Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who gets the Lucille treatment
Glenn 34 61.82%
Maggie 0 0%
Abraham 8 14.55%
Michonne 1 1.82%
Darryl 6 10.91%
Rosita 2 3.64%
Morgan 1 1.82%
Coral 2 3.64%
Carol 1 1.82%
Someone else 0 0%
No one 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #201
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I just thought of something that would be terrible. What if they end the season on his choice (but you don't see it) and do the reveal and deed in the next season.
I don't know if I could take that
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta_Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 PM   #202
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I've got a similar story. I had a client who noticed some of my Walking Dead office memorabilia and just started going on about all this stuff thats going to happen between now and the end of the season.

That being said, I agree, it 'spoiled it' for me a little bit but the show deviates enough that I'm still engaged and I really dont know anything more than whats going to happen to the end of the season.

On this issue, I voted Daryl. I think Daryl has been the real thorn in the side of the Saviours and hes the one who is going to get the Lucille treatment. But I agree, I do hope it stays as Glenn. I'll miss him, but it should be him to move the story forward.

If its Daryl, the 'moody-loner' it isnt going to have the same impact as if its Glenn the 'good guy/family man.'

Although I'll admit, that pissed me off a bit. Finding out what 'Lucille' was, although it was spoiled a bit on talking dead a couple of times as well.

But since I know its coming I'll be watching for my wife's reaction.
that's terrible too, since I read the comics I always ask if they have read them before I bring up anything. Personally I'm too impatient so I look for spoilers, but I know I am in the minority.

I'm not really into comics myself but I highly recommend them to anyone that hasn't read them.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:27 PM   #203
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

also did you guys also notice the guy Rick & Morgan ran into is wearing armor? He's got to be from the Kingdom, which means King Ezekiel & Shiva could possibly debut as soon as next season's premier
Old 03-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #204
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
that's terrible too, since I read the comics I always ask if they have read them before I bring up anything. Personally I'm too impatient so I look for spoilers, but I know I am in the minority.

I'm not really into comics myself but I highly recommend them to anyone that hasn't read them.
To which I'll say the same thing to you that I said to the Game of Thrones bookreaders:

110% of the time I read the source material prior to it becoming a movie or tv show I do not like that movie or tv show.

There is absolutely nothing stopping me from reading Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. I can read. I read a lot actually. I just dont want to. I dont want to read the material because I'm enjoying the show and would like to continue enjoying the show.

Shows are not infinite. When they're done I'll read the source material. This way I get to enjoy the show and the source material and then potentially both even more.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #205
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
To which I'll say the same thing to you that I said to the Game of Thrones bookreaders:

110% of the time I read the source material prior to it becoming a movie or tv show I do not like that movie or tv show.

There is absolutely nothing stopping me from reading Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead. I can read. I read a lot actually. I just dont want to. I dont want to read the material because I'm enjoying the show and would like to continue enjoying the show.

Shows are not infinite. When they're done I'll read the source material. This way I get to enjoy the show and the source material and then potentially both even more.
fair enough, I know I am usually much the same way. I think with TWD for me it has helped that I was expecting parts to be wildly different. I haven't read the GOT books though for this exact reason, I feel like it might be much closer to the source material.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #206
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
fair enough, I know I am usually much the same way. I think with TWD for me it has helped that I was expecting parts to be wildly different. I haven't read the GOT books though for this exact reason, I feel like it might be much closer to the source material.
Yeah, I just hate it when people who have read the source material lord it over you with the threat of spoilers.

The Walking Dead readers have been infinitely more respectful than GoT bookreaders. That group of people collectively were a bunch of smug a-holes who were too busy patting themselves on the back because they finally struggled their way through a book from cover to cover.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2016, 02:49 PM   #207
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I just hate it when people who have read the source material lord it over you with the threat of spoilers.

The Walking Dead readers have been infinitely more respectful than GoT bookreaders. That group of people collectively were a bunch of smug a-holes who were too busy patting themselves on the back because they finally struggled their way through a book from cover to cover.
Haha, I know what you mean. I find many avid readers smug to a degree, it's like because you don't enjoy the same entertainment as them you are suddenly less intelligent. I for one prefer TV/movies/music because it is the only way to shut my brain off, when I read it doesn't slow in the slightest.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:00 PM   #208
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Haha, I know what you mean. I find many avid readers smug to a degree, it's like because you don't enjoy the same entertainment as them you are suddenly less intelligent. I for one prefer TV/movies/music because it is the only way to shut my brain off, when I read it doesn't slow in the slightest.
Exactly! Honestly, I dont think I could tolerate the GoT books, its just not my bag, but the show is just fantastic stuff.

And whats more, I can enjoy the show with my wife rather than reading the book all by myself. I read enough by myself.

Old 03-30-2016, 12:40 AM   #209
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

So to bring up the Kingdom again, what do you think they will do with the King Ezekiel/Michonne arc? Seems like Michonne has replaced Andrea, maybe Carol and Ezekiel?
Old 03-30-2016, 01:14 AM   #210
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Can they do Ezekiel?

Maybe without Shiva the tiger?
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:50 AM   #211
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Can they do Ezekiel?

Maybe without Shiva the tiger?
They already hinted at the Kingdom with the dude in the body armor looking for his horse and their numbers/Ezekiel's pure hatred for Negan are pretty important IMO.

Why would they need to do it without Shiva? They've had tigers in movies, why not a TV show? My guess is it would only be about half to three quarters of a season with Shiva in it. Absolute worst case they use CGI
Old 03-30-2016, 01:57 AM   #212
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ezekiel has to have a tiger.

Jesus has spoken. Ezekiel has a tiger.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:59 AM   #213
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

George Clinton would make a perfect Ezekiel, don't know if he can act but he has the perfect look.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #214
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

So....The final 11 mins of the finale are online (audio only). I listened to it, because I am weak and here are my thoughts in spoilers just in case.

I don't know who is dead, so don't worry about that being in there.

Spoiler!
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #215
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

So next season Ezekiel makes an appearance? Also that jail cell Morgan made must be for Negan.

Maybe they won't make Maggie the leader of Hilltop?

Just a bunch of questions.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 10:39 PM   #216
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So peeps in the tv thread are complaining that Negan talked too much. If that's a problem now, they won't last through next season, cause if there's one thing Negan loves it's the sound of his own monologuing voice.

I thought they were gonna show the victim and end with Rick uttering his threat to kill Negan, but I'm pretty happy how it turned out. They were all so beaten down and shaking in despair that more Rick bravado would have been out of place.

The commercial for the Norman Reedus bike show kinda freaked me out though...where'd he get that free time?
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2016, 02:25 AM   #217
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
So peeps in the tv thread are complaining that Negan talked too much. If that's a problem now, they won't last through next season, cause if there's one thing Negan loves it's the sound of his own monologuing voice.
Haha, yeah that is exactly what I was thinking when I read it. It's like Negan loves to talk and talk and talk, this is just the beginning.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:06 AM   #218
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

I actually really liked the ending. It helped that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great.

The ending made my wife cry yet again, she begged me to tell her who dies in the comics. Though I don't think that helped...
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:15 AM   #219
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
I actually really liked the ending. It helped that Jeffrey Dean Morgan was great.

The ending made my wife cry yet again, she begged me to tell her who dies in the comics. Though I don't think that helped...
I dunno, I think this is the one time they have to follow the comics, Maggie doesn't go to the Hilltop and take over without Glenn dying.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:37 AM   #220
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I saw Batman v Superman on the weekend and found it funny that Bruce's parents were played by Lauren Cohan and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

He went from playing her husband, who gets killed alongside her, in one comic book adaptation to playing the guy who kills her husband (maybe) in another comic book adaptation.