Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Back Burner: The Calgary Wranglers and Flames Prospects Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #241
waner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
Not that it particularly matters... but using December 31st as a cut-off is as arbitrary (although more common) as using the NHL draft cut-off date.
Well it is the date that is used by most (all?) minor hockey leagues and used by junior hockey leagues, WJHC and the AHL.

I think it makes more sense because it deals with guys who are at similar spots in their development in terms of how many years they have been playing and how many years they have been in junior (or at least eligible for junior).
waner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #242
FBI
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kinda getting excited about Wolf again.. Maybe if he keeps up this play he will get a callup and be more productive than Bollig..
Old 11-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #243
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm so damn excited about our organizational depth right now. The Baby Flames have lost a total of 5 forwards (Jooris, Granlund, Ferland, Baertschi and Reinhart) to NHL callups and have still managed to go on a 5 game winning streak because we still have Poirier, Hanowski, Arnold, Knight, van Brabant, Agostino and Wolf up front. Simply amazing. I know I have said this before, but: thanks Jay Feaster. Say what you will about this guy, but he has laid a lot of groundwork in terms of youth and prospect depth and the Flames are reaping those rewards right now.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #244
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
I'm so damn excited about our organizational depth right now. Thanks Jay Feaster. Say what you will about this guy, but he has laid a lot of groundwork in terms of youth and prospect depth.
I hope that this can be attributed to Todd Button and his group. I'm still a little concerned that Burke's and Treliving's obsession with size might cause us to pass on Gaudreau, Granlund, Baertschi types in the future.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #245
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shinkaruk: 4G 3A 7P +3
Poirier: .....3G 4A 7P +3

Shinky has played 15 games and Poirier 6
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #246
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

to be fair, those are pretty good numbers for a guy who missed nearly a whole season to injury

still very happy that we picked Poirier over Shinkaruk though, Emile seems like a fantastic prospect at this point
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #247
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

and Poirier missed all of training camp. Not to mention restricted training in the summer
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #248
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even before Shinkaruk's injury though, his stats in junior were already regressing. I know stats don't tell the entire story, but that is concerning. Add in the fact he is an undersized left-winger and that makes me even happier the Flames took Poirier. Shinkaruk probably is still going to end up being a good player, but Poirier looks like he'll be the more important player long-term.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 01:08 AM   #249
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry, took forever to find any highlights for these games. Lake Erie's highlight packages are pretty well produced.

Highlights for Nov 14th Game:

Highlights for Nov 15th Game:

Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #250
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Poirier really seems to have sparked the baby Flames. Arnold, Knight and Hanowski look strong out there as well.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #251
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have a question for the guys that are watching all the baby flames games.......

How is hanowski speed coming along? His stats would say he is close to a call up, but Hartely wants speed in his lineup. Does he have the speed to get the call up?
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #252
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Have a question for the guys that are watching all the baby flames games.......

How is hanowski speed coming along? His stats would say he is close to a call up, but Hartely wants speed in his lineup. Does he have the speed to get the call up?
Pretty much the same. He's still got that awkward kind of lumbery stride, but it gets the job done. He can keep up with the play, but I wouldn't say he pushes the play with his feet.

The one difference I see this year is that he always seems to be in a good position to score. Last season, he'd be a foot or two in the wrong direction of where he was supposed to be.

Label me surprised with how he's been doing in the absence of the "stars" of the team.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #253
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggysback05 View Post
I hope that this can be attributed to Todd Button and his group. I'm still a little concerned that Burke's and Treliving's obsession with size might cause us to pass on Gaudreau, Granlund, Baertschi types in the future.
I have that fear myself but to be fair to both Burke and Treliving they kept Gaudreau on the team at training camp and called up both Grandlund and Bartschi. Burke has said time and time again that you need skill on your top lines, that trumps size.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote