Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2023, 09:48 PM   #2921
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
cold water is great for bug bites, it reduces inflammation and causes tissue to contract, squeezing out the poison into your bloodstream.

If you dont have the mental fortitude to add 1 minute of cold shower to your daily routine, just admit it and skip the mental gymnastics. Its ok if you're doughy and cant do a chin-up, masculinity is difficult and it isnt for everyone.
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahabahah a

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2023, 04:57 AM   #2922
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Silly as Matata is being with his masculinity performance, please don't further derail the thread with multiple responses to him.
Itse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:09 AM   #2923
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Testosterone is a real thing that has real impacts on a person's life. TMI when I was in high school, I had a football injury that damaged one of my testicles (google testicular torsion), and it permanently impacted my body's ability to make testosterone. This wasn't a factor until my early thirties, but oh man, there is an insane difference after getting Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Those bimonthly shots in the ass make a big difference in my life.
I had that too, had to staple them to the nut sack. I had not heard of any sort of testosterone impacts from the doctors, although that maybe explains why I am such a little beatch.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2023, 07:20 PM   #2924
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, I must get so much testosterone going when I run in the winter if it only takes one minute of cold water in the morning. #realman
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 07:25 PM   #2925
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I'm starting to think Matata is stupid.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2023, 09:57 PM   #2926
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

https://www.healthhubnsw.com.au/blog...dated-research

Quote:
If you had the acronym “RICE” in your head, unfortunately you would not be utilising the most up to date response strategy. “RICE” or “Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation” is the old, outdated guideline for how to treat an acute soft tissue injury in sport. It came from a time where we thought ice would be a useful tool to help reduce the inflammatory process, allow healing to start, and get us back on our feet quicker. But, as the research into the inflammatory process and the mechanisms of these interventions has developed, it has been suggested that rest and ice are no longer the best options for improving short term return to play.
Is it time to put traditional cold therapy in rehabilitation of soft-tissue injuries out to pasture?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8173427/

Quote:
Core Tip: Traditional cold therapy (e.g., topically icing the injured area) may not be helpful but rather act as a barrier to recovery process. A prolonged period of cold on the skin was reported to lead to a reduction of the blood flow, resulting in tissue death or even permanent nerve damage.

Last edited by troutman; 07-19-2023 at 09:59 PM.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2023, 11:21 PM   #2927
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Matata - "no it isn't".
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 11:54 PM   #2928
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
I'm starting to think Matata is stupid.
Haha, I had a head start on you.
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 04:15 AM   #2929
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Imagine you have such small genitals that when you got caught with your pants down once you had to come up with an elaborate tale about how it was due to the cold showers that you totally take all the time.

OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 12:26 PM   #2930
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahah ahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahabahah a *starts coughing uncontrollably. Spits out a huge wad of phlegm. Wheezes heavily while fumbling for an inhaler. Sits down and wipes sweat from brow. Opens cheetos and sighs in relief.*

fyp
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 01:17 PM   #2931
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
fyp
#### yeah Cheetos are exceptional

Old 07-20-2023, 01:17 PM   #2932
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
fyp
Not all people you meet on the internet reflect yourself, Matata. I suspect UCB could kick your ass, then after you get out of the hospital send his daughter in to do it again.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 02:21 PM   #2933
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

"If you dont have the mental fortitude to do x" is a great way to dodge all questions about the merits of x by deflecting to an imaginary lack of mental fortitude. The fortitude is related to the benefits...

"If you don't have the mental fortitude to smear dog poop on your face..."
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 02:23 PM   #2934
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Not all people you meet on the internet reflect yourself, Matata. I suspect UCB could kick your ass, then after you get out of the hospital send his daughter in to do it again.
Up until this latest macho schtick Matata was a guy who lived with his mom, hated trans people, talked about fake moon landings, and could recite the origin of any meme or internet phenomena. He’s basically as perfect of an example of “terminally online” as you can ask for. You can practically smell the week-old pizza grease trapped in his neck beard with every post.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 02:46 PM   #2935
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Up until this latest macho schtick Matata was a guy who lived with his mom, hated trans people, talked about fake moon landings, and could recite the origin of any meme or internet phenomena. He’s basically as perfect of an example of “terminally online” as you can ask for. You can practically smell the week-old pizza grease trapped in his neck beard with every post.
Interesting, I am way too lazy to dig through his post history but he went from neckbeard to monk mode 'masculine' MGTOW? Makes his posts about adrenochrome make more sense than just trolling.
Bit of a tangent, but I think we will see more men go this route as social ties continue to dwindle and dating becomes harder. The right wing hearkening back to the 1950s version of masculinity is such an easy sell to lonely and disenfranchised men.

The left really really needs a healthy version of masculinity that doesn't have the underlying vibe of men suck to counteract it. Something like you can be strong and protect your family by being an active partner in all aspects of the household. Cleaning and cooking are sexy or something lol.
I also think we should really focus as creating more space where people can interact in a community. Modern versions of the old school clubs like the Elks and Shriners that appeal to youth.
I have found great communities in running and it is so nice just to hang out with people outside my normal social circle once or twice a week. One of them skews older and the other is right in my age range and both are fun.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 03:27 PM   #2936
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
The guy has definitely bought Onnit with an offer code from Joe Rogan
The Following User Says Thank You to FormerPresJamesTaylor For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 03:52 PM   #2937
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
cold water is great for bug bites, it reduces inflammation and causes tissue to contract, squeezing out the poison into your bloodstream..
What kind of man even thinks about a big bite. Walk it off.
Old 07-20-2023, 05:51 PM   #2938
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Anti-Flag Announce Break Up Following Possible Rape Accusations Against Frontman

https://www.stereogum.com/2230667/an...frontman/news/
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2023, 08:47 PM   #2939
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerPresJamesTaylor View Post
What kind of man even thinks about a big bite. Walk it off.
Or rub poop on it, per Photon's advice.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 07-21-2023, 11:07 AM   #2940
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
Or rub poop on it, per Photon's advice.
I've found that spitting on it and rubbing the spit in reduces the itching, at least for me.