Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2024, 01:52 PM   #3521
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Hurricanes point percentages the last 6 years:

They've also won 7 playoff rounds including two trips to the conference finals. Most teams can only dream of that kind of sustained success, Flames included.

They've also drafted 56 players in those 6 years, which is 14 more than their allotted 42. Imagine that? Sustained success, perennial contender and still accumulating draft picks to keep the prospect pool overflowing.

Hmmm, they might be on to something here.
And unlike every other team with that kind of recent track record, they’ve done it without mortgaging the future or getting into cap hell. They haven’t gotten to the finals yet, but their window is still wide open.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 01:54 PM   #3522
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
They don't want to cut him loose, he has not been happy there for a few years and wants to move on. He wants a larger role and from what I heard he doesn't get along with the coach. He is also due a raise, if you are Carolina why would you pay a guy significantly more money if he doesn't want to be there? If you can move the Canucks 1st and a 2nd for him that's a no brainer move because statistically the chances of a player you draft with either of those two picks having the talent of Necas is very very remote.
I doubt the flames want to move high picks for a player that's going to want a large raise, something around Mangiapane and a 2nd might work though.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:01 PM   #3523
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are multiple rumors coming out of MTL that the Flames were/are interested in Arber Xhekaj. Most of it is based on the following from Dave Pagnota:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagnota
For the Habs, we know Arber Xhekaj is pretty much off the table. As I reported last week, teams have continued to ask about him – including the Calgary Flames – but Hughes isn’t interested in moving him. I’m sure he’ll change his mind if someone is willing to really overpay, but for now, Xhekaj is part of Montreal’s plans moving forward.
https://www.thefourthperiod.com/pagn...-les-canadiens

I'm really surprised especially since some of the speculation is around moving the 9th overall pick. I think it's reaching to say the least...

https://www.habsfanatics.com/nhl/tra...s-on-the-table

I hope this isn't old news, as it was posted on the 20th.

Last edited by gvitaly; 05-26-2024 at 02:06 PM.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:03 PM   #3524
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
And unlike every other team with that kind of recent track record, they’ve done it without mortgaging the future or getting into cap hell. They haven’t gotten to the finals yet, but their window is still wide open.
Yep, I alluded to that with the draft picks.

Imagine having that kind of success over a 6 year period but still drafting 56 players over six drafts when were originally given only 42 picks.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:10 PM   #3525
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post
There are multiple rumors coming out of MTL that the Flames were/are interested in Arber Xhekaj. Most of it is based on the following from Dave Pagnota:

I'm really surprised especially since some of the speculation is around moving the 9th overall pick. I think it's reaching to say the least...

Speculation around moving the 9th OA for Xhekaj?

lol I hardly think so.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 02:11 PM   #3526
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvitaly View Post

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Any trade that involves any of the Flames' 1st round picks for Xhekaj, let alone the 9th overall pick, are grounds for immediate termination.

And somehow Habs fans wouldn't trade Xhekaj for the 9th overall pick in their poll?
Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 02:17 PM   #3527
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Wtf did I just read? Fans voted they wouldn't trade a career #5-#6 D-man heading into his 24-year old season for the 9th overall pick??

Lolol where did that joke of a proposal even appear from
AustinL_NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:20 PM   #3528
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be fair, Habs fans have been a bit spoiled with trade returns from the Flames.
Old 05-26-2024, 02:21 PM   #3529
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Lmfao….conroy should be fired if he traded the 9th overall for that goon
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesfan05 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 02:27 PM   #3530
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Again the Flames do not have the prospects, the roster players at the moment, any foundational pieces outside of Wolf that we should consider trading away multiple picks for a 26 year old winger who is on the outs with a winning franchise.

We have just begun the rebuild, you do not spend draft picks now. You accumulate as much as you can, and when the roster is built you can enter the market and look at moving something.

The only logical move at this point would be Markstrom for Necas.
Paulie Walnuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paulie Walnuts For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 02:38 PM   #3531
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the return is definitely off. That said I could see why the Flames were/are interested in having some more hits from the back end, especially after trading Z. I thought that it was what the Flames were looking for when they took a flyer on Okhotiuk.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 03:35 PM   #3532
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

The last thing Carolina needs is markstrom. If I'm them I'm shopping Andersen and transitioning to Kochetkov. Maybe if Andersen is okay sticking around in a reduced role on a reduced contract? Either way bringing in a #1 vet isn't something to consider.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 04:39 PM   #3533
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can people stop quoting Pagnotta like he is any kind of reliable source? It's like saying Eklund is an actual insider.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2024, 04:53 PM   #3534
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

We need to replenish our supply of defencemen with hard-to-pronounce names.
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 05:11 PM   #3535
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Can people stop quoting Pagnotta like he is any kind of reliable source? It's like saying Eklund is an actual insider.
I think there's 4 or 5 people on CP that are a more reliable source than Pagnotta. I think he invented the action of throwing enough crap at the wall to see what sticks.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2024, 07:57 AM   #3536
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Weird name drop this morning on the 32 Thoughts podcast. Marek wonders aloud (no inside info, just pure speculation he says) on a fit between Tanner Jeannot and the Flames. Suggests he'd be a "security blanket" or "cop" for the younger players. Says it feels like a fit.

Initial discussion was over what players Tampa may have to move in order to make other moves such as keeping Stamkos.
Toonage is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2024, 08:14 AM   #3537
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, they probably shouldn’t have acquired McDonagh if they really wanted to keep Stamkos.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:16 AM   #3538
Snazu
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
Weird name drop this morning on the 32 Thoughts podcast. Marek wonders aloud (no inside info, just pure speculation he says) on a fit between Tanner Jeannot and the Flames. Suggests he'd be a "security blanket" or "cop" for the younger players. Says it feels like a fit.

Initial discussion was over what players Tampa may have to move in order to make other moves such as keeping Stamkos.
Would the flames have to trade all their next years draft picks for him like Tampa did to get him from Nashville?
Snazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:34 AM   #3539
Flames1217
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yes to Xhekaj but not either of our firsts.

Jeannot is a LW, we already have enough of them. Of he was a Right shot RW I would consider it.
Flames1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:35 AM   #3540
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post

It’s funny, I was thinking the same thing about Jeannot. The Flames have some cap flexibility, and the Lighting are in cap hell. I doubt he would cost a lot, and I agree with Marek that he would be a good fit on the Flames.
CliffFletcher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:

Tags
devils suck , e=ng , edmonton is no good , nj is no good