Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2024, 06:02 AM   #5901
Red Potato Standing By
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett44 View Post
Tkachuk will go down as one of the biggest chokers in sports history, if Edmonton wins.

Especially because he guaranteed a win in game 5, and has done crap all to back it up. He looks worse than he did for us in the playoffs.
Where did he say that he guaranteed a win? Didn’t see it.
Red Potato Standing By is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Red Potato Standing By For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2024, 06:10 AM   #5902
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Steve dangle podcast did a thing where he compared McDavids current post season points to the Leafs core 5 career playoff points. He may taken em all down.

Then Ottawa did one where McDavids 44 playoff point this year would have him finish 5th in team scoring on the sens for the entire year. Just his playoff points.

I looked, he's finish 7th on the Flames. That's 1 point better than Mangiapanes entire season.

And that's before tonight's games results too.
Old 06-22-2024, 06:18 AM   #5903
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Potato Standing By View Post
Where did he say that he guaranteed a win? Didn’t see it.
https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/edmont...22%20guarantee.

Is there a more annoying fanbase, or ex-players and players in the history of the NHL? JFC I hate the Oilers
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 06:24 AM   #5904
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Know what pisses me off the most if the Oilers win this thing? It's not McDavid getting a cup of Draisaitl, or even Cory Perry for that matter.

No, what pisses me off the most is Evander Kane will get his name on the cup, more than that, Cody ffreakin Ceci gets his name on the cup. The worst. These undeserving deadweights get their names on the cup and Jarome Doesn't. It's infuriating.

It's worse than understanding that IF they win Monday, it just cements their delusions as reality forever more.

I hate it, I hate all things Oiler and Edmonton so much. And that these clowns have this thing to hang over our heads .....again.

Worst and darkest timeline indeed.
Old 06-22-2024, 06:33 AM   #5905
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

What I don’t get is how the Oilers are shutting teams down. It’s not just the PK, it’s 5 on 5. They have a legit top D pairing (Ekholm was the best move Holland has made in his career), but after that it’s a bunch of humps. And it’s not as though they have an elite shut-down C either.

How is it that VAN, DAL, and FLO have all struggle to score against what, on paper, is a weak team defensively?
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2024, 06:39 AM   #5906
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

What adjustments has Maurice attempted since game 4?

Coaching, goaltending, and special teams… Florida has come up woefully short in all three aspects in the last 3 games.

They have one chance to flip this script at home on Monday.
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 06:42 AM   #5907
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Saw multiple tweets pointing out the series turned when Trump tweeted to support the Panthers. So we all know whose fault this is.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 06:55 AM   #5908
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Oilers winning the cup to me has the best possible outcome for the Flames.

It's time to light a fire under our team . I experienced the rivalry and hatred for Edmonton back in the 80s and that was some of the best hockey I've watched .

We had better players coaches and management and I see that's slowly coming back Into play from the top down. Aside from owner ship who may or may not neuter plans Conroy has to me things look good going forward.

Yeah we mostly don't do allot of things right but the 86 89 and 04 rosters our alumni and previous owners Have kept me a Fan . This is what a Flames fan is.

A new barn is on the way that I'll never be able to afford to attend but that's exciting.

Thanks NHL for deciding to award AGAIN the better team right?
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:12 AM   #5909
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

If anyone is curious about all the previous times in the playoffs (not just the Finals), a team has come back from being down 3-0.

https://www.cp24.com/news/the-oilers...ium%3Dsharebar

Percentages not on their side, but it's close.
Ped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:36 AM   #5910
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Yeah I'm at acceptance phase. Oilers will win.

Panthers ####ing suck. Biggest choke in modern history. Like what the #### were they thinking??
Looch City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:40 AM   #5911
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Oilers have been immune to the percentages for some time. History really doesn't apply here the way their opponents have simply wilted in the back half of series. The way the Panthers have been playing I don't know how anyone could feel confident they will win game 7. Maybe if they score the first goal for once they can change the tide but Tkachuk has kind of gone back to the playoff performer he was with the Flames and that really hurts them. I'm sure Paul Maurice doesn't want to be associated with making history for the wrong reasons so he also has to up his game because he's no longer been pushing the right buttons. They need to do something different between now and Monday night to change their mindset and how they are going to start games as it's tough sledding when you are giving up the first goal in every game and in the trail position all the time as they haven't had a single lead in the last three games.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:40 AM   #5912
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

Haven’t been watching because I can’t stand the sight of watching the Oilers play lol. Just checking in on the score. You just get the feeling those turds up north are going to win this thing. Their fans are going to be insufferable! Argh…
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 442scotty For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2024, 07:49 AM   #5913
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
If anyone is curious about all the previous times in the playoffs (not just the Finals), a team has come back from being down 3-0.

https://www.cp24.com/news/the-oilers...ium%3Dsharebar

Percentages not on their side, but it's close.
44% for the 0-3 team. 42% for the road team in all Game 7s according to this:

http://www.puckreport.com/2009/04/nh...story.html?m=1
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:55 AM   #5914
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADY7 View Post
Florida can't handle the Oilers speed
Such a loser of the most severe kind
Your team wins its third game in a row to stave off elimination and the first thing that you do is come here
You must be out of orange Fanta Nd Twizzlers
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to All In Good Time For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #5915
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
What I don’t get is how the Oilers are shutting teams down. It’s not just the PK, it’s 5 on 5. They have a legit top D pairing (Ekholm was the best move Holland has made in his career), but after that it’s a bunch of humps. And it’s not as though they have an elite shut-down C either.

How is it that VAN, DAL, and FLO have all struggle to score against what, on paper, is a weak team defensively?
Loose pucks end up on Oiler sticks like 95% of the time on both sides of special teams. I haven’t figured out how they’re doing it. Like either some blood magic precognition, or literally magnets inside the sticks and puck.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:57 AM   #5916
CroCop
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Percentage don’t mean squat now. Florida are absolutely lost. Nothing is gonna stop this from happening. McDavid gets his and a new generation of unbearable over cocky grease fan is born.
CroCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 07:58 AM   #5917
Rejean31
Franchise Player

Exp:

So has anyone seen the CONCLUSIVE video that shows the first Panthers goal as being offside? Amazing that the NHL war room won't release this amazing video as none of the video that has been seen by the public shows that it's is definitely offside and as it was called a good goal on the ice, there must be CONCLUSIVE video showing it as offside. Well, let's see this proof NHL!!!
Old 06-22-2024, 08:05 AM   #5918
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Percentage don’t mean squat now. Florida are absolutely lost. Nothing is gonna stop this from happening. McDavid gets his and a new generation of unbearable over cocky grease fan is born.
What team that went from 3-0 to 3-3 doesn’t look absolutely lost? Half of them still win.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 08:07 AM   #5919
Derek Sutton
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejean31 View Post
So has anyone seen the CONCLUSIVE video that shows the first Panthers goal as being offside? Amazing that the NHL war room won't release this amazing video as none of the video that has been seen by the public shows that it's is definitely offside and as it was called a good goal on the ice, there must be CONCLUSIVE video showing it as offside. Well, let's see this proof NHL!!!
It was posted earlier in this thread.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:08 AM   #5920
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
Haven’t been watching because I can’t stand the sight of watching the Oilers play lol. Just checking in on the score. You just get the feeling those turds up north are going to win this thing. Their fans are going to be insufferable! Argh…
Thank jeebus I don't like in Alberta anymore. The amount of bandwagon fans in Ontario is sickening enough and they act like they have been lifelong fans too. It will be pretty funny if the Panthers win though (although it seems next to impossible).

Last edited by CalgaryFan1988; 06-22-2024 at 08:12 AM.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post: