Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #2441
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Just want to provide some tips, as I have only ever done the Knight strat.

-Keep dedicated platform jumpers. Have one titan in the middle running touch of malice and blessing. The person that is not required to jump each rotation helps the titan in the middle do DPS. This person will change depending on how Oryx shifts, but easier then having the entire team try and coordinate platforms each time.

-I cannot stress this point enough. People on platforms have to sniper Ogres. At least 1-2 shots. The stagger will keep the Ogre in place, and keep the middle on top of the ogres. Again, this part is key. High impact snipers only.

- Knights 1-3 can be taken down with ease by the platform people. By the time the 4th Ogre spawns and the 4th Knight is up, the group has collapsed to the middle. Usually the 2 dps in the middle finish off the last Ogre/knight. During this period though make sure everyone else is staggering Oryx.

- Make sure a hunter does the tether on the mobs at the start of the encounter to generate orbs. Your Titan will thank you. The Titan(s) will need to be able to generate 4 bubbles during Ogre phase and 3 in the Shade phase if most of the group is running Touch of Malice. No Weapons of Light should ever be used over blessing, as you may need to drop an emergency blessing if one of the other Titans is on cool down.

-Last tip, on the last phase, make sure that the two members not detonating continue to shoot Oryx in the chest. If not, he can close his chest and the detonation does nothing.

Good luck!
Thanks! Yeah we have points 2 and 4 down. Except we had one guy on WoL. I'll tell my guys to just run blessings all the way through. And we all have 1KYS for the ogres. We had trouble with some errant ogres early on, but seem to be getting a handle on that. And with the knights, now that I think about it, it's always when that front left platform is last in the rotation that someone gets shot by the ship and dies, so your point 3 should fix that.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:14 AM   #2442
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

How did you guys make out?
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 01:59 AM   #2443
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
How did you guys make out?
So yeah. We did it on the first try lol. Thanks for the tips. We ended up not going dedicated platforms, but team shooting the last knight really did the trick. Front platforms and back left are actually fine. But I still have problems tracking the Knight when I'm on the back right. Seems like there's always an eye spawning behind me to bother me.

I did end up with a pretty amazing haul though!

- 319 raid helm for my warlock
- 320 raid hand cannon
- zhalo supercell
- The Ram (which I never got in y1...and yes that's 2 exotic drops!)

Also got a Tarantella for my hunter on our 2nd run to Oryx. So solid haul today!

Last edited by Teh_Bandwagoner; 12-17-2015 at 02:04 AM.
Teh_Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Teh_Bandwagoner For This Useful Post:
Jbo
Old 12-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #2444
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

lol, guess who this is. Pretty impressive with all melee kills.

TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #2445
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anybody want to do kingsfall on normal today. Was thinking 12:30-1:00 ish?

Psn : MaxFandango
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 10:53 AM   #2446
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm looking forward to the holidays, so I can actually join in on these mid-day shenanigans lol.

But yeah after doing CM mode x3, we're thinking we'll probably have to continue on with the knights strategy moving forward to keep us fresh for when the challenge comes up again. Maybe two bombs at a time instead of four. And it'll be nice next week when those stupid teleporting ogres are less of a concern. We had three ogres teleport out of position in run last night. Ridiculous.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:47 PM   #2447
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I'm looking forward to the holidays, so I can actually join in on these mid-day shenanigans lol.

But yeah after doing CM mode x3, we're thinking we'll probably have to continue on with the knights strategy moving forward to keep us fresh for when the challenge comes up again. Maybe two bombs at a time instead of four. And it'll be nice next week when those stupid teleporting ogres are less of a concern. We had three ogres teleport out of position in run last night. Ridiculous.
I ended up doing the CM about 8 or 9 times this past weekend and am convinced more then ever that the no knight strategy is the harder of the 2.

Was funny one night as it seemed whatever platform I was on that ogre teleported. No others, just mine. Got er done though so it was all good.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:52 AM   #2448
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
I ended up doing the CM about 8 or 9 times this past weekend and am convinced more then ever that the no knight strategy is the harder of the 2.

Was funny one night as it seemed whatever platform I was on that ogre teleported. No others, just mine. Got er done though so it was all good.
Funny enough, last night, we did a combination of both. We were going to do 8-4-4 orbs. Successfully did 8. But then on the first set of 4, one guy died to an eye while trying to detonate. So down a guy and an orb, we switched to two rounds of no-knights to finish it. Still did it on the first try!

So I would say it's good to have both strats in the wheelhouse.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #2449
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

I feel like I haven't played this in ages. I think it's been at least two weeks. Not going to get any better, as I know I have a few games sitting under the tree this year. I also have no time off from work and have just signed up for ball hockey in January, so my time is darn limited. I'm just glad I got the full raid set, so I don't feel like I left something unfinished.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #2450
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
I feel like I haven't played this in ages. I think it's been at least two weeks. Not going to get any better, as I know I have a few games sitting under the tree this year. I also have no time off from work and have just signed up for ball hockey in January, so my time is darn limited. I'm just glad I got the full raid set, so I don't feel like I left something unfinished.
Your 50th calcified fragment
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #2451
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

If only it actually gave you something!
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:41 PM   #2452
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
If only it actually gave you something!
It gives you a shader. And maybe one of bungies favorite time released quest. Also there is that ship. And the emblem. Come on, your giving up to early dood. Still lots of things you need.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #2453
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate that I'm completely over Destiny.
I really loved playing it, but the fact that there aren't any scheduled expansions for the upcoming year just leaves me with next to no enthusiasm to continue playing.
Maybe when Destiny Two comes out, I'll get back into it.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #2454
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I hate that I'm completely over Destiny.
I really loved playing it, but the fact that there aren't any scheduled expansions for the upcoming year just leaves me with next to no enthusiasm to continue playing.
Maybe when Destiny Two comes out, I'll get back into it.
Does go to show how well they made this addicting wheelhouse that constantly drags you kicking and screaming back in. It's definitely good to have some perspective though, looking forward to getting back into as if you were playing it for the first time (game release/DLC) whenever they do get around to releasing something else substantial.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:16 AM   #2455
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Nothing wrong with taking a break from the game. I actually just enjoy raiding now to play online with some buddies, more then getting loot. The Guaranteed 320 loot off challenge mode is nice though.

I've taken breaks after every xpac and always come back. Would be really nice if Bungie released VoG/CE raids with updated loot or challenge modes. Same with the old strikes. Just to give us something to do until new content is released.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:38 AM   #2456
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's much easier for me to stay dedicated to the game because I have a regular crew of friends who play as well. It's really not about the loot anymore (I'm 318-319 for all 3 chars with all 3 raid helmets!) as much as it is just hang out time for us.

Mind you we did try switching to COD but a few of us hated it heh. I don't think another game is gonna replace Destiny as our go-to game anytime soon.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #2457
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Hoping to knock out challenge mode with my alt tomorrow if anyone still needs it.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:37 PM   #2458
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Hoping to knock out challenge mode with my alt tomorrow if anyone still needs it.
I'm in... was away all week so I haven't done anything yet this week. What time you thinking about jumping on?
Old 12-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #2459
Deviaant
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anybody want to run kingsfall on normal today?
Deviaant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:34 AM   #2460
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/l%20Ghostri...video/13761172

Nice little sequence from last night. Please don't judge the use of Suros too much, was using it to complete the crucible 10 kill quest.

"I am actually more excited for the Oilers game tomorrow than the Flames game. I am praying for multiple jersey tosses. The Oilers are my new favourite team for all the wrong reasons. I hate them so much I love them."
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote