Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2024, 04:33 PM   #6861
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I really don't see what's so funny about this.

It's fairly straight forward. Part of the hospital were shut down. during the initial raid in November. Many reopened. There was another raid in late March, after Hamas had reestablished hundreds of fighters in the site. I can't find out anything about whether the hospital has reopened.
You’re what’s funny, because your takes are a joke. You were clearly shown another complete lie, so why pretend? “It was never shut down” *shown where he says it was shut down* “Oh well um technically some parts were shut down but for unrelated reasons and blah blah blah.” This is clown stuff.

Al-Shifa was barely functional and heavily damaged and had only recently restored minimal operations by the time the March siege began. It has since been destroyed beyond functionality. That’s why there aren’t any articles from the last few weeks - it’s toast.

This is according to WHO, MWF, and other non-partisan organizations that have actually been there.

“I can’t find anything.” Well, I don’t pretend to be an expert on Googling but I searched “Al-Shifa” on the internet and got about 20 articles and reports on it. Maybe you should try using your noggin, or is it just harder to find sources that don’t show what you want to believe?
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 04:33 PM   #6862
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I can't find out anything about whether the hospital has reopened.
Let me do a quick google images search.

Looks perfectly fine to me.
https://www.google.com/search?client...&bih=667&dpr=3

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 04:34 PM   #6863
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
Let me do a quick google images search.

Looks perfectly fine to me.
https://www.google.com/search?client...&bih=667&dpr=3
Crazy. It's as if there was a battle there involving hundreds of gun men using the hospital for cover.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2024, 04:35 PM   #6864
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even Google tells you not to bother showing up, it's closed.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 04:57 PM   #6865
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

To put this in perspective, the war would have ended before March, if Hamas had agreed to release the hostages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZRlrWHHRoU&t=86s

I wonder why Israel is pushing so hard for the hostages to be released.

Edit: I think you need to click the link because the graphic content warning is preventing imbedding.

Last edited by blankall; 05-22-2024 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2024, 05:13 PM   #6866
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Palestinian child shot dead by Israeli sniper in the West Bank while riding his bicycle. Was shot 3 or 4 times in the head chest foot.
Are we sure the person shot wasn't just a really small and short member of Hamas riding a child's bicycle as cover?
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2024, 06:02 PM   #6867
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
To put this in perspective, the war would have ended before March, if Hamas had agreed to release the hostages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZRlrWHHRoU&t=86s

I wonder why Israel is pushing so hard for the hostages to be released.

Edit: I think you need to click the link because the graphic content warning is preventing imbedding.
You wonder why people want hostages released? lol.

Like, you needed a video posted today to confirm that being a hostage is (especially of terrorist organization), a horrific experience?

Using “release the hostages” as a fallback when you’ve been caught out spreading bull#### again is below you. These are human beings, not tools for you to use to avoid having an honest discussion. Hiding behind their strife to avoid owning up to the amount of effort you put in to dismissing the same or worse strife of Palestinians (and worse, to excuse it) is pathetic and you should know better.

Especially if you’re going to play games and suggest that saying people are justified in being upset is “defending terrorism” just to turn around and do worse. Be an adult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Are we sure the person shot wasn't just a really small and short member of Hamas riding a child's bicycle as cover?
“If Hamas had released the hostages the IDF wouldn’t have had to kill a surgeon, teacher, and kid riding a bicycle in the West Bank.” - blankall
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2024, 06:08 PM   #6868
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
He wasn't waiving a white flag and wasn't speaking Hebrew so probably not Hamas.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 08:50 AM   #6869
Skootenbeeten
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hkpjnn2ma

"Only a bit of raping" though according to this thread. The "freedom fighters" supported on North American campuses.
Skootenbeeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 08:56 AM   #6870
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

End of the day Israel as the greater power, and the US as their biggest ally and supporter have again not presented a plan on any of this going forward. Yes Hamas needs to go, but killing low level operatives is literally not accomplishing anything.

Unfortunately I now believe this has gone from a Israel having the right to defend itself and seek justice for the Oct 7 attacks, to the US war machine putting the pieces in place to make sure the conflict continues indefinitely.

Biden Administration looks like a joke at this point, especially given how some moron in Egypt can sideline ceasefire agreements.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 08:58 AM   #6871
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skootenbeeten View Post
https://www.ynetnews.com/article/hkpjnn2ma

"Only a bit of raping" though according to this thread. The "freedom fighters" supported on North American campuses.
Does reading about these atrocities make you feel like it justifies what Israel is doing to the innocent people and children in Gaza? Does one crime justify another for you?
Old 05-23-2024, 09:13 AM   #6872
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
You wonder why people want hostages released? lol.

Like, you needed a video posted today to confirm that being a hostage is (especially of terrorist organization), a horrific experience?

Using “release the hostages” as a fallback when you’ve been caught out spreading bull#### again is below you. These are human beings, not tools for you to use to avoid having an honest discussion. Hiding behind their strife to avoid owning up to the amount of effort you put in to dismissing the same or worse strife of Palestinians (and worse, to excuse it) is pathetic and you should know better.

Especially if you’re going to play games and suggest that saying people are justified in being upset is “defending terrorism” just to turn around and do worse. Be an adult.

“If Hamas had released the hostages the IDF wouldn’t have had to kill a surgeon, teacher, and kid riding a bicycle in the West Bank.” - blankall
Just a regular hostage taking? No issues with violence towards women? It's crazy that you're willing to ignore that.

And no, the whole point of releasing hostages is to avoid them being used as tools. If the war ends and the hostages aren't freed, entirely, Hamas uses them as tools and the conflict continues. Continued hostage holding would inevitably lead to more military conflict.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:36 AM   #6873
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Just a regular hostage taking? No issues with violence towards women? It's crazy that you're willing to ignore that.

And no, the whole point of releasing hostages is to avoid them being used as tools. If the war ends and the hostages aren't freed, entirely, Hamas uses them as tools and the conflict continues. Continued hostage holding would inevitably lead to more military conflict.
Have you ever considered not lying? You’re literally quoting the posts and then making up what people said in those posts.

I seriously hope you just assume everyone here is stupid and can’t read so you can say whatever you want, because otherwise your posts reflect extremely poorly on your own ability and you probably have no place participating in any serious conversation.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2024, 09:37 AM   #6874
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty sure everyone has problems with violence against women which is why we all have condemned Hamas while you haven't once condemned Israel for their violence against women AND children. Killing an Israeli woman and killing a Palestinian woman is the exact same murder even if you clearly believe an Israeli life is more important than a Palestinian life.

The fact that you even brought that up shows your bias. You haven't mentioned the thousands of Palestinian women murdered by Israel, wonder why that is?
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2024, 10:01 AM   #6875
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Pretty sure everyone has problems with violence against women which is why we all have condemned Hamas while you haven't once condemned Israel for their violence against women AND children. Killing an Israeli woman and killing a Palestinian woman is the exact same murder even if you clearly believe an Israeli life is more important than a Palestinian life.

The fact that you even brought that up shows your bias. You haven't mentioned the thousands of Palestinian women murdered by Israel, wonder why that is?
So you should not mention what Hamas is doing here or for they contributed to this. Holding 5 teenage women and commiting acts of sexual violence against shouldn't even be brought up.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:25 AM   #6876
Zary's-Mustache
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
So you should not mention what Hamas is doing here or for they contributed to this. Holding 5 teenage women and commiting acts of sexual violence against shouldn't even be brought up.
It has been brought up multiple times and we all have condemned Hamas.

What about the violence against Palestinian women. Do you condemn Israel?
The Following User Says Thank You to Zary's-Mustache For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2024, 10:35 AM   #6877
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
It has been brought up multiple times and we all have condemned Hamas.

What about the violence against Palestinian women. Do you condemn Israel?
The video came out yesterday. Hadn't been mentioned one time. I wouldn't have posted it if facts from from sides were fairly being discussed.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:44 AM   #6878
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The video came out yesterday. Hadn't been mentioned one time. I wouldn't have posted it if facts from from sides were fairly being discussed.
That wasn't an answer to his question.
Old 05-23-2024, 10:54 AM   #6879
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
That wasn't an answer to his question.
I would condemn all violence against civilians. If it's a situation where fighters are hiding behind civilians, then I would hold the fighters hiding behind the civilians at fault.

Do you think that all facts should be discussed, or only the ones that support your view? Everyone else should be silenced? This is a bit of a running theme for you. You were equally "disgusted" when it was mentioned that Hamas had fired machine guns from the roof of the WCK vehicle.

You even just "lied" about the hostage video being brought up before.
Old 05-23-2024, 11:06 AM   #6880
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
I would condemn all violence against civilians. If it's a situation where fighters are hiding behind civilians, then I would hold the fighters hiding behind the civilians at fault.

Do you think that all facts should be discussed, or only the ones that support your view? Everyone else should be silenced? This is a bit of a running theme for you. You were equally "disgusted" when it was mentioned that Hamas had fired machine guns from the roof of the WCK vehicle.

You even just "lied" about the hostage video being brought up before.

Incredible.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: