Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2024, 07:59 AM   #2061
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Costco would be perfect if they stopped handing out free samples. People start acting like they’re poor medieval peasants at the sight of a rice cracker with salsa.
It might also be better if they painted yellow lines to clearly delineate the side of the aisle people should be on. Maybe also some 'no stopping' zones and parking limits. Hell, let's get some Costco traffic cops in there and hand out fines.
Red Slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 08:50 AM   #2062
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
It might also be better if they painted yellow lines to clearly delineate the side of the aisle people should be on. Maybe also some 'no stopping' zones and parking limits. Hell, let's get some Costco traffic cops in there and hand out fines.
Even though this was stupid and I hated it at grocery stores during Covid the aisles at Costco should be one way. If everyone was moving the same direction I think the flow around the store might be better.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:31 AM   #2063
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you guys are ever in Edmonton check out the Business Costco. It's by West Ed. Some different products and they sell Prince Polo by the case!
Old 01-09-2024, 09:52 AM   #2064
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
As long as you have some self awareness and gtf outta the middle of the aisle when you see someone that just wants to clear their list and get outta there as efficiently as possible. It’s food, grab it and go.

I still want to dress up a cart Mad Max style before going into Costco. A mini guitar guy with flames would be awesome. Might actually get some of the aisle lice to pay attention
F that S.

I'll stroll around as I see fit, taking as much time as I want.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 09:58 AM   #2065
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I like going out and getting a few groceries, gets me out of the house. I usually do it 2-3 times a week, just get 1 bag's worth. I suppose if the store were more than 5 minutes away I probably wouldn't do that.

Getting a whole cart worth though I don't like as much.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 10:14 AM   #2066
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Costco would be perfect if they stopped handing out free samples. People start acting like they’re poor medieval peasants at the sight of a rice cracker with salsa.
This is part of the attraction of Costco. It’s stupid. But the people complaining about it are wrong.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:19 AM   #2067
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

That’s part of the attraction for plebs and cave people. For those of us who actually have some purpose in our lives, rice cracker stands at Costco are a meaningless nuisance.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 10:29 AM   #2068
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

samples are #### at Costco, not only is the cost of the actual item usually cheap, but the items they have samples of are generally ####.

#### I hate Costco.

Also, how about a ####ing sign Costco?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:39 AM   #2069
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are probably reasons against this, but it might be a lot better if they did samples on the 'housewares' side of the warehouse. It's obviously a lot less busy, and it would probably drive some traffic down those aisles that most people otherwise skip
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 10:46 AM   #2070
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate how Costco takes a sale item and moves all of it to a sale area. Then you are left wondering if they stopped stocking it, or if you have to hunt through the sale areas. It's dumb. Leave some where it always is so I can find it.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 11:21 AM   #2071
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

That Bachan's Teriyaki sauce is unreal. I will get a little bowl of it and just lick it. It probably brutal for me but man I love it.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 11:29 AM   #2072
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I like going out and getting a few groceries, gets me out of the house. I usually do it 2-3 times a week, just get 1 bag's worth. I suppose if the store were more than 5 minutes away I probably wouldn't do that.

Getting a whole cart worth though I don't like as much.
That’s me. It’s been years and years since I’ve used a cart for grocery shopping. Two to three trips a week, basket each time.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 11:52 AM   #2073
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can't stand the food sample stalls at Costco. They cause so many issues with fat asses blocking the entire area around them as the cattle drop everything to stop in the middle of the aisles for multiple minutes stuffing their faces.

Eat my metal grocery cart you lazy cheap fat ####ers! Get outta the ####ing way!

(This is the gear grinder thread, right?)

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:37 PM   #2074
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianman View Post
mine is up 32%. Incredible.

I bought my house at the end of May 2023. They are trying to say that my house value went up 80k in two months lol.
That's an easy win. Same thing happened when we bought. Used our actual sale price from the summer of the assessment to bring our value down $100k.
kevman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 12:48 PM   #2075
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yeah the food sample stalls are a net negative. I wish the food stall people would yell at people who stand around blocking traffic in all directions.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:49 PM   #2076
fotze2
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Yeah the food sample stalls are a net negative. I wish the food stall people would yell at people who stand around blocking traffic in all directions.
Or just sample out the new stuff they have added, not those goddamn Veggie Straws that have been around 20 years. Hate those things.
fotze2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fotze2 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2024, 05:11 PM   #2077
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
There are probably reasons against this, but it might be a lot better if they did samples on the 'housewares' side of the warehouse. It's obviously a lot less busy, and it would probably drive some traffic down those aisles that most people otherwise skip
Interesting idea, although I assume the sample carts are located where they are because of proximity to the actual stocked product, giving easier access to the customers who want to purchase them. Often times there is some stock right beside the cart, but that's not always possible with refrigerated/frozen items. Having the sample carts in their proper section also probably means that a customer is more likely to run into the item on their own afterwards.

I believe manufacturers also pay Costco to sample their product, so their incentive is to drive sales of their own product, not microwaves or cleaning products in less-popular aisles of the store.

Last edited by Table 5; 01-09-2024 at 05:17 PM.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 05:38 PM   #2078
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’d be cool if they were sampling things that people are hesitant about buying a year’s worth supply of.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 06:09 PM   #2079
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Interesting idea, although I assume the sample carts are located where they are because of proximity to the actual stocked product, giving easier access to the customers who want to purchase them. Often times there is some stock right beside the cart, but that's not always possible with refrigerated/frozen items. Having the sample carts in their proper section also probably means that a customer is more likely to run into the item on their own afterwards.

I believe manufacturers also pay Costco to sample their product, so their incentive is to drive sales of their own product, not microwaves or cleaning products in less-popular aisles of the store.
Ya I wasn't really thinking of the cooked/refrigerated stuff because I never bother getting them...but really they are the only samples that cause a problem. I retract my idea.

I can't imagine crowding around a poor staff member trying to cook a pizza pop and slice it into 8 pieces. Idiots and Savages.
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 07:36 PM   #2080
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nvm, wrong thread.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote