Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2024, 10:23 PM   #4981
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADY7 View Post
I can easily see EDM winning the cup.
Why does this clown still have an account
Old 05-20-2024, 10:25 PM   #4982
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameX View Post
Now that the Nucks are out, what spot are we picking in the draft?
Yep, we gained a spot from this. Thank goodness.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:38 PM   #4983
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Playing not to lose never works. What an awful brand of hockey from the Canucks. If I was a fan I would be pissed and rightfully so. Squarely on the coach in my mind.

Assuming he gets the Jack Adams
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:44 PM   #4984
smithtofuhr86
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galakanokis View Post
Playing not to lose never works. What an awful brand of hockey from the Canucks. If I was a fan I would be pissed and rightfully so. Squarely on the coach in my mind.
A team that some chose to not even make the playoffs not only wins the Pacific Division but come within a win of the Western Conference? I am far from a Canucks fan but sure the effort was dismal at times tonight but I don’t know how much of that fan base will be pissed & on top of that blaming the coach.
smithtofuhr86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:45 PM   #4985
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Hadn’t posted since the series started. Thought the Oilers outplayed Vancouver in games 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7. Was a back and forth series. Surprised games 6 and especially 7 were one sided for the most part. Pettersson had to have been injured or Canuck fans should be worried.

To go from 3-9-1 to making the 3rd round I’ll take it. Dallas will be the favorites next round with their depth so it’s house money and no pressure.

This was a fun series.
OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 10:46 PM   #4986
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithtofuhr86 View Post
A team that some chose to not even make the playoffs not only wins the Pacific Division but come within a win of the Western Conference? I am far from
A Canucks fan but sure the effort was dismal at times tonight but I don’t know how much of that fan base will be pissed & on top of that blaming the coach.
Because they just sat there watching Nashville and Edmonton do anything they could muster up? How much effort did you see outside the last 8 minutes?
Old 05-20-2024, 10:49 PM   #4987
smithtofuhr86
Backup Goalie

Exp:

These Oilers keep ruining the playoff fun for us cheering against them. The thing that is worrisome is they are clearly the underdogs going into Dallas. If they play loose, with a nothing to lose attitude & house money type of approach they may be cause issues for Dallas. Let’s hope not but I just don’t know anymore.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:51 PM   #4988
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
Look at some of these EDM cheerleader posters we haven’t seen in the thread until now. Go back to your scumbag oilers fan message boards.
They’ve likely been banned from there.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:52 PM   #4989
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Good series Nucks fans!
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 10:52 PM   #4990
Rhett44
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I refuse to believe the Canucks are that putrid.

Some of it had to have been coaching them to go into a shell and play a close game.

But then again, maybe they all have tee times this week.
Rhett44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 10:53 PM   #4991
smithtofuhr86
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
Because they just sat there watching Nashville and Edmonton do anything they could muster up? How much effort did you see outside the last 8 minutes?
I’m not breaking the game down like I am Howie Meeker I don’t have the expertise but all I was saying is I don’t know how much of that fan base will be pissed they lost. Sure if you break the games down like a coach you would see holes but I can guarantee there would be fan bases across the NHL that would gladly trade spots with the playoff run the Canucks went on than there team like a Ottawa, Pittsburgh or even Toronto to some extent.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:54 PM   #4992
butterfly
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Hadn’t posted since the series started. Thought the Oilers outplayed Vancouver in games 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7. Was a back and forth series. Surprised games 6 and especially 7 were one sided for the most part. Pettersson had to have been injured or Canuck fans should be worried.

To go from 3-9-1 to making the 3rd round I’ll take it. Dallas will be the favorites next round with their depth so it’s house money and no pressure.

This was a fun series.
Quote:
These Oilers keep ruining the playoff fun for us cheering against them. The thing that is worrisome is they are clearly the underdogs going into Dallas. If they play loose, with a nothing to lose attitude & house money type of approach they may be cause issues for Dallas. Let’s hope not but I just don’t know anymore.
I thought it was Cup or bust?

I mean, really, thanks for doing a huge favor and getting rid of Vancouver. We owe you one. But, no one believes that you're happy to be there.
Old 05-20-2024, 10:58 PM   #4993
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Lol, are you kidding? I'd say pretty much all of the pressure is on the Oilers right now. They've wasted how many years of the Wonder Twins? 8? It's Cup or bust for Edmonton this year. Anything less than that will be viewed as a complete failure from their fans, their media, their management, as well as the entire staff at Sportsnet.

Their window is closing fast and if they don't win this year, we're likely talking another decade of darkness before they can get back here again. Yea, the Oilers are underdogs in this series, but the pressure on them will still be immense.

I
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2024, 11:10 PM   #4994
sharkov
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Canucks mistake was not signing Phil kessel
Old 05-20-2024, 11:11 PM   #4995
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
A team that some chose to not even make the playoffs not only wins the Pacific Division but come within a win of the Western Conference? I am far from a Canucks fan but sure the effort was dismal at times tonight but I don’t know how much of that fan base will be pissed & on top of that blaming the coach.

Going on how he coached the offense out of team around the all start break. Tail of two teams. I can understand why he did what he did but they were not a good second half team.

Impressive season compared to last year but the expectations changed. Team played scared.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 11:15 PM   #4996
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd liner View Post
So #####ing angry right now. I wish the stars no-goods series would start right now so I don’t have to listen to 48h of no-good propaganda. Now it’s going to be all this ‘Canada’s team’ bulls***t.
Yeah, I'll be avoiding Sportsnet like the plague for the next few days.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 11:30 PM   #4997
R0taryRocket
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Nucks fan. Not pissed but obviously disappointed. Clearly there were some positives from the season. The Hronek goal at the end was bitter sweet. Where was that all playoffs. Not a fan of the comments against the flames at the end of the season either.
R0taryRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to R0taryRocket For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2024, 02:57 AM   #4998
1Nite
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Clearly the cannucks drank the water, I hear there is something in it.
1Nite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 03:00 AM   #4999
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Hope big D shows no mercy.

No room for doubt. Just blast em.

This series is precisely why the formatting needs to change, stat.

Probably the 12th and 13th teams of 16 in the tourney and one is seeing the conference finals. That shouldn't happen.
They were actually 6th and 9th in league standings, and the Canucks were only 5 points out of the top spot, it was that congested, both of them actually had a better goal differential than the #1 ranked team.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 04:55 AM   #5000
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

has there been a team with a more incredibly easy path to the west conference final than these losers were gifted?
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote