Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #181
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, I'd be surprised if 1 in 10 is still buying black market in 10 years. And I don't really consider the equivalent of booting for an underage person black market either. People growing up in a legalized system will look back on the Terry's as a weird anachronism. Like, sure you CAN buy moonshine from guys who make it at home, but how many people actually do?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #182
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
Ok but I can get a good oz online for $120 and its in my mailbox in 2 business days. Plus if my order is at least $200, then shipping is free and I get a few little samples/freebies. I've never seen a Terry that cheap or that convenient. Not to mention the different strands available, oils, sprays, edibles etc.
right, but since it's not legal yet you are actually ordering from an online Terry. Once its legal if these companies go legit they will have to charge full price and tax that the government sets.

place I buy has constant "ounce specials" on different strains too, and edibles for 1/2 off at different times/ types
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:03 AM   #183
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
right, but since it's not legal yet you are actually ordering from an online Terry. Once its legal if these companies go legit they will have to charge full price and tax that the government sets.

place I buy has constant "ounce specials" on different strains too, and edibles for 1/2 off at different times/ types
I legally order it like this. 100% legal.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:03 AM   #184
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
That same bag ran me $20 (USD) in Seattle, eating one did nothing for me, eating 5 got me buzzed. A $20 bag of weed keeps me stoned for a week.
What same bag? Are you saying one 25mg gummie wouldn't get you stoned? that would cost you less than $3...canadian! Maybe they sell shiddy weed products down there. I mean BC is known for it's outstanding weed.

We suck at pipelines but we know our cannabis!
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:11 AM   #185
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
What same bag? Are you saying one 25mg gummie wouldn't get you stoned? that would cost you less than $3...canadian! Maybe they sell shiddy weed products down there. I mean BC is known for it's outstanding weed.

We suck at pipelines but we know our cannabis!

Was referring to a 10 x 10 mg bag of candies. A 25mg edible I'll barely notice, if I ate one accidentally I'd probably just think I was tired. Even Terry's edibles are low value, the cost of labour is too high relative to the cost of the weed.

Good weed is ~20% THC, so 1 gram = $10 = 200mg. Your BC Edibles = $13 = 100mg. It's a pretty big gap in value.

Last edited by Matata; 05-29-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:21 PM   #186
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I legally order it like this. 100% legal.
do you get it from a medical dispensary with a card at those prices then? not sure how the new legislated min prices and taxes will affect those places, but any of the current online places are breaking the law (unless they are medical card only place) so once it is legalized they will have to increase their price to the legal level and pay taxes or continue to be Terry's (albeit super convenient, selection giving, sale price having, online Terry's)
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:45 PM   #187
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Was referring to a 10 x 10 mg bag of candies. A 25mg edible I'll barely notice, if I ate one accidentally I'd probably just think I was tired. Even Terry's edibles are low value, the cost of labour is too high relative to the cost of the weed.

Good weed is ~20% THC, so 1 gram = $10 = 200mg. Your BC Edibles = $13 = 100mg. It's a pretty big gap in value.
You are sampling bad product then. I have four other buddies all in their 40s, i’m in my 50s and the biggest dude in our group( about 6’5”) gets noodled On the 25 mg gummy’s. The rest of us do the five or 10 mg gummy’s.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #188
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
You are sampling bad product then. I have four other buddies all in their 40s, i’m in my 50s and the biggest dude in our group( about 6’5”) gets noodled On the 25 mg gummy’s. The rest of us do the five or 10 mg gummy’s.
25mg edible is a good amount. Not going to floor you, but really nice. You’d have to smoke a toooonnnn to not notice it. Although I can easily handle 2 x 25mg candies, and I really don’t smoke that much. And less than 25mg is kind of a waste for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarly View Post
do you get it from a medical dispensary with a card at those prices then?
Yes. And I’m not on compassionate pricing. It’s the baseline for what the prices will be when legal, plus some lower grade discount stuff.

Last edited by Scroopy Noopers; 05-29-2018 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #189
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
When you guys drink, is it shots of light beer with hot coco chasers?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 01:24 PM   #190
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've had the same experience with edibles, hence my comment about them not being good value.

I agree one 25mg gummy I wont notice or feel anything. Had to eat 3 to kinda have an effect. Could very well be poor edibles though, no doubt about that.

Also, the huge difference between Canada and Colorado is we will be legal federally, every province. So it makes sense that someone in Colorado may still go to Terry since its still illegal in the majority of the country.

The black market won't survive here. I just don't see it. It will be way too convenient to stroll into your neighborhood pot shop and get what you need. Unless the prices are way too high or the product is sub standard, the Terry's are doomed. Even now, I don't have a medical card and I haven't bought from Terry in about 2 years. I'm also paying much less than what I used to pay Terry and I can order from my home and have it come right to me. It's a no brainer.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 01:36 PM   #191
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

People realize the feds are going to shut down the mail-order grey market, right? And that prices are going to go up? There's no way the government is going to make legitimate retailers jump through all the regulatory hoops, buy from designated growers, pay property tax, pay tax on pot, etc., and then allow the grey market to continue alongside it. A lot of people buying pot today through what they mistakenly think are legal sources are going to have their supply cut off. So let's revisit this subject in a year or two.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 01:38 PM   #192
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

“Good product” generally just means higher thc content. 1 mg of THC is 1 mg of THC.

Just like how you get equally hammered from 5 shots of grey goose or 5 shots of Alberta lightning (with equal alcohol content).
Old 05-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #193
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
People realize the feds are going to shut down the mail-order grey market, right? And that prices are going to go up? There's no way the government is going to make legitimate retailers jump through all the regulatory hoops, buy from designated growers, pay property tax, pay tax on pot, etc., and then allow the grey market to continue alongside it. A lot of people buying pot today through what they mistakenly think are legal sources are going to have their supply cut off. So let's revisit this subject in a year or two.
And take away all those parcel shipments from Canada Post!? No chance.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #194
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
It definitely is a strange grey market right now, and you very well could be right. There's a discount aspect that apply's today and likely wont apply in the future.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:48 PM   #195
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
When you guys drink, is it shots of light beer with hot coco chasers?
“Hey guys I’m such a kron goblin I don’t even get high off normal amounts anymore. You’re the weirdos!”
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 02:51 PM   #196
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can someone please fix the spelling of Marijuana in the thread title?

Its killing my soul.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 03:05 PM   #197
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
“Hey guys I’m such a kron goblin I don’t even get high off normal amounts anymore. You’re the weirdos!”
That's Mr. Kron Goblin to you, boy. You ain't on my level until you've done enough DMT to be on a first name basis with the machine elves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matata For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 03:06 PM   #198
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

Its killing my soul.
Put a few drops of THC oil in your travel mug and you’ll soon forget all about it.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:53 PM   #199
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

Its killing my soul.
I read your post and said "yeah, you idiot", then looked at the thread starter.

The good news is it's fixed now.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 03:55 PM   #200
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I read your post and said "yeah, you idiot", then looked at the thread starter.

The good news is it's fixed now.
It isnt.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: