with no red tape...source? I have heard multiple say it

You can go into your bank and ask for a million dollars...but they won't give it to you even if their computer says you "have it"

BTC is not meant to be the day to day currency for Joe Blow to buy a pizza

That is why some heavy hitters own a lot of it

IMO

Last edited by dino7c; 01-16-2024 at 11:57 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:58 AM   #2975
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Many millionaires and billionaires like the utility of moving large sums of money in around the world in seconds with no red tape...source? I have heard multiple say it

You can go into your bank and ask for a million dollars...but they won't give it to you even if their computer says you "have it"

IMO
billionaires can move money with a phone call, they dont need a bank
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 09:59 AM   #2976
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

IMO
Hamas for example.
You're not wrong here
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 11:41 AM   #2977
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
billionaires can move money with a phone call, they dont need a bank
It's not that easy or fast
Old 01-17-2024, 12:03 PM   #2978
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Hamas for example.
You're not wrong here
It still takes roughly an hour for a BTC transaction so I’d suspect they’ve shifted to faster crypto.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 12:29 PM   #2979
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

In east Asian markets they mainly use Tron to move USDT around. I would assume most heavies are using it for the same thing; there's about $8b locked in on Tron at any given time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 02:52 PM   #2980
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm surprised that a crypto would steal a trademark brand from Disney, seems a little blatant even for that world.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bitcoin , cryptocurrency , ethereum